Mac or PC? yes I am starting this classical debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: Mac or PC? yes I am starting this classical debate
(14-02-2014 03:33 PM)Vipa Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_o...2Freligion

"According to neurological research cited by the BBC on their Secrets of the Superbrands documentary, the response from the brain of an Apple enthusiast when viewing the brand-related symbols and imagery is similar to the one of a religious devotee when exposed to religious symbols and images.
[...]
Psychologist Dave Levine argues that the Mac community has a religious feeling, providing a sense of community and common heritage for those who have rejected religion."

Edit: damn too late Tongue

[Image: pat-on-the-back-300x300-scaled59511.jpg]
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get another chance

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Oh, and just because it's funny. (It's funny because it's true)

[Image: pc-vs-mac-upgrade-cartoon-hi-im-a-pc-and-im-a-mac-.jpg]

edit: better graphic size.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
(14-02-2014 03:33 PM)Vipa Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_o...2Freligion

"According to neurological research cited by the BBC on their Secrets of the Superbrands documentary, the response from the brain of an Apple enthusiast when viewing the brand-related symbols and imagery is similar to the one of a religious devotee when exposed to religious symbols and images.
[...]
Psychologist Dave Levine argues that the Mac community has a religious feeling, providing a sense of community and common heritage for those who have rejected religion."

Edit: damn too late Tongue

It's all good. Just chalk it up to great minds thinking alike. Wink

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
14-02-2014, 03:42 PM
It all balances out when you compare the amount of money you'll spend on virus protection and subscriptions and repairs. I've had the same Macs for almost 20 years and never one problem, no viruses, nothing.

Look, someone has to stand up for Macs in this thread so I'll fall on the sword.

It all depends on what you want the computer for (go ahead and insert your sarcastic snarky comment here, I lobbed it up there for the common denominators. After all, they are so miserable using their Windoze I may as well give them something to make them happy.) Smile

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2014, 03:45 PM
(14-02-2014 03:42 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It all balances out when you compare the amount of money you'll spend on virus protection and subscriptions and repairs. I've had the same Macs for almost 20 years and never one problem, no viruses, nothing.

Jeeze. You really pulled the virus card? How many times do I need to say it? With any OS; if you don't act like an idiot, nothing idiotic will happen to your computer.

[Image: dwightschrute_false_mac-300x207.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
14-02-2014, 03:47 PM
(14-02-2014 03:42 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It all balances out when you compare the amount of money you'll spend on virus protection and subscriptions and repairs. I've had the same Macs for almost 20 years and never one problem, no viruses, nothing.

Look, someone has to stand up for Macs in this thread so I'll fall on the sword.

It all depends on what you want the computer for (go ahead and insert your sarcastic snarky comment here, I lobbed it up there for the common denominators. After all, they are so miserable using their Windoze I may as well give them something to make them happy.) Smile

I have never spent a dime on virus protection and fixing them is easy enough. Macs are just inferior. They cost more and do less and it's not like Macs can't get viruses just they are such a small market share that more people that write malicious software go for the 90% of the market rather than the 10% but when they do go after the 10% it can be carnage.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-02-2014, 03:48 PM
(14-02-2014 03:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I have never spent a dime on virus protection and fixing them is easy enough. Macs are just inferior. They cost more and do less and it's not like Macs can't get viruses just they are such a small market share that more people that write malicious software go for the 90% of the market rather than the 10% but when they do go after the 10% it can be carnage.

Rev just used the oldest anti-Mac argument ever, and it still works.

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
14-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Macs are what you get when you combine the disadvantages of Microsoft with the disadvantages of Linux and then charge people a hefty premium for the experience to boot.

But, uh, to each their own, I guess.

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
14-02-2014, 03:51 PM
(14-02-2014 03:48 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 03:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have never spent a dime on virus protection and fixing them is easy enough. Macs are just inferior. They cost more and do less and it's not like Macs can't get viruses just they are such a small market share that more people that write malicious software go for the 90% of the market rather than the 10% but when they do go after the 10% it can be carnage.

Rev just used the oldest anti-Mac argument ever, and it still works.

It's the Epicurious Argument for Mac vs PC. The fundamental paradox no Mac owner can solve Laugh out load

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-02-2014, 03:52 PM
Heard it all before, guys, and of course it's bullshit.

Pearl didn't mention wanting to have control over hardware and putting together her own computer, she asked for opinions. She obviously has Mac products and they are far simpler to use and are much more intuitive and user friendly. I've used both systems extensively and it's not even close.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user