Machiavelli, on Trump.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 03:57 AM
Machiavelli, on Trump.
I recalled this earlier when a mate showed me some Trump speeches on youtube.

The bold line seems to hit some sad truth.

The italics represent people such as our dear mascot, Lord Dark Helmet.

“I find it more fitting to seek the truth of the matter rather than imaginary conceptions because how one lives and how one ought to live are so far apart that a ruler who persists in doing what ought to be done will undermine his power. Everybody knows how commendable it is for a ruler to keep his word and live by integrity rather than by cunning, and yet, experience shows us that rulers with little regard for their word have achieved great things being expert at beguiling men’s minds. A prince must be a fox to spot the snares and a lion to overwhelm the wolves. Those who rely merely upon the lion’s strength do not understand this therefore a prudent ruler can not keep his word nor should he when it would be to his disadvantage to do so. If all men were good this rule would not stand but as men are wicked and not prepared to keep their word to you then you have no need to keep your word to them. Those best able to imitate the fox have succeeded best but foxiness should be well concealed. A deceiver will always find someone who is willing to be deceived.

Written in the 1500's, relevant today.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post