Macron has won election

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Macron has won election
France is an example of a mature democracy.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
07-05-2017, 01:00 PM
(07-05-2017 12:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Glad I ain't french, I suck a dodging trucks

How are you at dodging bullets at school, when the next loser gets dumped by his gf and decides to go on a rampage?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
07-05-2017, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 01:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-05-2017 12:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  I love sarcasm as well as the next gal (probably more) but lazy, rather dumb (no offence) and entirely untrue cultural stereotypes, especially ones that Americans (the vast majority of whom consider it international travel when they visit a neighbouring state) imagine to have any basis in reality, ain't it Drinking Beverage

There is an upside to their hygiene. At least I can smell them coming and get the hell out of Dodge before they're all up in my grill trying to sell me more widgets.

#sigh
07-05-2017, 01:04 PM
(07-05-2017 12:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory...n-47259341

Quote:Bernard Cazeneuve said in a statement minutes after the last polls closed that the vote "testifies to the lucidity of the voters who rejected the deadly project of the extreme right." He said the vote shows an embrace of the European Union.
French polling agencies have projected that Macron has defeated Marine Le Pen 65 percent to 35 percent, with a record number of blank and spoiled ballots.

Hurrah! and Huzzah!

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 1 user Likes Norm Deplume's post
07-05-2017, 01:10 PM
(07-05-2017 12:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory...n-47259341

Quote:Bernard Cazeneuve said in a statement minutes after the last polls closed that the vote "testifies to the lucidity of the voters who rejected the deadly project of the extreme right." He said the vote shows an embrace of the European Union.
French polling agencies have projected that Macron has defeated Marine Le Pen 65 percent to 35 percent, with a record number of blank and spoiled ballots.

THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME, good for France. Maybe they saw what idiots the UK were and especially what Trump is proving to be and said "no thanks"!

The irony is despite the majority of most GOP supporting fuckface Trump, is that when you poll most Americans without mentioning party, we lean left as a nation. I think GOP voters simply vote like gang members.

I love my mom, she was a mostly republican voter, but it frustrated me that when I wasn't mentioning party, on just about every issue she agreed with me.

Me, "Mom do you think workers get paid enough"

Republican Mom, "No"

Me, "Mom do you think health care costs are too high?"

Mom, "Yes"

Me, "Do you think LGBT should be treated equally"

Mom, "Yes".

Me, "Mom, as a retired teacher, do you think it is wise to have more guns in public schools?"

Mom, "HELL NO!"

Me, "Ok Mom, if you agree with me on all that, then why do you vote for Republican?"

Mom, "Why do you have to always bring party into it? I don't want to talk about it"

The western push to the right not just in America but in Europe and even Australia is about protecting global corporatism. When idiots try to point out America and China, they always miss that CHINA allows the private sector too.

Last year I was watching on CSPAN coverage of a press conference with the Chinese PM, and of course, he speaks, and a translator you hear on your end. During that press conference he pulled the same economic right bullshit line "Now is not the time to tax the rich".

Fear mongering is what the rich of the world use to convince laypeople to keep them in power. The worst part is that most people, especially in the west, are NOT against the private sector, just monopolies and abuse of power.

It is absurd that 62 uber billionaire families of all political stripes worldwide have the combined wealth of 3 billion. It isn't the wealth anyone should object to, but the hording becomes counter productive after a certain volume.

Xenophobia is how all powers manipulate the average person into supporting them.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-05-2017, 01:10 PM
(07-05-2017 01:00 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 12:58 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Glad I ain't french, I suck a dodging trucks

How are you at dodging bullets at school, when the next loser gets dumped by his gf and decides to go on a rampage?

Quite well, seeing as my country doesn't try defend the actions of school shooters.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Yeah, and France they build them monuments. 'muricans Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
(07-05-2017 01:12 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, and France they build them monuments. 'muricans Facepalm

Statues no, but they did vote in somebody who said terrorism is a normal part of life.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Look, sonny, leave the politics to the grown-ups who have actually been to more than two cities in the States in their life. You already have your big strong and tough leader to protect you, don't you? What do you care about those unwashed Europeans anyway?

[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
07-05-2017, 01:27 PM
(07-05-2017 01:19 PM)Vera Wrote:  Look, sonny, leave the politics to the grown-ups who have actually been to more than two cities in the States in their life. You already have your big strong and tough leader to protect you, don't you? What do you care about those unwashed Europeans anyway?

Looks like the grown ups don't offer many good refutations, seeing as you assume me not liking this outcome means I like trump. I don't care for trump.

But hey, I don't want islam to grow but that's just me. I assume people in france doesn't want islam to grow either, yet people cheer when the same man who said terrorism is a normal part of life is voted in.