Macron has won election

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: Macron has won election
(07-05-2017 01:18 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Statues no, but they did vote in somebody who said terrorism is a normal part of life.

Yeah, sure, Breitbart and other far right media excuses quoted him saying that. If Breitbart said it, we know it's true, don't we?

I'm sure the BBC and other media outlets aren't as reputable, but that's what he said a month ago.

Quote:Speaking at his Paris launch, Mr Macron said he wants to legally compel social media companies to give authorities access to encrypted messages between terror suspects

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39555125

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
07-05-2017, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 01:49 PM by Vera.)
I don't want Islam to grow - what the fuck does this mean and how the fuck is le Pen going to stop Islam from growing and since when does Islam = terrorism?

And that from a guy who shares quite a bit of the misogyny of Islam Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
(07-05-2017 01:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  I'm sure the BBC and other media outlets aren't as reputable, but that's what he said a month ago.

Quote:Speaking at his Paris launch, Mr Macron said he wants to legally compel social media companies to give authorities access to encrypted messages between terror suspects

You should know he said this before he said terrorism is a part of life, not after. If he said it after, there would be a point.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Congratulations to France for choosing the lesser evil of two options that didn't really make much of the population happy. Macron offers a chance to keep the EU and the Euro strong in the post-Brexit climate.

(07-05-2017 01:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  I don't want Islam to grow - what the fuck does this mean and how the fuck is le Pen going to stop Islam from growing and since when does Islam = terrorism?

And that from a guy who shares quite a bit of the misogyny of Islam :facepa;m:

Well if she shares the views of her father (granted she kicked him out of her nationalist party he founded, in order to try and lure in more 'mainstream' disaffected voters), I imagine that her solution would involve gas chambers. Angry

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-05-2017, 01:46 PM
(07-05-2017 01:40 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You should know he said this before he said terrorism is a part of life, not after. If he said it after, there would be a point.

And I'm eagerly awaiting your link. Preferably from a french source, which I just browsed for, without finding anything related. He talked a lot about "terreur" which doesn't equal "terror" but simply means fear. In that sense he spoke about fear being a part of daily life and encouraged his countrymen to not be driven by fear. But it had a totally different meaning than what Breitbart makes of it.

It certainly helps if one is able to read and understand french and doesn't need to resort to dubious webshit.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like abaris's post
07-05-2017, 01:46 PM
(07-05-2017 01:40 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  I'm sure the BBC and other media outlets aren't as reputable, but that's what he said a month ago.

You should know he said this before he said terrorism is a part of life, not after. If he said it after, there would be a point.

I hate to tell you this, but terrorism is and has been a part of life many places, for many decades.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
07-05-2017, 01:48 PM
(07-05-2017 01:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  I don't want Islam to grow -

Never said ya did

(07-05-2017 01:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  what the fuck does this mean and how the fuck is le Pen going to stop Islam from growing

Ya vet immigrants better and permanently arrest(or deport in certain cases) terrorist.

(07-05-2017 01:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  and since when does Islam = terrorism?

Islam is pretty much the number one reason for terrorist attacks across the planet. You are right in saying not all terrorist attacks are in the name of Islam, but when compared to Christianity, Islam makes Christianity look like Sikhism.

(07-05-2017 01:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  And that from a guy who shares quite a bit of the misogyny of Islam :facepa;m:

I don't remember saying women should cover up or any of the anti-women things in islam. As far as I remembered I never cared what life choices a woman made.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
(07-05-2017 01:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't remember saying women should cover up or any of the anti-women things in islam. As far as I remembered I never cared what life choices a woman made.

You've said much much worse on the subject of women.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
(07-05-2017 12:59 PM)tomilay Wrote:  France is an example of a mature democracy.
With quite the issue with Anti-semitism. 51% of all hate crimes commited in France are against Jews, even though they number less than 1% of population. [J. Kirchick, "The End of Europe", p. 161 of 2017 Epub edition].

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
07-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Hooray!

As one of my husband's friends said, this shows that Le Pen is more powerful than...nothing.

Going to be in Paris later this month, so I'm looking forward to having some conversations about this election.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post