Macron has won election

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Macron has won election
Realize I'm not French, but I imagine that Macron's stated aims of helping economic conditions in France through attempting to institute a more Nordic model, will be something that can only benefit its citizenry more than rhetoric about how we can blame the Mexicans. Oops, wrong nation and nationalist Muslims for all the problems in the nation. Also looking forward to seeing who he chooses for his Prime Minister; will it be someone close to him, or will it be some sort of conciliatory nature to one of the other defeated candidates' parties (though most likely not FN).

(07-05-2017 01:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 12:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  This, Girly dear, is why the world will keep on laughing at you and will forever consider you the world's equivalent of the village idiot.

And Brits have horrible teeth, natch. Drinking Beverage

Also - phew, that was a relief. I would totally have gone to live with an indigenous tribe in the Amazon, had that thing won. Or preferably in the Andes, to raise llamas - less unbearable heat and gianormous spiders.

You can come live with us, and help my l'll brother raise our (few) llamas, any day. They spit though, when you piss them off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_6XHB8D9vQ
We have some snakes, but not huge spideys. Angel

Woot for llamas! (Even if spitting.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
07-05-2017, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 02:17 PM by Vera.)
Yeah, I guess Dom, Julep and the rest of us are imagining the same nothing, eh? Facepalm

Sorry, Dom, I'm done, I promise.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 02:20 PM by Brian37.)
(07-05-2017 01:18 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:12 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, and France they build them monuments. 'muricans Facepalm

Statues no, but they did vote in somebody who said terrorism is a normal part of life.

No it is spreading because of their Xenophobia and ours. It should NOT be normal. Conservatism is the fucking problem, be it Islamic, or Christian or Jewish.

Even outside those three, our species has a horrible tendency when any group feels threatened, to default to violence over diplomacy.

And please quote him where he fucking said that in THOSE EXACT WORDS.

Liberals when we talk about reducing violence, are not promoting more violence, nor are we ignoring that violence exists.

What we mean is that we cannot let their fear, which leads them to violence lead us to scrap our western values.

This is as much a bullshit argument as saying "climate change is creating more problems" means "this new normal is something we should accept".

Huge difference between "accept" and what the left is saying, "We cant deal with this new climate with old thinking".

Nobody is or should accept religious terrorism. But to fight their fear and xenophobia by defaulting to it is bullshit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
07-05-2017, 02:15 PM
(07-05-2017 02:13 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, I guess Dom, Julep and the rest of us are imagining the same nothing, eh? Facepalm

That are taking it out of context.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2017, 02:16 PM
(07-05-2017 02:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  While breitbart did in fact first report on this, I decided to look for a refutation of the article, some where some how. I dedicded to check if snopes had looked into the claim, they haven't refuted it. So far no sources refutes the claim which is what matters. While I can agree that breitbart is cancer, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Well, if you had some french reading comprehension, you would notice that they unearthed an interview Macron gave two years ago. That's business as usual with them, so it has to be expected. Also, they twisted the french word terreur to have an entirely different meaning than what Macron really said.

Here, knock yourself out.

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/politiq...97286.html

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like abaris's post
07-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Also, correct me if I'm wrong folks, but aren't the French Elections (granted, usually more people vote, but still) a 5% to 8% range between the candidates? The only other French Presidential election I know of where there was above a 60% margin like this was when Jacques Chirac slaughtered LePen's father 82:18.

Following this defeat, the National Front has already announced they'll be rebranding with a new name.

07-05-2017, 02:22 PM
(07-05-2017 02:16 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 02:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  While breitbart did in fact first report on this, I decided to look for a refutation of the article, some where some how. I dedicded to check if snopes had looked into the claim, they haven't refuted it. So far no sources refutes the claim which is what matters. While I can agree that breitbart is cancer, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Well, if you had some french reading comprehension, you would notice that they unearthed an interview Macron gave two years ago. That's business as usual with them, so it has to be expected. Also, they twisted the french word terreur to have an entirely different meaning than what Macron really said.

Here, knock yourself out.

http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/politiq...97286.html

Huh, good job showing a refutation for it. Fair enough, I concede that point.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
07-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Watch, trump will claim the French election was rigged. It's fake news! Hillary paid French Muslim immigrants money to vote twice. Hobo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-05-2017, 02:27 PM
(07-05-2017 02:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Watch, trump will claim the French election was rigged. It's fake news! Hillary paid French Muslim immigrants money to vote twice. Hobo

Actually, loathe as I am to defend him, he's already congratulated Macron via Twitter.

[Image: T74D3H5.png]

07-05-2017, 02:27 PM
(07-05-2017 02:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Also, correct me if I'm wrong folks, but aren't the French Elections (granted, usually more people vote, but still) a 5% to 8% range between the candidates? The only other French Presidential election I know of where there was above a 60% margin like this was when Jacques Chirac slaughtered LePen's father 82:18.

It's usually a close race when only two candidates are left. Not only in France. The rather disturbing fact is that 35 percent still voted for a candidate that makes no secret about being far right. She tried to distance herself from he antisemitic father, but that still doesn't change the fact it's still the same party.

That may be down to a rather low turnout and the fact that radicals are usually more eager to vote for their candidate than moderates. Even more so, if the moderate is considered to be the lesser evil and not a really desirable choice.

America, after the latest disaster, should know the works.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post