Macron has won election

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Macron has won election
(07-05-2017 01:50 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 12:59 PM)tomilay Wrote:  France is an example of a mature democracy.
With quite the issue with Anti-semitism. 51% of all hate crimes commited in France are against Jews, even though they number less than 1% of population. [J. Kirchick, "The End of Europe", p. 161 of 2017 Epub edition].

That sucks. Still, if that is to improve, it would seem far more likely under Macron than the Nazi.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
07-05-2017, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2017 04:19 PM by Chas.)
(07-05-2017 02:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  While breitbart did in fact first report on this, I decided to look for a refutation of the article, some where some how. I dedicded to check if snopes had looked into the claim, they haven't refuted it. So far no sources refutes the claim which is what matters. While I can agree that breitbart is cancer, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Oh, for fuck's sake - that's not how it works.
It is up to you find a credible source that quotes what he actually said.

Breitbart has its head up its ass and you followed them into that darkness.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
07-05-2017, 04:45 PM
(07-05-2017 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 02:08 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  While breitbart did in fact first report on this, I decided to look for a refutation of the article, some where some how. I dedicded to check if snopes had looked into the claim, they haven't refuted it. So far no sources refutes the claim which is what matters. While I can agree that breitbart is cancer, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Breitbart is as credible as The Weekly Word News and it's Batboy headlines.

Elvis is still alive and gave birth to Big Foot while giving ET a reach around.

The right wing is as smoking the same crack as ISIS, and America is simply hanging on by a thread by comparison.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
07-05-2017, 05:40 PM
(07-05-2017 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Yeah and no source denied he said that. However as someone pointd out he apprently said it two years ago. Add to the fact macron said he wanted to track terrorist only a month, as the same person also showed, so will him saying that s a little concerning, the fact he isn't going to let it happen is fine.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-05-2017, 06:16 PM
(07-05-2017 03:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Ya vet immigrants better and permanently arrest(or deport in certain cases) terrorist.

How in the world is that going to stop Islam from growing? You realize that Muslims live the world over and -- yikes! -- reproduce!

Some sloppy thinking you've got going on here, Zeke, even by your own standards.

By the way, the mistake you're making is two-fold -- non sequitur, and overbroad generalization. Just in case you were curious.

Ya know what, I can say i was wrong. Guessing me being a douchebag while arguing didn't make it better. Sorry about that.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
07-05-2017, 09:12 PM
(07-05-2017 03:58 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 01:50 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  With quite the issue with Anti-semitism. 51% of all hate crimes commited in France are against Jews, even though they number less than 1% of population. [J. Kirchick, "The End of Europe", p. 161 of 2017 Epub edition].

That sucks. Still, if that is to improve, it would seem far more likely under Macron than the Nazi.
I doubt that it will improve. It looks like too big issue to be fixed with simple vote.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-05-2017, 12:14 AM
(07-05-2017 06:16 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 03:33 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  How in the world is that going to stop Islam from growing? You realize that Muslims live the world over and -- yikes! -- reproduce!

Some sloppy thinking you've got going on here, Zeke, even by your own standards.

By the way, the mistake you're making is two-fold -- non sequitur, and overbroad generalization. Just in case you were curious.

Ya know what, I can say i was wrong. Guessing me being a douchebag while arguing didn't make it better. Sorry about that.

Everyone has a bit of douchebag in them. No exceptions. Over time the older we get the more we learn, the less often the douchebag surfaces. The real surprise for me is that a guy who knows what critical thinking looks like - you - gets taken in by something as far out as Breitbart.

That thing about "No one denied it so it might be true" - no one would *bother* to deny it, since it's a news report from some far-right website that also promotes conspiracy theories. It would be like issuing a denial to an Onion article.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-05-2017, 12:26 AM
(07-05-2017 09:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 03:58 PM)tomilay Wrote:  That sucks. Still, if that is to improve, it would seem far more likely under Macron than the Nazi.
I doubt that it will improve. It looks like too big issue to be fixed with simple vote.

After WWII the right wing/fascist movement was always quite prominent in France, it just became more apparent right now. There is a reason Le Pens dad was so well known before she took over.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
08-05-2017, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017 10:58 AM by Vera.)
This just in: the elections were, apparently, rigged. By the freaking French people, no less! Gasp

[Image: C_Py3sEVYAASgnj.jpg:large]

[Image: Capture.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-05-2017, 12:03 PM
(08-05-2017 10:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: Capture.jpg]

They won most of the time the past year Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.