Mad Max and what to do untill Fallout 4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2015 08:50 AM by ELK12695.)
Mad Max and what to do untill Fallout 4
The elephant in the room here is if this game (released 31 Aug) is worth as a time consumer while waiting for Fallout 4. So far I've deduced that it's not a movie tie in to the new Mad Max film, which is good. It also looks like it might need a bit of GPU power to run based off how much it takes to run Shadow of Mordor (another game published by WBG) decently. However, like Shadow of Mordor I'm worried if the game has enough content to bother with and a big enough open world map. I might give it a shot while waiting for F4.

And I am aware this game is shipped a day before MGS5, but any project that had Hideo Kojima in and then booted him off; not a good sign for a die hard MGS fan who can quote pretty much any line from any of the games.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Mad Max and what to do untill Fallout 4
There's a mad max game? Blink

Huh... it's advertised on tumblr. I'm scairt. http://madmaxgame.tumblr.com/

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 08:42 AM
Completely forgot the E3 footage and most recent trailer, sorry

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234140/

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-08-2015, 08:53 AM
Yeah, you're sorry alright. Big Grin

Looks pretty cool, but 3GB memory video card?!?!

living word
26-08-2015, 09:21 AM
(26-08-2015 08:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Looks pretty cool, but 3GB memory video card?!?!

Then I'm safe with my 4 GB

Shadow of Mordor was worse. That game hates you if you have a 2 GB Memory GPU.

Also, it's time for you 4GB RAM folks out there to get 16 GB. 4 is no longer the standard.

[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-08-2015, 09:44 AM
See what you started? Now I'm on newegg looking for a new graphics card. Tongue

living word
26-08-2015, 09:50 AM
It's developed by Avalanche Studios, the team behind the Just Cause series (and also currently working on Just Cause 3).

They can make great games, but I'll wait to see reviews. This might be a decent Warner Brothers PC port (Shadow of Mordor), or an absolute shit storm (Batman: Arkham Knight).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2015, 04:16 PM
I believe it is called RAGE and it is not very good. Or at least that was a quasi mad max simulator.

Want to waste time in a mad max/fallout world play Wasteland 2 and hours go by

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
26-08-2015, 04:54 PM
(26-08-2015 04:16 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I believe it is called RAGE and it is not very good. Or at least that was a quasi mad max simulator.

Rage would have been good if it did what it promised it would do. The gunplay and gameplay in general inside hideouts was good, but there was nothing out in the wasteland; no dungeons, not enough hideouts and pretty much nothing new or impressive to face while driving around in your armored car. Instead the game sent you backtracking the same hideouts, sometimes the same way, other times reversing the map. It showed a lack of effort. The racing was either too easy or complete bullshit, and the fun it was wears off after a few since it's the same maps and rules over and over. The story was already lacking and not very engaging, and it might just have one of the worst and least satisfying endings in video game history, atleast for a triple A game with a runtime of atleast 20 hours. I may be cynical, but even for me, it takes a lot to be as dissapointing as Rage was.

26-08-2015, 09:55 PM
Looks interesting. Sort of like a Far Cry Mad Max theme combo thing.
The Just Cause games were rather good though they had the same issue as Far Cry in that it's all open world but the open world aspect doesn't mean anything and it just ends up being more or less the same shit over and over. Go here, kill these guys, activate this tower (or send up a flare by the looks of it in this game) and than go to the next one, rinse and repeat. Fuck you Witcher 3 for ruining video games for me. Particularly open world ones.

At least with Fallout the concept and gameplay is geared towards open world. It's set as a lone guy in an endless wilderness. Games like Far Cry try to be linear and are in their storys and so the gameplay doesn't suit open world.
It's hard to explain.

I suppose though what it comes down too is is the gimmick (in this car car combat. Shadows of Mordors gimmick was the urk ranking system for example) fun enough to make the game good.

My prediction would be. 20 hours. Meh story. Lots of repeatable shit. Fun for a little while. Easy achievements/trophies. Play through once and trade in.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post