Mad Men - A summary by Muffs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Mad Men - A summary by Muffs
40% sex
55% smoking
5% actual plot line/story.

I'm into the third session and it's getting painfully tiring.
Everything is so god damn dragged out, what should take 2minutes takes 20 because you gotta take all that time to have all the characters light up a cigarette and have sex with eachother. (warning: spoiler incoming) And there's no fucking surprises left. We know all his background and everyone relevant knows about it now.
*yawn*

How is this in the 8th session?
Please, someone who's seen this, tell me it gets better, as in.. a lot better...
I'm hoping it's just session 3 that sucks hairy balls.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-04-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: Mad Men - A summary by Muffs
I went in search of a thread about Mad Men. Glad it was from you.

I'm in the middle of season two and io gotta ask, "what makes it so popular?" Obviously I'm still watching it, but from what I heard it was such a great drama. In reality, it just seems like the show must meet quotas for (obviously) product placement, sex, and cigarette smoking.

There's not even any deaths or fight scenes or some ironic Shadow Monster to throw us off. Seriously: I'd take any kinda gimmick.

It borders on boring, with no real interesting story line.

Perhaps that's why it's so popular... The whole show is a gimmick in itself: leave the audience thinking SOMETHING new and exciting will happen.... Next episode.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
16-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Never saw it...

Probably won't.....

Watching people smoking all the time makes me want one.......

And I don't want, to want one....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-04-2015, 08:49 PM
You forgot cocktails muffs

I like it, I'm an avid watcher of the show. But again, I remember when things were really like that...especially the stuff in the first season. But I'm a season behind because I watch it on Netflix.

Plus it's really 7seasons total. The final season was broken into two parts. Each with 7 episodes....same thing they did with Breaking Bad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-04-2015, 10:22 PM
(16-04-2015 02:08 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I went in search of a thread about Mad Men. Glad it was from you.

I'm in the middle of season two and io gotta ask, "what makes it so popular?" Obviously I'm still watching it, but from what I heard it was such a great drama. In reality, it just seems like the show must meet quotas for (obviously) product placement, sex, and cigarette smoking.

There's not even any deaths or fight scenes or some ironic Shadow Monster to throw us off. Seriously: I'd take any kinda gimmick.

Perhaps that's why it's so popular... The whole show is a gimmick in itself: leave the audience thinking SOMETHING new and exciting will happen.... Next episode.

Get out.

18-04-2015, 11:15 PM
What Would Don Draper Do? - TheOatmeal

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-04-2015, 09:55 AM
(18-04-2015 10:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 02:08 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I went in search of a thread about Mad Men. Glad it was from you.

Get out.

Oooh. Something good must've happened.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
19-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Na. Not gonna lie: got a but self conscious there, Muffs = /

19-04-2015, 06:25 PM
(18-04-2015 11:15 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What Would Don Draper Do? - TheOatmeal

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]

This is a 100% accurate depiction of the show.

Quote:Na. Not gonna lie: got a but self conscious there, Muffs = /

I just mean it in the sense of "how can you say such bad things about such a good show, get out". Nothing bad against you, just that you have obvious poor taste in shows if you hate Mad Men. Big Grin

30-04-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't hate it. I agreed with your description, Muffs = D

I am almost to the third season. I'm obviously still watching, I just want it to move forward!

I LOVED your overview. I will watch til the end = )