Made a Fool of Myself Last Night

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2013 10:00 AM by Peanut.)
Made a Fool of Myself Last Night
DISCLAIMER: I am of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.

Felt like I needed to clarify that because I feel as though I will be viewed as a rebellious teenager after last night. Confused

Okay. I had plans to go out Saturday and I had looked forward to it all week. I haven't been out in so long, that the prospect of hanging out with people in the flesh, rather than just chatting with my online buddies sounded amazing. (No offense. I totally love you guys.) But I needed to let loose a bit and unwind from all the of this stuff I've been dealing with for the last almost two months.

This is my day from when I woke up until I passed out again at home:

I woke up at 9:30 am and then got ready for work. I walked to work by 10 am and punched into the time clock by 11 am. I worked until 4:30 pm. I got one break in that shift and I decided to sit down outside for that brief fifteen minutes. I then left work and got home an hour later, at about 5:30 pm. I rushed to get ready to go out, because my ride was going to be there at 6:30 pm. Fast forward to about 9 pm and I had binged two drinks that I had never tried before and then I might have smoked some marijuana that I hadn't smoked in FOUR years. I got a bit caught up in the moment and I do admit to thinking that I could just pick up where I left off before when I was a mega pothead since I was 12 years old. (Don't judge me; I gave it up for various reasons.)

Well, I was warned that I might not be able to handle it, but drunk me was all, "Psssh! I got this!" Yeah... I didn't have it. I ended up sitting on the couch, falling asleep and having that "Oh, SHIT! I'm really stoned right now;That came up quick" feeling. I ended needing to go to the restroom and sure enough, I vomited for who knows how long. I really lost track of the time line from last night after I decided to indulge in my youthful escapades.

I had a female friend there that immediately realized the situation and she took care of me all night. (Again, to me, it was "all night," but it could've been a blurred couple hours.) Although I appreciate her sisterly, "us females must stick together" helpfulness, I am utterly embarrassed that she hadn't seen me in a couple months. In fact, we never even hung out outside of work. (She quit that job we worked together; We are not coworkers any longer.) Eventually, she helped me to our friend's bedroom, and I ended up having to sleep off the woozies in there in the dark. Said female friend even guarded the door as I had made a bit of a mess on my jeans and I needed to, uh... take my pants off. (I warned you I would sound like a damn rookie.) Anyway, nothing happened, don't worry. I was taken care of. (Thankfully I had a good friend there to watch me.)

I was fine at about 1 am. One would never have guessed that I was ever inebriated/stoned out of my mind only a mere few hours earlier. (I'm kinda metal in that sense.)

I really made a fool of myself. It's not like I didn't know the people who were there well, and there was only a handful of guests, but I can't help but think that they will see me as "that girl" at the party. I apologized profusely to my friend who threw the small get together, and he's okay with it. We were even laughing about it a bit last night. I am more, well, awkwardly chuckling along.

Remember that time line of my day? Well, nowhere in there did I stop to EAT FOOD. I can't believe I didn't eat anything before going out. I didn't eat ANYTHING. I know; It's a rookie mistake. I'm sure that in conjunction with the other activity and the fact that pot makes one paranoid, I think I had a bit of an anxiety attack inside of that whole ordeal.

Anyway, I needed to write this out. I think I was trying to indulge a bit too much and show myself that I was "still young" and could let loose just as I always had. But that's not the case. It's not me anymore and I need to continue to chill rather than try to reclaim the "old me." (Even though I wasn't consciously thinking any of this until this morning.)

Maybe I'm writing it out in order to show that people, no matter how great their reputation and their "normal" or usual daily actions, can make a fool of themselves in just one incident. I don't know how I'm going to convince people that that was me acting out and I really don't want to let it happen again. (Yes... I thought about the fact that my female friend could have NOT been there and one can never fully trust others anyway.)

Nobody should ever lose control of their faculties, especially when they could be in a very unwholesome situation.

I'm gonna go find some greasy food. If you're having a tough day or week, feel free to make yourself feel better while reading of my shame-filled evening Drinking Beverage

[Image: Rottenecards_21257211_jxzvf4w8f7.png]

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
28-07-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: Made a Fool of Myself Last Night
late in life, it is not the things we did that we regret, it is the opportunities we missed.
you had a colorful evening.
you'll also know to be a bit more careful next time. I am glad you're okay.

there is a quote that I think might be appropriate here, and speaks to the egocentricity of the general populous:
"You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do." -David Foster Wallace

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes multidaytim's post
28-07-2013, 10:26 AM
My oh my, puking my guts out on an entrance stairway in an alley in the Mission (San Francisco) because I had consumed too much alcohol and was unfamiliar with how strong ganja had become.

I think others have been there and done that. I think you may be bragging.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
28-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Last time I had to look out for someone in a, similar, shall we say, state, he kept telling me (rather insistently) "don't worry, I won't remember this" - as if that somehow made my life easier.

True to his word, he didn't, the next morning. I still did, mind, and I wasn't about to let him forget the couple hours I had to spend on recovery position drunkwatch...

No missing kidney, no new tattoos... Sounds like everything ended up all right!

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
28-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Peanut, peanut, peanut ....
Don't be so hard on yourself. No harm done.
"Faget about it", (in gangsta accent).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh man I remember a time when I had two martinis on an empty stomach and wrote a song about why Harry Potter was an ass hole.

Also remember a time when I was really illegally drunk on dinner wine(was 20), got really stoned in a parked car(first time w/ good stuff) and then wound up getting the spins in a desk chair and vomiting all over a near strangers bathroom in total embarrassment before passing out in it. I cleaned that shit up with my dress shirt and a whole roll of TP at 7:00am (there where no paper towels) and left the place spotless.

Point of the story being if you don't push you limits you will never know what they are...and your not an ass provided you clean up your mess.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
28-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Your grounded Censored

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
28-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm a very conscientious drunk. I made sure to clean what I could and if I wasn't positive I got it all, my lady friend had my back.

I AM proud to say that I made it to the bathroom AND into the toilet Cool

And I agree with the "know your limits" thing. I will pace myself next time and, most importantly, eat some foodz before partaking in any binge drinking Smartass

I accept that I'm grounded. I will not do any more drinking/smoking for a long time. I promise.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
29-07-2013, 07:56 AM
You'll be fine!

At least your friend didn't live in the city, in one of those buildings where you have to be buzzed in, and they want you to smoke outside, and your drunk ass forgets the apartment # & the mofo's name, and you decide to take a nap, then get woke up by the cops because someone called the police on a "homeless" guy passed out in the foyer/entrance way!

I....heard about that happening, once. ...to someone else Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-07-2013, 08:07 AM
(28-07-2013 09:50 AM)Peanut Wrote:  DISCLAIMER: I am of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.

Felt like I needed to clarify that because I feel as though I will be viewed as a rebellious teenager after last night. Confused

Okay. I had plans to go out Saturday and I had looked forward to it all week. I haven't been out in so long, that the prospect of hanging out with people in the flesh, rather than just chatting with my online buddies sounded amazing. (No offense. I totally love you guys.) But I needed to let loose a bit and unwind from all the of this stuff I've been dealing with for the last almost two months.

This is my day from when I woke up until I passed out again at home:

I woke up at 9:30 am and then got ready for work. I walked to work by 10 am and punched into the time clock by 11 am. I worked until 4:30 pm. I got one break in that shift and I decided to sit down outside for that brief fifteen minutes. I then left work and got home an hour later, at about 5:30 pm. I rushed to get ready to go out, because my ride was going to be there at 6:30 pm. Fast forward to about 9 pm and I had binged two drinks that I had never tried before and then I might have smoked some marijuana that I hadn't smoked in FOUR years. I got a bit caught up in the moment and I do admit to thinking that I could just pick up where I left off before when I was a mega pothead since I was 12 years old. (Don't judge me; I gave it up for various reasons.)

Well, I was warned that I might not be able to handle it, but drunk me was all, "Psssh! I got this!" Yeah... I didn't have it. I ended up sitting on the couch, falling asleep and having that "Oh, SHIT! I'm really stoned right now;That came up quick" feeling. I ended needing to go to the restroom and sure enough, I vomited for who knows how long. I really lost track of the time line from last night after I decided to indulge in my youthful escapades.

I had a female friend there that immediately realized the situation and she took care of me all night. (Again, to me, it was "all night," but it could've been a blurred couple hours.) Although I appreciate her sisterly, "us females must stick together" helpfulness, I am utterly embarrassed that she hadn't seen me in a couple months. In fact, we never even hung out outside of work. (She quit that job we worked together; We are not coworkers any longer.) Eventually, she helped me to our friend's bedroom, and I ended up having to sleep off the woozies in there in the dark. Said female friend even guarded the door as I had made a bit of a mess on my jeans and I needed to, uh... take my pants off. (I warned you I would sound like a damn rookie.) Anyway, nothing happened, don't worry. I was taken care of. (Thankfully I had a good friend there to watch me.)

I was fine at about 1 am. One would never have guessed that I was ever inebriated/stoned out of my mind only a mere few hours earlier. (I'm kinda metal in that sense.)

I really made a fool of myself. It's not like I didn't know the people who were there well, and there was only a handful of guests, but I can't help but think that they will see me as "that girl" at the party. I apologized profusely to my friend who threw the small get together, and he's okay with it. We were even laughing about it a bit last night. I am more, well, awkwardly chuckling along.

Remember that time line of my day? Well, nowhere in there did I stop to EAT FOOD. I can't believe I didn't eat anything before going out. I didn't eat ANYTHING. I know; It's a rookie mistake. I'm sure that in conjunction with the other activity and the fact that pot makes one paranoid, I think I had a bit of an anxiety attack inside of that whole ordeal.

Anyway, I needed to write this out. I think I was trying to indulge a bit too much and show myself that I was "still young" and could let loose just as I always had. But that's not the case. It's not me anymore and I need to continue to chill rather than try to reclaim the "old me." (Even though I wasn't consciously thinking any of this until this morning.)

Maybe I'm writing it out in order to show that people, no matter how great their reputation and their "normal" or usual daily actions, can make a fool of themselves in just one incident. I don't know how I'm going to convince people that that was me acting out and I really don't want to let it happen again. (Yes... I thought about the fact that my female friend could have NOT been there and one can never fully trust others anyway.)

Nobody should ever lose control of their faculties, especially when they could be in a very unwholesome situation.

I'm gonna go find some greasy food. If you're having a tough day or week, feel free to make yourself feel better while reading of my shame-filled evening Drinking Beverage

[Image: Rottenecards_21257211_jxzvf4w8f7.png]

Oh you crazy people and your social lives doing crazy, stupid things.

Be glad you have the ability to go to things in order to get like that.

I can't image myself being so foolish.

... but that's cause I'd never get invited. Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.