Made my brain hurt quiz!! try this one smartypants!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2014, 03:55 PM
RE: Made my brain hurt quiz!! try this one smartypants!
(10-04-2014 03:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Dear me.

Between WillHopp and ghostexorcist we've now got two of the eight smartest people on the planet right here in this thread!

... Think we could get Steven Hawking to sign up?

Well, we could always ask him.

Not that physicists and IQ tests have a great record, as it happens. There was, once upon a time in California, a study that was supposed to track high-IQ students. The candidates were filtered and the best scores were admitted to the study. There were, of course, many who were dropped because they didn't score well enough.

Two of those dropped went on to win Nobel prizes in physics.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I got 120 too Blackhand!

I wasn't patient enough to try very hard on a couple Blush

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-04-2014, 04:51 PM
(10-04-2014 03:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Look at the big brains on Will. You a smart motherfucker, Will.

Dear me.

Between WillHopp and ghostexorcist we've now got two of the eight smartest people on the planet right here in this thread!

I wouldn't go that far. Math is not my thing; I would probably fail a basic algebra test. I'm just good at picking up patterns. That's basically all that test was, patterns.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2014, 05:02 PM
(10-04-2014 04:51 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 03:42 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Dear me.

I wouldn't go that far. Math is not my thing; I would probably fail a basic algebra test. I'm just good at picking up patterns. That's basically all that test was, patterns.

I didn't see the patterns on several and only scored 120. Maybe you could tell me what you saw.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-04-2014, 05:04 PM
(10-04-2014 05:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 04:51 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I wouldn't go that far. Math is not my thing; I would probably fail a basic algebra test. I'm just good at picking up patterns. That's basically all that test was, patterns.

I didn't see the patterns on several and only scored 120. Maybe you could tell me what you saw.

You'll have to give me an example.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Yeah, a couple of those I knew there was a pattern, I just didn't take the time to figure it out because it wasn't immediately obvious like some of the other ones. Maybe I'll go back and do it again later to figure them out.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-04-2014, 05:40 PM
160 - Einstein

yeah right Facepalm

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
10-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Okay, upped it to 150. My brain is tired now.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
10-04-2014, 05:46 PM
(10-04-2014 05:04 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 05:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I didn't see the patterns on several and only scored 120. Maybe you could tell me what you saw.

You'll have to give me an example.

[attachment=2062][attachment=2063][attachment=2064][attachment=2065]    

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-04-2014, 05:50 PM
(10-04-2014 05:46 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 05:04 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  You'll have to give me an example.

the square one: All end up filling the whole square, so F
the 3 by 4 with numbers I skipped
the 5, 10, 19: the pattern is the difference of the previous two plus 4, so 95
the other big square with numbers, also skipped, didn't want to do it
skipped the letters thingy too

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post