Made us in his image?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Made us in his image?
In the bible, it says "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them". That is an exact quote, but why would anyone believe that? I know its not meaning that we are god, but we have the likeness of god. Basically saying that we have the same appearance. Now, why would the so called "god almighty" make us so inferior to him but in his image?
As a species we are weak, the only thing we got going for us is our mind and a posable thumbs. if god is so great, and we are supposed to be in his likeness. I think we should of had diamond skin, wings, longer lifespans etc. instead we are conscious decaying flesh bags.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Made us in his image?
Hmmm.

We'd be dragons?

Yup. I like that.

10-08-2014, 04:49 PM
(10-08-2014 04:35 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Hmmm.

We'd be dragons?

Yup. I like that.

Do dragons have opposable thumbs? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2014, 06:42 PM
So this is what God looks like.

[Image: 6589.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Grew up in a Christian family and took this to mean the mind, not the body.
10-08-2014, 07:05 PM
(10-08-2014 06:58 PM)Nasuno Wrote:  Grew up in a Christian family and took this to mean the mind, not the body.

Cool. So why did Adam and Eve need the apple if they already had minds of gods?

I wanna be a diamond-scaled dragon with opposable thumbs.

Angry

10-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Don't ask me, I was living in ignorance at the time making this an example of how the masses explain the inexplicable that is the word of god.

(10-08-2014 07:05 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 06:58 PM)Nasuno Wrote:  Grew up in a Christian family and took this to mean the mind, not the body.

Cool. So why did Adam and Eve need the apple if they already had minds of gods?

I wanna be a diamond-scaled dragon with opposable thumbs.

Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Nasuno's post
10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
(10-08-2014 06:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So this is what God looks like.

[Image: 6589.jpg]

*adjust glasses* well, hellllooooooo god!

Nah, anyways, mmm what was I, oh yes! Well, in the church I was raised in, it was taught literally that god looks like humans. No fancy wings, no Twilight vampire skin, no nothing fancy except that trademark matching beard he has (that matches Jesus' beard, of course). And this is our little picture of proof:

[Image: firstvision.jpg]

So yeah the god of my childhood was pretty damn boring compared to the god you just described. Eh, at least he had that beard. Is it just me or is Jesus just a tad bit more chunky than god? Because he looks just slightly different...oh god...which one of you is god again? Damn your good ol' father-son matchy matchy sense of style...

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
10-08-2014, 07:24 PM
So what race is yahweh then? Because if we are all made in his image but we have different races is god all races, because even then not all will look like him.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-08-2014, 08:30 PM
I had an idea for this months before I stopped believing that by "image" it was god's idea ofus, so dogs are also in god's image and so are those abominations under the ocean.

Easier explaination is not to think about it.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."