Made us in his image?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2014, 05:28 AM
RE: Made us in his image?
(25-08-2014 03:40 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 03:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Allah doesn't look like anything, he is unique and we cannot depict him or even imagine him in anyway

Adulthood, sex, race, color, size, etc. don't apply to him at all

They are not just claims, it can be proved as well

Just a point ( Hello again Muslim! Smile ) but the word you should be using in English for that above sentence/quote then, is 'It', since you are stating that your god is with out discernible shape or form. Not 'He'.

So.... being without anything that would be related to we humans (As you seem to have indicated) why should we care about something we can't understand, let alone visualize?
You don't need to fully understand God or see him to worship him, you just need to know that he exists and know his message to you

Let me give you an example
You are walking on a street and saw a Tank coming towards you
Will you try to avoid being hit by it or will you stand still thinking:

I cannot understand how a tank can come here, so I'll wait
There is no proof that this is actually a Tank or a hologram, so I'll wait
I don't know who is driving this tank, so I'll wait
Maybe it is a conspiracy to remove me from the street, so I'll wait
I don't know who brought it here, so I'll wait
I don't know how a tank can be manufactured, so I'll wait

This is exactly what are you trying to do!

Quote:Also, in regards to your other thread, do we have an accord as to the meaning of 'Proof' yet? I'm looking forwards for dialogue to progress.
Almost there!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2014, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2014 05:47 AM by Peebothuhul.)
(25-08-2014 05:28 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You don't need to fully understand God or see him to worship him, you just need to know that he exists and know his message to you

Ah! Thank you for the reply.

Just a point or two. The word perchance you seek to use iz 'Analogy'..... Not 'Example'.

Secondly...... your 'Example'/'Analogy'... ? It really sucks given its intended purpose.

Even though my country is rather placid ? Suddenly confronting any large vehicle in an unusual place/time/position is STILL within the realm of the possible. Even if said possibility is vanishingly small.

I believe what you are asking/proposing is leagues beyond a randomly strolling piece of heavy equipment though, no?

*EDIT: Also, I do think you example shifts the tone of my question in regards to an un-knowable and unfathomable being beyond the realms of time and space?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
25-08-2014, 05:50 AM
(25-08-2014 05:28 AM)Muslim Wrote:  You don't need to fully understand God or see him to worship him, you just need to know that he exists and know his message to you

Unlike Allah, we can actually see the tank dumbass, we also know that tanks exists and are made by people. Seeing a tank would not break the laws of physics or or in any other way require supernatural intervention. I've already seen tanks on streets before. I can show you a picture of a tank in the street. We have evidence that tanks exists, and can be seen in the streets.

[Image: _58961024_vlcsnap-2012-03-08-17h48m59s126.png]

Where is your picture of Allah in the streets?

You are fucking retarded as hell, shut the fuck up and go away. You're not even trying now...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-08-2014, 05:52 AM
(25-08-2014 05:43 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  

Ah! Thank you for the reply.

Just a point or two. The word perchance you seek to use iz 'Analogy'..... Not 'Example'.
Thanks

Quote:Secondly...... your 'Example'/'Analogy'... ? It really sucks given its intended purpose.
What do you mean?
Many Athiests even agreeing that a creator exists
they say I'll not believe in him, because I don't know how he looks, or Who created him or how he do things, ...............etc.

Quote:Even though my country is rather placid ? Suddenly confronting any large vehicle in an unusual place/time/position is STILL within the realm of the possible. Even if said possibility is vanishingly small.
Do you mean that you will not move Facepalm
25-08-2014, 06:09 AM
(25-08-2014 03:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 07:15 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So Allah looks like a man, Muslim... or Allah is an adult? Can you cite your version more specifically?
Allah doesn't look like anything, he is unique and we cannot depict him or even imagine him in anyway

Adulthood, sex, race, color, size, etc. don't apply to him at all

They are not just claims, it can be proved as well

Bullshit. Prove it. Put up or shut up.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
25-08-2014, 06:11 AM
(23-08-2014 11:17 AM)pablo Wrote:  I love how every theist needs to have interpretations of their 'holy books'. Was god so stupid he couldn't just state plainly what he meant? Every time someone pokes a hole in something written in your books you always say "that's not what it really means".
It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it.

Liked it so much had to make it my signature for awhile. Thumbsup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
25-08-2014, 06:45 AM
(25-08-2014 05:52 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 05:43 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Ah! Thank you for the reply.

Thanks

Quote:Secondly...... your 'Example'/'Analogy'... ? It really sucks given its intended purpose.
What do you mean?
Many Athiests even agreeing that a creator exists
they say I'll not believe in him, because I don't know how he looks, or Who created him or how he do things, ...............etc.

Quote:Even though my country is rather placid ? Suddenly confronting any large vehicle in an unusual place/time/position is STILL within the realm of the possible. Even if said possibility is vanishingly small.
Do you mean that you will not move Facepalm

At work. Answering in phone is difficult and it will be many hours before I can get to a terminal. Will give a longer post then, time and such permitting.

Much cheers to all.
25-08-2014, 07:25 AM
(25-08-2014 05:52 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Many Athiests even agreeing that a creator exists

No, you couldn't be more wrong. By definition, an atheist is one who does not believe in the existence of any gods.

You are a very confused troll.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
25-08-2014, 10:30 AM
(25-08-2014 03:31 AM)Muslim Wrote:  They are not just claims, it can be proved as well
You're very good at making this kind of statement - I see it from you in many threads - but I have yet to see you provide the proof you continually claim to have. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
25-08-2014, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 05:58 AM by Kemasyn.)
If I may, I generally try not to add to redundant threads as I've seen the same info regurgitated over and over and over again.

Might I remind that the burden of proof is yours. You have yet to 'prove' anything and we are not obligated to believe anything you put forth without such proof.

You can offer up all the claims you would like but the obligation is yours to provide burden of proof -- we however have no such obligations.

Maybe I'm misguided, however though, personally I do not have to believe anything anyone or any books says that stakes claims on something that is not proven. Anything in between is up to my discretion.

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
[+] 5 users Like Kemasyn's post