You are walking on a street and saw a Tank coming towards you
Will you try to avoid being hit by it or will you stand still thinking:

I cannot understand how a tank can come here, so I'll wait
There is no proof that this is actually a Tank or a hologram, so I'll wait
I don't know who is driving this tank, so I'll wait
Maybe it is a conspiracy to remove me from the street, so I'll wait
I don't know who brought it here, so I'll wait
I don't know how a tank can be manufactured, so I'll wait

I don't know about anyone else, but I would get out of the way ESPECIALLY if I didn't know what it was. Fight or flight, you know. As for a deity rumbling down the road, I would get out of the way as well. I would have innumerable questions, but at least it had the decency to show itself, lol.

Please visit my blog at whatisatheism.blogspot.com.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2014, 04:54 PM
RE: Made us in his image?
(25-08-2014 05:28 AM)Muslim Wrote:  Let me give you an example
You are walking on a street and saw a Tank coming towards you
Will you try to avoid being hit by it or will you stand still thinking:

I cannot understand how a tank can come here, so I'll wait
There is no proof that this is actually a Tank or a hologram, so I'll wait
I don't know who is driving this tank, so I'll wait
Maybe it is a conspiracy to remove me from the street, so I'll wait
I don't know who brought it here, so I'll wait
I don't know how a tank can be manufactured, so I'll wait

This is exactly what are you trying to do!

This, this is exactly what I am doing.

[Image: tienamin.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Who did god make in his image? The human race is so varient that some people barely look human and other have elven like facial features.

The facial and body structure and what the body will grow and become like is highly dependant on your geographical location + ancestory + current genetic malfunctions

So, Who did he make? does god have half a face like my friend cece or is he super fat like my friend jeff with his gland problems or is he ape like in face like a lot of Super black people?

What color? What hair color?

hm?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
26-08-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm failing to understand the problem here.

The correctly interpreted text is that God created humanity in His own likeness - that is, creating humanity as humanity i.e. humans with similar traits as its creator.

No where does it saw we are an absolute reflection... whether physically or emotionally. All it says is we are created with a likeness to God.

Holy crap... my son can create a "likeness" of a T-rex out of Playdough, but that doesn't make it a Tyrant Lizard King.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-08-2014, 08:26 AM
When I was a kid, I was taught that it is the soul that God created in his own image. And, of course, since we can't see the soul or God, it's yet another claim that can't be verified.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
26-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Which traits are similar, KC?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-08-2014, 09:00 AM
(26-08-2014 08:44 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Which traits are similar, KC?

It depends.

Transparency, please.

Please tell me why you're asking and your intentions behind the question. Sorry... been burned too many times by people trying to "set me up" with seemingly innocuous questions.

I don't mind discussing, there is just a limit as to how far I'll go.

I know you've never burned me before, but your question seemed like a set up... like you had a play in mind... a move you were setting up.

Yeah, I know I'm paranoid and probably overly analytical, but I feel I have reason to be. So, please don't take it personally.

(and wow... I probably just turned an innocent question into a huge ordeal... oh well... besides... y'all created this monster Drinking Beverage amirite?)

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-08-2014, 09:11 AM
(26-08-2014 07:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm failing to understand the problem here.

The correctly interpreted text is that God created humanity in His own likeness - that is, creating humanity as humanity i.e. humans with similar traits as its creator.

No where does it saw we are an absolute reflection... whether physically or emotionally. All it says is we are created with a likeness to God.

Holy crap... my son can create a "likeness" of a T-rex out of Playdough, but that doesn't make it a Tyrant Lizard King.

It's cute how you say "correctly interpreted text". Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2014, 09:14 AM
(26-08-2014 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 07:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm failing to understand the problem here.

It's cute how you say "correctly interpreted text". Dodgy

Well you know an all powerful perfect being could never translate it's thoughts and wishes without the need to be interpreted. I mean it's obviously beyond it's power to be clear and concise.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-08-2014, 09:28 AM
(26-08-2014 09:14 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well you know an all powerful perfect being could never translate it's thoughts and wishes without the need to be interpreted. I mean it's obviously beyond it's power to be clear and concise.
I thought God was quite clear in indicating that we may as well use the bible pages as toilet paper because it's worth about that much.

Wait... then again, the pages aren't nearly as soft as toilet paper so...

You're right, what did God really mean! Gasp

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.