Made us in his image?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Made us in his image?
Ehhh, never mind. Forget I said anything.

Should have known better than to actually go down this path again.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 09:51 AM
I hope god didn't make our nature in his image, because if he did then he is one sick bastard.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
26-08-2014, 09:52 AM
(26-08-2014 09:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ehhh, never mind. Forget I said anything.

Dude, some of us are just genuinely curious as to how you come up with the interpretation you do.

You already know most of us think it doesn't make sense. And you know we accept your subjective personal experience as sufficient for you.

... this is my signature!
26-08-2014, 10:02 AM
(26-08-2014 09:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 09:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ehhh, never mind. Forget I said anything.

Dude, some of us are just genuinely curious as to how you come up with the interpretation you do.

You already know most of us think it doesn't make sense. And you know we accept your subjective personal experience as sufficient for you.

I'm just tired of the BS.

Not putting any effort into it anymore.

Chas has said that comment or something similarly asinine almost every single time I post about religion. I genuinely thinks he thinks he's clever when he posts it, when in reality its drab and stagnant. By then, though, the derp squad has shown up and successfully derped along and have either started to derail or completely derailed any genuine point and/or discussion I had attempted to make.

I used to have patience for it, but I just don't anymore.

There are countless bitchings about all we ever get is trolls and no one ever comes along to have actual discussion anymore... maybe you should start policing yourselves and quit doing this BS when actual discussion is being birthed.

I have more patience than any online theist I know, and I've pretty much had it in regards to actually trying to hold a religious conversation on TTA.

Pretty much deserve to be trolled, IMO.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-08-2014, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 10:51 AM by TheInquisition.)
(26-08-2014 09:14 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's cute how you say "correctly interpreted text". Dodgy

Well you know an all powerful perfect being could never translate it's thoughts and wishes without the need to be interpreted. I mean it's obviously beyond it's power to be clear and concise.

Oh god gave us the correct interpretation all right, we just have to use the Holy Spirit's guidance to discern how to interpret it. How do I know it's the Holy Spirit? The Bible said so!

Excuse me, I have to sit down, I'm getting dizzy from all of this circularity.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-08-2014, 11:04 AM
(26-08-2014 10:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 09:52 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Dude, some of us are just genuinely curious as to how you come up with the interpretation you do.

I'm just tired of the BS.

Chas has said that comment or something similarly asinine almost every single time I post about religion. I genuinely thinks he thinks he's clever when he posts it, when in reality its drab and stagnant. By then, though, the derp squad has shown up and successfully derped along and have either started to derail or completely derailed any genuine point and/or discussion I had attempted to make.

There are countless bitchings about all we ever get is trolls and no one ever comes along to have actual discussion anymore... maybe you should start policing yourselves and quit doing this BS when actual discussion is being birthed.

I have more patience than any online theist I know, and I've pretty much had it in regards to actually trying to hold a religious conversation on TTA.

No, you dimwit, my comment actually has meaning.

You made the assertion that you know the correct interpretation. You don't explain it, you don't justify it, you just assert it.

It's only stale to you because you don't actually think about it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2014, 11:18 AM
(26-08-2014 11:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 10:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm just tired of the BS.

No, you dimwit, my comment actually has meaning.

You made the assertion that you know the correct interpretation. You don't explain it, you don't justify it, you just assert it.

No retard, I've addressed countless times, you're just too stupid to understand it and/or refuse to understand it.

26-08-2014, 11:26 AM
(26-08-2014 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 11:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, you dimwit, my comment actually has meaning.

No retard, I've addressed countless times, you're just too stupid to understand it and/or refuse to understand it.

You don't or can't understand that your assertion of 'correct interpretation' is egotistical, self-serving bullshit. It is your personal belief, not fact.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2014, 11:34 AM
In fact, let's break down your stupidity and expose how truly asinine and petty/worthless you are to a conversation.

(26-08-2014 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's cute how you say "correctly interpreted text". Dodgy

Your implications are that either:

1) I am incorrect in my interpretations
or
2) There are no "correct" interpretations

For both 1 and 2 you are wrong.

1) I'm right (look it up) and 2) I'm right (look it up). That is what the oldest Hebrew documents that we have are in terms of correct interpretation of the Hebrew text.

Now, we delve further into you asserting that we have no "original" text.

1) That was never a claim nor an issue; I only said "correctly interpreted" which means that which has been interpreted that we have.
2) Original text is a non-factor here because that's not what we're talking about; likewise, the oldest available texts we have are used for theology and as the basis for the texts... making the need for an original text moot since our interpretations are based on the oldest texts. The only way they would change is if we found older texts ala Dead Sea Scrolls.

So, old geezer, please explain your actual point... what are you trying to get at? Because I see nothing productive coming from your post besides asininity. Where is your point?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-08-2014, 11:35 AM
(26-08-2014 11:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 11:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No retard, I've addressed countless times, you're just too stupid to understand it and/or refuse to understand it.

You don't or can't understand that your assertion of 'correct interpretation' is egotistical, self-serving bullshit. It is your personal belief, not fact.

No, it's based on the ancient Hebrew language... or is that "bullshit" in the world you live in too?