Made us in his image?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Made us in his image?
I was taught that it is our soul that was created in God's image.
Yup, the non-existent soul looks just like the non-existent god. Seems legit. Thumbsup

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 08:47 PM
So if women are also the "image of god" why are they so devalued in "Abrahamic" religions. Certainly Christians didn't buy that shit, as women for centuries were not able to lead worship. So an "image" of a god can't lead the worship of same god ?

Consider

Facepalm

If horses had gods, their gods would be horses.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-08-2014, 03:22 AM
It's just an example of how humans think they are special in a universe where they are actually incredibly insignificant. Humans love the whole self-importance thing - believing that the world, and the universe itself, begins and ends with our existence, when, in fact, the universe is about 9-10 billion years older than the Earth, and that out of the approximately 4.6 billion years that our planet has existed, modern man has only been around for about 2 million years.

Humans have an obsession with thinking that they are special, which is why creationists think that atheists lead a meaningless, depressing life. It's like, if we don't believe that some invisible man in the sky created the entire universe just for us, then life has lost its meaning. I don't see why it has to be like that. I can understand how somebody would be depressed about accepting that something they have been brought up to believe in is not true, but just because we atheists don't share their beliefs does not make us depressed. Actually, it feels quite good not being held back by the chains of religion. I love the outlook of living my life to the fullest and not having to worry about whether or not I am pleasing some jealous, narcissistic man in the sky - and I much prefer gaining knowledge and learning truth over the option of remaining in ignorance because I want to hold onto beliefs I was indoctrinated with.[/align]

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
11-08-2014, 03:23 AM
(10-08-2014 08:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So if women are also the "image of god" why are they so devalued in "Abrahamic" religions. Certainly Christians didn't buy that shit, as women for centuries were not able to lead worship. So an "image" of a god can't lead the worship of same god ?

Consider

Facepalm

Unicorns! Gasp it all makes sense now Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-08-2014, 06:15 AM
(11-08-2014 03:23 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 08:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So if women are also the "image of god" why are they so devalued in "Abrahamic" religions. Certainly Christians didn't buy that shit, as women for centuries were not able to lead worship. So an "image" of a god can't lead the worship of same god ?

Consider

Facepalm

Unicorns! Gasp it all makes sense now Consider

[Image: PBF253-The_Last_Unicorns.jpg]

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-08-2014, 06:17 AM
god looks like a short, squat, hairy footed hobbit girl? Sweet.
11-08-2014, 06:35 AM
(11-08-2014 06:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  god looks like a short, squat, hairy footed hobbit girl? Sweet.

If you mean a beautiful woman Wink then no Laugh out load I imagine he looks like a mix between William Dafoe, Gary Busey, and Lady Gaga Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-08-2014, 07:24 AM
(11-08-2014 06:35 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 06:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  god looks like a short, squat, hairy footed hobbit girl? Sweet.

If you mean a beautiful woman Wink then no Laugh out load I imagine he looks like a mix between William Dafoe, Gary Busey, and Lady Gaga Tongue

Well your cookies are in the mail! LOL

Morgan Freeman would be god if god was real. Everyone knows this.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
11-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Look, YHWH only created the white, blue-eyed, blond, devout catholic, heterosexual, 'murican (this is very important), (...) male (also very important; women were created in man's image, and so must always be subservient to them) humans in her image. So all the homosexuals, queers, brown people, Muslims, athiesists, pagans, yadda yadda, are right out the window. It's right there in the Bible!

And yes, this is a joke, but I suspect it's also very similar to what some (many?) christians believe.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
11-08-2014, 03:11 PM
(11-08-2014 07:24 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 06:35 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  If you mean a beautiful woman Wink then no Laugh out load I imagine he looks like a mix between William Dafoe, Gary Busey, and Lady Gaga Tongue

Well your cookies are in the mail! LOL

Morgan Freeman would be god if god was real. Everyone knows this.

Gasp Chocolate Chip? Oatmeal? Drooling