Madness!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: Madness!
His only hope is a car crash in which he awakens with most of his memories gone and a new personality.
I've seen it happen on TV.
Let him know that there is hope.

And get him laid before the car crash....you know, just in case.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
(11-07-2012 07:18 AM)Ghost Wrote:  I have to agree, a little sex never hurt a guy... except if he was a praying mantis...

Hey, long.

Fact of the universe #1: All humans are always affected by and agents of ideology.
Fact of the universe #2: All ideologies contain contradictions.
Fact of the universe #3: Hegemony sutures those contradictions and naturalises ideology.

It's not uncommon for someone outside of an ideology to be able to see the contradictions contained within it while those inside of it cannot.

This is simply a mechanism of the human mind. There's nothing magical at work. And it's not limited to religious ideology.

The only way around it is for you, or he, or both of you to deconstruct the ideology through discourse to make those contradictions plain and to create new knowledge for a new ideology; however, as you have already witnessed, the ideology will try to reassert itself when you make the attempt.

It's not about right or wrong, or inaccurate or factual, or sanity or madness, or smart or dumb because these notions are themselves ideological. It's simply about how the human mind functions.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt

With reasoning like that, you'd make a good atheist.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM
(10-07-2012 10:16 PM)aurora Wrote:  You're all such apes! Drinking Beverage
Of course, you silly apette. Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-07-2012, 09:11 AM
(11-07-2012 08:25 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  His only hope is a car crash in which he awakens with most of his memories gone and a new personality.
I've seen it happen on TV.
Let him know that there is hope.

And get him laid before the car crash....you know, just in case.
That's... kinda awesome. Thumbsup

I was just thinking about all them save the world types; always wanna ask them, how many Nicaraguans can sleep in your room? But I speak from experience rather than stereotype; for what it's worth, when I'm volunteering nutbags for the incinerator, it is assumed I get the first ticket. Life may not be what you think it is. What it is, is a "no loss" situation; I cannot help but think of saving the winners rather than the losers, cause there ain't no loss...

And that dang Gwynnies. Cause I'd save that one rather than a whole buncha me. Which is to say, I'm glad my fellow forum denizens covered the words of ethical sympathy. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
He turned down his girlfriend? And what does he want now, a new girlfriend so he can turn her down as well? No wonder he is depressed, the bastard did it to himself. Sorry, he can not be helped, move away from him, he might pull you down as well.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey, Erxomai.

Quote:With reasoning like that, you'd make a good atheist.

I make a far better Agnostic Cool

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
(11-07-2012 09:55 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Erxomai.

I agree. Usually, a fence sitter can see that much farther down the line. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
(11-07-2012 09:55 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Erxomai.

Matt
Yeah, I take it back...with reasoning like that you're still a fence-sitter. Laughat

EDIT: I see that Kim agrees with me Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds like the guy is suffering from blind faith.

Not Blind Faith, which is totally awesome. But blind faith which is totally lazy and stupid. I prefer to put my trust in something that at least feels like it may be okay.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I think some people choose faith because it's right there on the menu. It's all boxed up nicely and they know it's expected to be enjoyable in the end... well, ok... they'll enjoy it after the end.

The freaky thing is to me is when people like this guy who does stuff strictly according to some faith, even when he has a notion that faith may have no viability, whatsoever. I'm tempted to say he gets what he deserves.

Frankly, if that guy doesn't get it together and take his life into his own hands, he might find all he has left at the end is a big pile of regret... and I think for some, regret makes the end come a lot sooner than later.

The guy needs a fresh perspective that he won't find by believing in something outside himself. He's going to have to start at square one and that takes time and work. He's already shown he doesn't want to work, he just wants what's on the menu.

If he's a good friend, tell him he's a dumb ass. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein