Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
(06-10-2015 05:53 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  This is why I opt for No Lynch the first day in a game. Role claiming this early has me concerned.

There is a mandatory lynch on every day phase in this game. If we don't choose someone Tildie will choose at random. Our chances are better if we scumhunt and choose for ourselves. Even if we lynch one of our own we still learn from the flip.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 06:39 PM
(06-10-2015 06:32 PM)Aroura Wrote:  This game already feels like being in a real loony bin. I have no idea what is going on or why.

Also, Hi Guley! I miss you over at AF. Smile Nice to see you here!

Ok, back to the game, um...what was I saying?
Seriously though, every one of you is acting cray cray. I am used to seeing pressure votes, but this looks different somehow. Sad

*leans in close to Aroura and whispers softly* lynch A2, it's the right thing to do, you are one of us now *giggles somewhat manically*

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
06-10-2015, 06:39 PM
(06-10-2015 06:20 PM)Briiae Wrote:  Well that seems pretty scummy to me. Claiming town, talking about how if you were scum, yada yada yada, and then asking someone to role claim.

I'm just stating what I would have tried, if I'd been mafia, since I've seen Kid-C be inactive in a lot of these games!
My biggest fear coming in to this game would have been finding out I was mafia, and having to lie to some real good players! But I'm town, so if &/or when I'm forced to claim I can do so without having to come up with something! If I get lynched it ain't my fault.

(06-10-2015 06:21 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Rev's "role claimed" and I admitted to being Town.

Scum would never claim to be town? Dodgy

(06-10-2015 06:29 PM)Losty Wrote:  Guley will you confirm, were you saying that revsie choosing KidC looked scummy? If so why still vote for KidC?

I type with two fingers so 5 posts go up before I hit the post reply button! Dodgy
1) Only that it's possible. Kid-C was absent in a lot of our previous games so he would have been a juicy, seemingly low risk, target for me if I were scum. But he's been posting today!
2) He's claimed town... but everbody's gonna claim town.

06-10-2015, 06:48 PM
We've so far heard from:
Nishi, Revs, Unbeliever, C.L., Kid-C, Losty, Briiae, Vosur, Aurora, Kitty, and me.

Kitty, Catholic_Lady, and Vosur, didn't have much to say in thier posts.

Ferdi, & Aoi, haven't posted yet?

06-10-2015, 07:27 PM
No guarantee I can get caught up on my 15 minute break.

I will be off work around 9 tonight. Trying to catch up now.

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
06-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Ok...Guley seems to be sideways pointing a finger at Rev for voting for kid C, saying he thinks scum would try and lynch him as he is normally somewhat in active. But...scum don't normally start cotes right off like that, so now I am suspicious of Guley and whoever voted second....i gotta write down all the names and try and keep track of everyone here.

I will be back later with another thought.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
06-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Oh, the person who voted second was Guley...I am so confused....

Guley, why did you jump on a pressure vote when that person is already responding to the pressure vote? I mean, why also vote?

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
(06-10-2015 05:52 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Ok, this game is already crazy. Why roleclaim right away?

I have resigned myself to some absolutely insane play for at least the next few games on this forum, as most of the crowd here have little to no experience with actual Mafia as it is played elsewhere (gagged and so forth).

It is something worth remembering for later, though, but really, the more KC posts, the more I am convinced that we aren't going to find a better target today, because:

(06-10-2015 05:53 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  This is why I opt for No Lynch the first day in a game.

Not lynching is a terrible idea for the town. This has been covered before. KC persists in saying it anyway.

(06-10-2015 05:53 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Role claiming this early has me concerned.

Repeating what has already been pointed out without adding anything of substance.

(06-10-2015 06:02 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I'm Town

Revs math could be rather problematic when you lose a couple with his method.

THIS IS SOMETHING THAT NO TOWN PLAYER SHOULD EVER DO. EVER.

If you are a townie under fire and you are not a vital power role (so you can't claim to save yourself), DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DEFEND YOURSELF BY SAYING "I'M TOWN". THIS IS WORTHLESS TO THE REST OF YOUR TEAM IF THEY DO LYNCH YOU, AND IT TELLS THEM NOTHING THAT THEY CAN USE LATER IF THEY DO.

THE BEST DEFENSE FOR A GENUINE TOWN PLAYER IS ALWAYS TO GO ON THE OFFENSIVE. RESPOND TO PEOPLE POINTING THE FINGER OF SUSPICION AT YOU BY SCUMHUNTING AGGRESSIVELY. THIS MIGHT CONVINCE PEOPLE NOT TO LYNCH YOU, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, IT IS GUARANTEED TO GIVE YOUR TEAM REACTIONS THAT THEY CAN USE LATER.

Put down the shield. Grab a chainsaw and go on a rampage, particularly if it's this early in the game. Do stupid, terrible things just to provoke reactions for analysis later. If you're going to die, the worst thing you can do is sit there like a lump and say "this is really dumb of you guys, I'm town". That is how scum defend themselves.

Bad scum.

I'm really not seeing any reason that KC shouldn't be the one to die today.

And, as a final note, Mafia is balanced around the idea that the town will lynch some of their own. This is expected and acceptable. Townies dying is a thing that happens. What we want is for them to die in ways that tell us something.

That it's specifically KC being lynched today isn't particularly important, except that he is definitively useless and acting very slightly like an inexperienced Mafioso. What's important is that it gets people talking, and lets people start building up ideas of who's on what side.

Is KC Mafia? Possibly. Doesn't really matter, except that he's a slightly better and more expendable target than most. What matters is what the actions of other players tell you about them in the process of getting his head in the noose.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
(06-10-2015 08:37 PM)Aroura Wrote:  so now I am suspicious of Guley and whoever voted second....

That would be me.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
06-10-2015, 08:48 PM
(06-10-2015 08:40 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Oh, the person who voted second was Guley...I am so confused....

Guley, why did you jump on a pressure vote when that person is already responding to the pressure vote? I mean, why also vote?

I thought unbeliever voted second.

Just to add more pressure on kidc to claim more than just townie, which everybody is gonna claim no matter what.