Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
Right. Possibly my last post before the end of the Day, which means that this is quite possibly the killing vote.

Vote: Losty

Reasoning is as follows:

(06-10-2015 04:55 PM)Losty Wrote:  Role claiming on day 1 revsie? Dodgy

While I don't like it, I would agree that we likely have a lot of fancy power roles, hence the name of the game....I've got my eye on you though.

(06-10-2015 05:29 PM)Losty Wrote:  I've seen you play before. I'll lean you town for now, but I've got my eye on you still. Trust no one O_O

(06-10-2015 05:58 PM)Losty Wrote:  It's not about taking sides. It's just about him being right in that a gagged game needs pressure votes so we can gather info about people's reactions to it.

(06-10-2015 06:03 PM)Losty Wrote:  So yea these 4 things don't mean anything for certain but they're definitely something to think about.

(06-10-2015 06:27 PM)Losty Wrote:  It looked to me like he was accusing revsie of being scummy but then he still voted to lynch KidC which is kind of weird.

(06-10-2015 06:39 PM)Losty Wrote:  *leans in close to Aroura and whispers softly* lynch A2, it's the right thing to do, you are one of us now *giggles somewhat manically*

(07-10-2015 09:01 AM)Losty Wrote:  And the message said the cat is not your friend? Ok, I'll go with that.

Vote: Lynch Kitty

(07-10-2015 10:10 AM)Losty Wrote:  It's a lynch wagon for a reason and this is day 1. We have to lynch someone. If more people would post maybe we could actually get some reads.

I haven't seen you interacting at all so it's hard to form a read on you. Just a read list is something at least but not enough to make me lean town or scum.
We don't have a lot of hours left and so many people have given nothing to go on. At least having a vote on someone gets them to talk.

(07-10-2015 11:13 AM)Losty Wrote:  Guley is a difficult read. If he was used to gagged games I would lean him scum, but....I don't know.
I gave rev a "hard time" for role claiming because you're not supposed to do that shit.

Are you saying that your role somehow works together with his?

Kitty if anyone else has done something scummy, point it put for me. I'm not seeing it. We have to lynch someone today.

Bolding mine.

Notice the lack of actual content or committal in any of the above posts. This is a persistent pattern with Losty. She is engaging in what I call echo chamber behavior: she simply repeats suspicions voiced by other playres, but never commits to following up on any of those unless it's for a simple reason that could be easily explained away later.

This is one of the most telling signs of amateur scum.

Scum do not want to draw attention. Scum hate being noticed, whether good or bad. If they appear to be actively helpful town players, the fact that they don't die when Night comes gets suspicious very fast. If they don't post at all, they get murdered for angering the vengeful deity that is the Lynch All Lurkers policy.

So amateur scum often fall back on this tactic. They never voice any opinions of their own, and never commit to any serious actions that might result in the death of an active leader of the town. Losty said that she was rather suspicious of Revenant for role-claiming so early, but rather than place a pressure vote to get an actual reaction out of him, she refused to commit, and instead jumped on his Kitty wagon, saying "yeah, I'll go with that" when he gave an exceptionally weak reason for that vote.

Losty would have us believe that she trusts the word of a second-hand message that may or may not exist and may or may not indicate Mafia alignment, handed down by a player that she has herself admitted is suspicious, enough to potentially kill someone over it. She takes what she actively knows is a stupid reason for a vote because she thinks that no one will notice her jumping on someone else's wagon and doesn't want to draw any attention to herself.

This is absolutely textbook scum.

KC is no longer the best lynch target for today.

As a final couple of notes, NOT POSTING AT ALL IS A NULL TELL. People simply being inactive does not indicate them being scum, particularly in a game with Days as short as this. PEOPLE POSTING NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE AND ECHOING OTHERS' THOUGHTS WITHOUT ADDING ANY OF THEIR OWN IS A SCUM TELL. Don't look for the people who aren't posting, because that could be for any number of reasons and possibly isn't related to the game at all. Look for the people who are posting, but never posting anything of substance.

IT IS ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL TOWN-ALIGNED POWER ROLES WHICH ARE ACTIVELY HARMFUL TO THE TOWN. Even assuming that Revenant's message actually exists, says what he says it does, and that he is town-aligned, there's no indication that it actually means "Kitty is scum" over "Kitty is the Paranoid Gun Owner" or "Kitty is the Miller". And that's assuming that it means anything at all; it is entirely possible that Mathilda just rolled some dice to come up with the message.

Until we know more about the roles in play here, Revenant's supposed message is completely useless to us, and acting on it is pointless unless we are willing to sacrifice a player just to find out if he's telling the truth and is some sort of weird Cop variant.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
07-10-2015, 01:15 PM
I am not sure whether to believe Rev's message, but other than kitty, I don't see if it can mean anyone else. However if I understood Kitty's hint correctly, then I am willing to believe her as town for now.

[Image: 004.sig]
07-10-2015, 01:22 PM
(07-10-2015 01:04 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  IT IS ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL TOWN-ALIGNED POWER ROLES WHICH ARE ACTIVELY HARMFUL TO THE TOWN.

How do you know this?

07-10-2015, 01:26 PM
(07-10-2015 01:22 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 01:04 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  IT IS ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL TOWN-ALIGNED POWER ROLES WHICH ARE ACTIVELY HARMFUL TO THE TOWN.

How do you know this?

I don't know that they are in this game specifically. I was talking about the fact that there are many common and accepted town roles which could have resulted in that message.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
07-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Unvote

Ok with Kitty having posted enough to get a read I am not getting as much of a scummy avoidance vibe off of her. I do agree with Unbeliever that miller/paranoid gun owner etc are as likely from that message as her being scum and with her actions I think that pushes her back to slight town lean. I am not sure on the Losty vote but given what has been outlined and her being a vet of gagged games she does seem to be the most likely candidate at this moment.

Vote: Losty

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-10-2015, 01:33 PM
(07-10-2015 01:26 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 01:22 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  How do you know this?

I don't know that they are in this game specifically. I was talking about the fact that there are many common and accepted town roles which could have resulted in that message.

So you are suggesting there are roles in the wild which can potentially match that message, and thus the message is void, even though those roles might not be in the game?

Though I agree with you that the message is pointless till we can be sure Rev is trustworthy, your reasoning seems confusing.

unvote

07-10-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry I have no time to even defend myself. Day 1 behavior for Losty is always gentle but worse today. Sorry guys.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
07-10-2015, 01:41 PM
View my posts from begining of phase when I wasn't pressed fir time

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
07-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Phase ends in 8 minutes or an hour and 8 minutes?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-10-2015, 01:58 PM
~1 hour as per my sig-clock