Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
Briiae sneaked into the cell and looked around her. She saw a collection of bundles on a table. They were sporks taped up in a sort of L-shape. She held one up and looked at it quizzically. Whatever it was, could this help her? Suddenly from out of nowhere someone screamed and rushed at her.

"Thief! Intruder! Those are mine!"

Two minutes later the person was sitting on top of Briiae's body caressing the sporks and trying to tape them up again. They started looking around themselves frantically. One of them was missing! Then they relaxed and muttered about how silly they were before pulling the missing spork out of Briiae's spinal column.

Briiae was:

Alignment:Town
Role: Kleptomaniac (Thief)
Abilities: You can target one player at night and steal an item to give a hint as to their role.

The person stiffened. Someone was watching them ... A couple of minutes later filled with some squeams, gurgles and bubbling of a viscous liquid, they were dragging the body of TheGulegon through the door into the cell.

"Another one out to get me" they muttered while trying to push both bodies under the bed.

TheGulegon was:

Alignment:Town
Role: Voyeur
Abilities: Can target a player at night and learn what was done to them that night (protection, investigation, etc), but not who did it.

The person looked at the bed, worried that people might notice two pairs of feet sticking out from underneath. Just then there was a knock at her door. Vosur walked in and looked momentarily confused. Before he had a chance to
react he was stabbed in the carotoid artery with a bundle of sporks.

Vosur was:

Alignment:Mafia
Role: Psychiatrist, Vanillariser
Abilities:
  • Can perform a psychiatric evaluation each night on another player. If they are a Serial Killer then they are locked away in a secure unit and lose the game.
  • You can also target a player at night to permanently remove all their night actions through the use of a screwdriver and frontal lobe lobotomy. You can only do this if the person is also sedated with Thorazine the same night by the roleblocker.
  • There is only enough time in the night to perform a psychiatric evaluation for a serial killer or a frontal lobe lobotomy. You cannot do both in the same night.
  • If you attempt a frontal lobe lobotomy on a serial killer then you will die.

Meanwhile in another cell a patient was being drugged and wheeled away in a wheel chair to first have his head shaved, his skull opened up and parts of his rosey coloured cauliflower scooped out to make him a productive member of society again.

Unbeliever was:

Alignment:Independent
Role: Arsonist
Abilities: You are an independent. You win if you are the only person left alive at the end of the game. You have a choice of one of two actions per night. You can either target a player to prime them or you can ignite and kill all the players that you have previously primed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
08-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Start of Day 2:

Please vote who you want to see lynched
08-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Jeebus, gonna need to go through that a couple of times but it seems like we have 1 mafia member and possibly a serial killer (unless Vosur's role text was bluff)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Ok if I am reading the Flavor Text Correctly it would seem Briiae, Vosur, and Guley were killed by the same person (Am guessing Kitty is a paranoid gun own) with Unbeliever being the mafia target kill. Hobo

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Argh.

I was hoping since Unbeliever said my role, and repeated it, that no town would target me. At least one scum did. I expected I would be widely town read since we lynched Losty. I couldn't really say not to target me, because I needed scum to target me, at least one scum died.

I have no confirmation that I am responsible for any of those deaths. But PGO I am.

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
08-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Wow. What a blood bath.

STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!!!!

(flavor only lol)

08-10-2015, 05:37 PM
So that's 2 scum down, and independent. There was a hint to a SK. This is role madness, even though there was an independent, does anyone think there is also a SK?

Game isn't over so I'm assuming at least one more scum.

WHERE IS EVERYONE! WE GOTTA GET IT OF HERE!....don't. touch. my. SPORKS!

08-10-2015, 06:03 PM
(08-10-2015 05:37 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  So that's 2 scum down, and independent. There was a hint to a SK. This is role madness, even though there was an independent, does anyone think there is also a SK?

It's possible there were only 2 mafia and 2 Indies. If that is the case mafia eliminated by day 2. Would work with the game math as well 13 players 9 town 4 scum of the 4 scum 2 are mafia 2 are independants 3 to 1 Town to scum ratio is generally the rule of thumb. We will see how it shakes out from here. The bad thing is most of the people left have not really contributed so far.

08-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Sorry, I'm here.

Jesus h fucing christ, that's the most deaths I've seen in such a short amount of time.

So Kitty probably accidentally killed Briiae...that's my guess from the flavor text there. It also looks like she killed Vosur, so yay for that! And it looks like Vosur performed a kill, as he's looking at a corpse right before he died. For a minute, I hoped we had killed all the mafia, but then I see Unvbeleivers death looks like one of the staff (mafia) did it.

So yeah, there must be a serial killer of some sort who killed Guley. That means, most likely, one SK and one Mafia left, right?

This game is so interesting in flavor, but so quiet! People need to come talk more.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
08-10-2015, 06:09 PM
(08-10-2015 06:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 05:37 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  So that's 2 scum down, and independent. There was a hint to a SK. This is role madness, even though there was an independent, does anyone think there is also a SK?

It's possible there were only 2 mafia and 2 Indies. If that is the case mafia eliminated by day 2. Would work with the game math as well 13 players 9 town 4 scum of the 4 scum 2 are mafia 2 are independants 3 to 1 Town to scum ratio is generally the rule of thumb. We will see how it shakes out from here. The bad thing is most of the people left have not really contributed so far.
Wait...isn't arsonist a kind of serial killer? I'm a bit confused here. Unsurprisingly in a mental ward....

So is it possible there is only one SK left? Or possibly one mafia/staff person left?

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black