Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-10-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
Sorry Kitty, I can only blame PARANOIA for voting for you, temporarily. I think I just freaked out and started doubting all the claims. I could not figure out how a (basically) mod confirmed PGO would make for any kind of balance. Can't night kill you, can't lynch you. I started having flashbacks of your Lost claim, TBH.

But this game is, well, crazy. I was just trying to figure out how the hell all those people died on night one, and it didn't make sense, and thoughts of a possible second SK made me think of you...sporks and all that.
Meh.

It's hard. I'm not offended I'm a nul read. Though really, if I were scum why would I bus Losty and then vanish so I couldn't change my vote on day one when she had no one else suspecting her at that time?? That alone should make it clear I'm town. But still, I get the PARANOIA. Sadcryface

I do think Guley is our best vote for now. We'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

Bed. Now.

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2015, 05:56 AM
I read through everything again, but I still believe Guley over Briiae, here's why
1) In #268, I think he dropped a hint to his role. Which I don't see Briiae doing. Scum don't normally drop hints beforehand because they'll need to claim and improvise on the fly.
2) There was an arsonist, and that lends credence to the firefighter claim. Plus it's a legit role in the wiki.
3) I can't find any role matching Briiae's in the wiki.

As for the SK, I think that reference in Vosur's text was a reference to Unbelieber, the independent arsonist, which is pretty much a play on serial-killer. So I feel it's Briiae, and who I think is a "scum", cause the last kill text is similar to the text on how Vosur killed, which suggests a remaining scum and not a sk.

NOTE: SK or Scum, doesn't matter, but I just don't want to chase after two ghosts, when we should be focusing on one.

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 1 user Likes Aoi Magi's post
11-10-2015, 07:28 AM
I went back and re-read my 2nd role explanation, and it's pretty straight forward. I have no excuse other than it ain't my original role.

If alight is what they've been set then saved will they be, target self you can.

1) Go look at my Voyeur's death text from the night 4 people died! Watcher! Pretty fuckin straight outta the damn wiki, no craziness required.

2) You were calling me scummy back when I was a character that's now been proven town.

3) Revs hears voices telling him that once e'erbody's cured (staff successfully heal patients) the sky's lights 'll get big or some shit.
&
4) You were the first to vote that KITTY be lynched! The one town player you can't get at night! "oh goodness I just don't know... hey lets lynch the night kill proof character Girl_nails "
Blink

I'm keeping my vote on Briiae because, if suicidal townie is true, then I assume she'll automatically off herself if everyone but her votes for her lynch? BUT if not Brii, then I'd vote for you Aurora!

Sure a role might be useless, but when ever have you heard of a role that helps out another faction more than your OWN? WTF would suiciding gain any faction? All I can think is that it'd prove her town before a phase change so another could be lynched instead.... perhaps whoever was most adamant about her lynch? The after death voting is convenient, but suicides leave notes behind so maybe.

Lynch Briiae (she should just off herself?) then lynch Aurora!

11-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Also, if Briiae dies there'll be 4 living townies left, right? If her after death vote is real then 2 living votes for Aurora, and 2 for me can be cast & she can cast hers on me from the great beyond and I still get lynched today!

11-10-2015, 09:08 AM
It makes more sense to vote Briiae over Guley imo so

Lynch Briiae

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-10-2015, 11:03 AM
(11-10-2015 07:28 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I went back and re-read my 2nd role explanation, and it's pretty straight forward. I have no excuse other than it ain't my original role.

If alight is what they've been set then saved will they be, target self you can.

1) Go look at my Voyeur's death text from the night 4 people died! Watcher! Pretty fuckin straight outta the damn wiki, no craziness required.

2) You were calling me scummy back when I was a character that's now been proven town.

3) Revs hears voices telling him that once e'erbody's cured (staff successfully heal patients) the sky's lights 'll get big or some shit.
&
4) You were the first to vote that KITTY be lynched! The one town player you can't get at night! "oh goodness I just don't know... hey lets lynch the night kill proof character Girl_nails "
Blink

I'm keeping my vote on Briiae because, if suicidal townie is true, then I assume she'll automatically off herself if everyone but her votes for her lynch? BUT if not Brii, then I'd vote for you Aurora!

Sure a role might be useless, but when ever have you heard of a role that helps out another faction more than your OWN? WTF would suiciding gain any faction? All I can think is that it'd prove her town before a phase change so another could be lynched instead.... perhaps whoever was most adamant about her lynch? The after death voting is convenient, but suicides leave notes behind so maybe.

Lynch Briiae (she should just off herself?) then lynch Aurora!

This is totally scum just bussing town. I did NOT vote Kitty when Rev said he got that message, I refused to vote for Kitty, and voted for Losty instead...

I did later vote Kitty, but my votes were all over the place (including on Magi, who Rev had confirmed as town) because I explained in a previous post, I became suspicious of everyone, and I started doubting Rev's messages.

Please explain your role, Guley, you said you would, yet you have not.

As to Brii's role not being on the wiki, true, but neither is Rev's role, and everyone beleives him.

You are fools to vote for Brii when Guley has a claim that makes no sense to our game flavor. A normal, sane firefighter as a patient in a mental institution? And he's trying to lynch me? Firefighter would be a staff role, as Magi pointed out.

I have kept Rev alive for 2 nights. I actually have a useful role to town. Guley is clearly, at this point, the scum.

My vote on him stays. It's plurality, so if all you alls want to vote Brii, when she flips green as the exact role she claimed, I think you know who to lynch next....GULEY. nd hey, if I'm wrong and you guys are right about her, then we still win. But I really think you are letting scum logic sway your votes.

~Man in Black
11-10-2015, 11:05 AM
If you guys think Briiae should off herself before the vote, nowhere has she made that claim. Just that she'll die if she get's the most votes Probably at the end of the phase when we lynch whoever wee do lynch.

Why did you not yoda your PM for us Guley, like you keep saying you would? Is it cause it's too obvious you are staff/scum?

~Man in Black
11-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Well, if we are testing weather Briiae dies if she just gets the most votes (before the end of the phase), here you go:

Vote: Lynch Brii

I think that is 4 vote, Me, Guley, rev and Magi. Now let's see if she dies or what.

But I still think we are making a mistake and it's Guley.

~Man in Black
11-10-2015, 11:16 AM
(10-10-2015 08:28 PM)Briiae Wrote:  It also says that even if i commit suicide my vote still counts.

If Briiae is telling the truth here we can get a 2-fer. It's basically either Guley or Briiae at this point so why do the one that leaves us open to another night round when we can get 2 shots at it.

Best strategy I can see is everyone save Aroura and Briiae vote for Briiae and those two vote Guley that way when it flips either way Town wins.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-10-2015, 11:20 AM
(10-10-2015 08:34 PM)Aroura Wrote:  Unvote

Vote Lynch Kitty

I don't think she's sporking all those people to death on accident. HoboWeeping

^^!!

You absolutely did vote for Kitty's lynch, and you were the first person to do so at the time of this posting, if I'm not mistaken! Sombody else check it. Brii followed you!

On the second line of the very post you quoted was my role explanation.

If alight they're set, saved will they be. Target self you can.

If you rearange ^^ and add a few words you got my role explanantion, but I was saying even if I quoted it verbatem, it's not weirdly written/insane sounding, just like the explanation of my Voyeur (Watcher) role when Mathilda showed it to everyone when that role died.