Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-10-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
(13-10-2015 03:26 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  Sorry Rev, I should have believed you. :/

It's fine, I had a weird role and if you are not used to how I play it can be a bit hard to read.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
13-10-2015, 03:28 PM
I'd like to thank the academy. Cool

[+] 6 users Like TheGulegon's post
13-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Thanks Matilda!

I do feel bad Rev. I mean, all in all it was a tie.

You all thought I was scum!!!! Lol I tried to be as town as possible.
Even after the Losty lynch, which is strange.

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
13-10-2015, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 03:39 PM by Mathilda.)
Day 1:

Losty sends this message to Rev

"Tread carefully, the cat is not your friend."

Night 1:

Nishi (Amnesiac cop) investigates Briiae (Kleptomaniac)
Unbeliever (Arsonist) primes Revenant77x (Schizophrenic)
Aroura (Paranoid Doctor) protects Revenant77x (Schizophrenic)
KidC (Multiple User Personality) targets Unbeliever (Arsonist). He rolls a 1 and is told that he is a bus driver for the night. He then decides to swap the places of Unbeliever (Arsonist) and Kitty Galore (Paranoid Gun Owner)
Briiae (Kleptomaniac) tries to steal from Unbeliever (Arsonist) but actually steals from Kitty Galore (Paranoid Gun Owner)
TheGulegon (Voyeur) tries to spy on Unbeliever (Arsonist) but actually spies on Kitty Galore (Paranoid Gun Owner)
Vosur (Psychiatrist) examines Unbeliever (Arsonist) but actually ends up examining Kitty Galore (Paranoid Gun Owner)
Catholic_Lady (Firefighter) tries to use the faction cure on Kitty Galore (Paranoid Gun Owner) but actually cures Unbeliever (Arsonist)

Analysis:

It was looking rather dangerous for Unbeliever (Arsonist). Briiae (Kleptomaniac) would have been given an incriminating clue. TheGulegon (Voyeur) would have been able to substantiate her claim. Not only this but Vosur performed a psychiatric evaluation to determine if Unbeliever was the serial killer which would have removed him from the game.

Luckily for Unbeliever, KidC (Multiple User Personality) targeted him as well. After going to random.org, KidC became a bus driver for the night. I informed KidC by PM and asked him to choose someone to swap with Unbeliever. He chose ... Kitty the Paranoid Gun Owner!

This killed Briiae (Kleptomaniac), TheGulegon (Voyeur), and Vosur (Psychiatrist).

Catholic_Lady performed the faction cure on Kitty which would also have killed her but because Kitty was swapped with Unbeliever, Catholic_Lady ended up surviving and taking out the serial killer.

Night 2:
Nishi (amnesiac cop) investigates Aoi Magi (Insane doctor). Results are sent to Revenant77x
Aroura (Paranoid Doctor) protects Revenant77x (Schizophrenic)

Day 3:

Forwarded message from TheGulegon-2 (Was Catholic_Lady) to Revs

"The sky's lights will shine when all have been cured!"

Night 3:

Aoi Magi (Insane Doctor) protects Kitty Galore (Paranoid Gun Owner)
If Aoi Magi rolls [0:49] she protects, [50:100] she kills. She rolls 46! She saves!
TheGulegon-2 (Firefighter) cures Aoi Magi (Insane doctor)

Day 4:

TheGulegon-2 sent this message to Revs

"Vote for the feline the fire burns out. Vote for the fire the feline gets burned. So too will your friend's vote be ill aimed! But your enemy's will stay true!!"
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
13-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Yes rev, I have more experience with Guley, which is kind of how he got me.

It was really a hard choice, because I believed you the whole game.

Magi was all about lynching me, why did you kill him instead of rev? For framing me? Then you could have used that to lynch me, and mafia wins.

We'll done.

[+] 1 user Likes Kitty Galore's post
13-10-2015, 03:36 PM
(13-10-2015 03:32 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  Yes rev, I have more experience with Guley, which is kind of how he got me.

It was really a hard choice, because I believed you the whole game.

Magi was all about lynching me, why did you kill him instead of rev? For framing me? Then you could have used that to lynch me, and mafia wins.

We'll done.

Honestly Guley not wanting to lynch you is why I thought you were the last scum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Your strategy would have worked Kitty. You attracted one scum to kill you (CL / TheGulegon-2) and she would have died that night. But KidC not only targeted Unbeliever, but then rolled a bus driver role that night and then switched you and Unbeliever. And then he didn't even tell you guys the next day! There was no way I could have predicted that.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
13-10-2015, 03:38 PM
A very special thanks goes to Briiae and TheGulegon for stepping back in again to save the game. Also to Vosur for offering.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
13-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Wow, that was a crazy night. I was wondering why the hell all the town targeted me. LOL

[+] 1 user Likes Kitty Galore's post
13-10-2015, 03:44 PM
(13-10-2015 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 03:26 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  Sorry Rev, I should have believed you. :/

It's fine, I had a weird role and if you are not used to how I play it can be a bit hard to read.

I had to add some custom roles because there just weren't that many insane roles in the wiki, although far, far more than I expected. So by adding custom roles it was plausible for scum to come up with their own ones.

Guley did speculate on whether there was a role that could switch alignment and I did actually write one but decided not to use it because it would have been too difficult for the player to know how to win.

Alignment:Town
Role: Intermittent Explosive Disorder
Abilities: You are town on odd nights, scum on even nights. You do not know who the other Mafia are. If you die before the game ends then your final win condition depends on whether you were lynched or assassinated on an even or odd day / night. Results of investigations will be determined by whether you were investigated on an odd or even night.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post