Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
(06-10-2015 03:19 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 03:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There a reason for this vote or is it just random?

Well as I said I think we might as well have more than one on the block it seems that could get more info, right?

I picked you because you threw in the kid. . . seemed fair to me.

But by all means enlighten me if it's a bad idea to have more than one up for beheading.

Also on a side note:
Don't people try to incorporate the setting into the game? Seems to be more fun and engaging that way. I don't really see the benefit of a theme if we don't
*He once more mutters to himself*
Where the pocket mouse?

Ok, well I can explain why I chose as I did (mostly the reasons I already stated) Kid C tends to not be very chatty in mafia games. In an ungagged game that is not a bad thing per say in a game with this set up it is potentially game losing. Now I do not know this for certain but I am guessing there are far less vanilla roles in this game than in the last because I got a low tiered role, at least if I am understanding the role correctly. I am a town aligned Schizophrenic and what that means is I hear the Voice of Mod in my head and can get messages during the day phase, which seemed to be a flavored up Town Gossip role.

Now I am ok role claiming because it is not an especially powerful role so if mafia wants to target me for it meh least they miss hitting the Doctor or cop.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Too late to join? Smile

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
06-10-2015, 03:43 PM
(06-10-2015 03:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 03:19 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well as I said I think we might as well have more than one on the block it seems that could get more info, right?

But by all means enlighten me if it's a bad idea to have more than one up for beheading.

Also on a side note:
Don't people try to incorporate the setting into the game? Seems to be more fun and engaging that way. I don't really see the benefit of a theme if we don't
Where the pocket mouse?

Ok, well I can explain why I chose as I did (mostly the reasons I already stated) Kid C tends to not be very chatty in mafia games. In an ungagged game that is not a bad thing per say in a game with this set up it is potentially game losing. Now I do not know this for certain but I am guessing there are far less vanilla roles in this game than in the last because I got a low tiered role, at least if I am understanding the role correctly. I am a town aligned Schizophrenic and what that means is I hear the Voice of Mod in my head and can get messages during the day phase, which seemed to be a flavored up Town Gossip role.

Now I am ok role claiming because it is not an especially powerful role so if mafia wants to target me for it meh least they miss hitting the Doctor or cop.
I see. Well that will have to go somewhere in my brain to be processed.
06-10-2015, 03:47 PM
(06-10-2015 03:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 03:19 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Well as I said I think we might as well have more than one on the block it seems that could get more info, right?

Also on a side note:
Where the pocket mouse?

So I have never played on this forum so maybe ya'll do it differently over here, but isn't it normally SCUM behavior to role claim right away?
06-10-2015, 03:52 PM
(06-10-2015 03:40 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  Too late to join? Smile

I actually sent your role by PM on AF because I wasn't sure that you would check TTA in time. I will resend it again here. I included your name when randomising the roles.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
06-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(06-10-2015 03:52 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 03:40 PM)Kitty Galore Wrote:  Too late to join? Smile

I actually sent your role by PM on AF because I wasn't sure that you would check TTA in time. I will resend it again here. I included your name when randomising the roles.

Yay!

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
06-10-2015, 04:30 PM
(06-10-2015 03:47 PM)Briiae Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 03:36 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok, well I can explain why I chose as I did (mostly the reasons I already stated) Kid C tends to not be very chatty in mafia games. In an ungagged game that is not a bad thing per say in a game with this set up it is potentially game losing. Now I do not know this for certain but I am guessing there are far less vanilla roles in this game than in the last because I got a low tiered role, at least if I am understanding the role correctly. I am a town aligned Schizophrenic and what that means is I hear the Voice of Mod in my head and can get messages during the day phase, which seemed to be a flavored up Town Gossip role.

So I have never played on this forum so maybe ya'll do it differently over here, but isn't it normally SCUM behavior to role claim right away?

From what I have seen we tend to be more open to role claims here, mostly because we tend to have more roles and few if any vanillas.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-10-2015, 04:44 PM
(06-10-2015 03:47 PM)Briiae Wrote:  So I have never played on this forum so maybe ya'll do it differently over here, but isn't it normally SCUM behavior to role claim right away?

Depends on the role and the situation. It is a suspiciously unimportant role, though.

I'm keeping my vote on KC for now, though, because this is about getting as much information as possible at the moment rather than attempting to lynch scum right off the bat. It's unlikely - not impossible, but unlikely - that they'd do something like that right at the beginning, and there's always the opportunity for a further grilling later.

If Revenant is right about KC's lack of activity - which he seems to be - there won't be any information coming out of him later. A slightly suspicious, living, talking Revenant gives us more information than a completely inactive, living, not-talking KC.

If anyone's getting extremely intensive electroshock therapy, it may as well be a lurker.

AND THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF YOU CRAZIES AS WELL. Stop with the cute flavor posts and start grilling. We're on a deadline here, and playing with yourselves when you could be scumhunting doesn't help.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
06-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Thanks for clearing that up!
06-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Role claiming on day 1 revsie? Dodgy

While I don't like it, I would agree that we likely have a lot of fancy power roles, hence the name of the game....I've got my eye on you though.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.