Mafia #42: Role madness

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Mafia #42: Role madness
(06-10-2015 04:55 PM)Losty Wrote:  Role claiming on day 1 revsie? Dodgy

While I don't like it, I would agree that we likely have a lot of fancy power roles, hence the name of the game....I've got my eye on you though.

There is a method to my madness. I don't mind dying for my country as it were. So if I am killed I will flip green and confirmed that gives some info the rest of you inmates can fish for. If a minor scrub role was included I would doubt there are more than 1-2 and possibly no vanilla roles and given the flavor change in the title that is one more line of pressure you can apply to a potential mafia as they cannot just randomly name a standard role they have to adjust for flavor as well.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 05:29 PM
I've seen you play before. I'll lean you town for now, but I've got my eye on you still. Trust no one O_O

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Day phase is 24 hours and we need don't just need to lynch someone. We need to be talking so we can try to form real reads and gain information from the flip.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-10-2015, 05:47 PM
I still say you are wrong siding with Revs here.

This is the first game of this type I have been in so his ability to forecast my behavior is a little suspect.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Ok, this game is already crazy. Why roleclaim right away? Yes, I read teh explanation, still seems really weird. One never knows how important even a minor role can become when combined with info from other roles, or even just by itself.

I don't even know half of you, so I guess I'm in a wait and see mode here. So far I see some seriously confusing game play.....

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
06-10-2015, 05:53 PM
(06-10-2015 05:45 PM)Losty Wrote:  Day phase is 24 hours and we need don't just need to lynch someone. We need to be talking so we can try to form real reads and gain information from the flip.

Agreed I have stated my wherefores and whys about my lynch vote to get KidC to open up a bit. Get people talking so we have banter to dissect.

(06-10-2015 05:47 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I still say you are wrong siding with Revs here.

This is the first game of this type I have been in so his ability to forecast my behavior is a little suspect.

Well, prove me wrong and expound a bit, give the masses something to chew on. The lifeblood of a gagged game is the interaction in thread without it there is no game.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-10-2015, 05:53 PM
This is why I opt for No Lynch the first day in a game. Role claiming this early has me concerned.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-10-2015, 05:54 PM
(06-10-2015 03:05 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  It seems to me it might be more effective to have a few people battling it out?

Here's Johny! Evil_monster
[Image: here__s_johnny__s_opinion_by_lonelyruler...3c6k9a.jpg]

(06-10-2015 04:55 PM)Losty Wrote:  Role claiming on day 1 revsie? Dodgy

While I don't like it, I would agree that we likely have a lot of fancy power roles, hence the name of the game....I've got my eye on you though.

Now I agree with Unbeliever that a dead player who isn't going to show up anyway is better than a dead player who's actively scum hunting,... butt.......

It just feels weird that earlier today, before I knew I was town, I had a thought that if it turned out I was scum (& kid-C wasn't scum along side me), Kid-C would be a great town target for me and my potential scum friend/s (either as an early lynch, or a night kill), precisly because he isn't usually very active! Just a thought.

Kid-C
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will say something, but I think you might want to role claim to get out of this! Because I haven't seen anyone take their vote off of you despite your having posted twice, already.
I'm open to changing my vote, Kid! You just gotta show up, and tell us how it is!

Vote: Lynch Kid-C

06-10-2015, 05:58 PM
(06-10-2015 05:47 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I still say you are wrong siding with Revs here.

It's not about taking sides. It's just about him being right in that a gagged game needs pressure votes so we can gather info about people's reactions to it.

06-10-2015, 06:02 PM
I'm Town

Revs math could be rather problematic when you lose a couple with his method.

David Hume