Mafia Game Ideas Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Mafia Game Ideas Thread
The Attack on Titan Mafia Game?
(09-11-2014 03:48 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What about a Mafia game based on French Art house cinema? Everyone sits around in a cafe drinking coffee and talking all day about sex. The Mafia are the ones who own a wrapped knob of butter.
Nah. In order to properly simulate New Wave we'd need to cut the day/night cycle down to once an hour to simulate a montage and end the game with no winner and half the players completely unharmed.

While most of the rest would be completely untenable.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
09-11-2014, 07:02 PM
(09-11-2014 04:27 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  The Attack on Titan Mafia Game?

If you do this, I call co-host

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
09-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Doctor who!!!!

I really want to host it, but I need help rounding out the power factions so it's a nice balanced game, and someone to help change phases. Unless folks are ok with 24hr phases, cause I'd love to try it on my own too Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Youtube Sensations would be fun.

Career themed

Animal themed

Televangelists
09-11-2014, 10:27 PM
I'm working on three game atm but (other than the one already listed in the Waiting List thread) I'm keeping them under wraps for now.

One thing I am gonna do in my future games though after I was criticised in my last game for showing discretion to rule-breakers, and DL was criticised for not showing discretion to rule-breakers, is make clear from the start that minor/inadvertent rule-breakers will lose their night actions and/or voting abilities for as long as I deem appropriate whilst major/intentional rule-breakers will be killed.

What does anyone think of that?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Stupid.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-11-2014, 10:54 PM
(09-11-2014 10:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Stupid.

You think most good ideas are stupid, so I take that as a compliment. Yes

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
09-11-2014, 11:05 PM
(09-11-2014 07:02 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 04:27 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  The Attack on Titan Mafia Game?

If you do this, I call co-host
How'd it work though? Off the top of my head the Mafia Scum would save up their assassination attempts until one of them is the target for lynching. Then they Ettin-ify themselves and start stomping on their previously chosen targets.

Also: You seem a fan. You played the fan-game?

(09-11-2014 08:49 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Youtube Sensations would be fun.
That is a terrible amazing idea that I want to play right now. (Dibs on Fred or the Chocolate Rain Kid.)
(09-11-2014 10:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm working on three game atm but (other than the one already listed in the Waiting List thread) I'm keeping them under wraps for now.

One thing I am gonna do in my future games though after I was criticised in my last game for showing discretion to rule-breakers, and DL was criticised for not showing discretion to rule-breakers, is make clear from the start that minor/inadvertent rule-breakers will lose their night actions and/or voting abilities for as long as I deem appropriate whilst major/intentional rule-breakers will be killed.

I don't have a problem with it. Though I also don't have a problem with just dropping people outright so...

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
09-11-2014, 11:25 PM
AW: RE: Mafia Game Ideas Thread
(09-11-2014 10:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm working on three game atm but (other than the one already listed in the Waiting List thread) I'm keeping them under wraps for now.

Here's a better idea: Make a poll in every Mafia thread, asking people if they have read and understood the rules in the OP. Once everyone has voted "Yes," the game can begin. That way, nobody is without excuse and anyone who breaks the rules can get fucked.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
09-11-2014, 11:54 PM
(09-11-2014 11:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Here's a better idea: Make a poll in every Mafia thread, asking people if they have read and understood the rules in the OP. Once everyone has voted "Yes," the game can begin. That way, nobody is without excuse and anyone who breaks the rules can get fucked.

Meh. There is some fun in the random shenanigans of breaking the rules. Life isn't as predictable, why should mafia be?