Mafia Game Ideas Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 03:46 AM
RE: Mafia Game Ideas Thread
(09-11-2014 07:04 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Doctor who!!!!

I really want to host it, but I need help rounding out the power factions so it's a nice balanced game, and someone to help change phases. Unless folks are ok with 24hr phases, cause I'd love to try it on my own too Big Grin

Someone suggested Doctor Who on another forum I tried introducing the Mafia game to (most of them didn't grasp how to play it). The problem is that there are so few characters alive at any one time so you would have to pick really obscure characters, although that might not be a problem.

On the other hand the doctors can cross into each other's time stream so you could have 13 doctors and 3 or 4 masters or something more sensible like maybe just a few doctors and their companions.

If you want I'd be up for helping you with it. I live in Europe so time zones are different.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 04:50 AM
Quote:most of them didn't grasp how to play it

You gotta get them to play it a couple times for them to understand it.
Trust me, these cunts were useless as tits on a bull first couple games they played. They did not fully get it at all.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
God's not dead?

Sex in the city 2?
10-11-2014, 04:55 PM
(10-11-2014 03:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 07:04 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Doctor who!!!!

I really want to host it, but I need help rounding out the power factions so it's a nice balanced game, and someone to help change phases. Unless folks are ok with 24hr phases, cause I'd love to try it on my own too Big Grin

Someone suggested Doctor Who on another forum I tried introducing the Mafia game to (most of them didn't grasp how to play it). The problem is that there are so few characters alive at any one time so you would have to pick really obscure characters, although that might not be a problem.

On the other hand the doctors can cross into each other's time stream so you could have 13 doctors and 3 or 4 masters or something more sensible like maybe just a few doctors and their companions.

If you want I'd be up for helping you with it. I live in Europe so time zones are different.

When I started creating roles, I decided not to worry about all of the characters being alive and in the same time and space. That would have been way too much to ask for Laugh out load I just started picking my favorite good guys & bad guys, and matching them up with whatever roles seemed to suit them.

I started to notice a real imbalance in power, and did some tweaking here and there to balance it out a bit, but I've still got a few holes.

I may just take you up on your offer! I'll keep you posted, and thanks!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Can we just play the classic Mafia like the very first one?
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
10-11-2014, 06:32 PM
(09-11-2014 11:05 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 07:02 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  If you do this, I call co-host
How'd it work though? Off the top of my head the Mafia Scum would save up their assassination attempts until one of them is the target for lynching. Then they Ettin-ify themselves and start stomping on their previously chosen targets.

Also: You seem a fan. You played the fan-game?

PM me and we can discuss mechanics.

The fan game I liked but my PC isn't the best sadly.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
12-11-2014, 10:57 AM
(10-11-2014 05:03 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Can we just play the classic Mafia like the very first one?

Games based on things are fine, but just a classic mafia game might be nice and without defined (known) characters the role play might come out more. People can pick their own character that best fits the role they're given.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-11-2014, 10:05 AM
(10-11-2014 05:03 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Can we just play the classic Mafia like the very first one?

No, fuck you.

Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-11-2014, 03:10 PM

Lol Magoo

[Image: oscar.png]
13-11-2014, 10:24 PM
We need a WWII themed one, hosted by muffs. The racial and political insensitivity enough would make the game funny. Make it happen.

Also someone should do an It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia one. I would do it, but there are too many other one's I want to do first and I keep pushing it back.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post