Mafia Game Waiting List

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-09-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Mafia Game Waiting List
(30-09-2015 02:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  Thing is, that's really my problem to deal with... so rather run the game the way you think is best - last game foundered on people not being interested enough, so maybe better to try shorter periods to make it more exciting.

I'm still of the opinion that shorter phases will do the opposite of that. Making the game more hectic heavily, heavily favors the scum, and makes it very difficult for non-power townies to get anything done during the Day phase. Hell, it isn't even particularly enjoyable for the scum, as they don't have the time to get manipulative and feel satisfied at some bamboozlin' well done. It just tends to favor them because there isn't enough information for anyone to go on.

I would much prefer at least forty-eight hour phases, but I can still play in twenty-four. I tend to be here a lot anyway.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
30-09-2015, 04:36 PM
If it's Tildie's game I'm in. Whatever the phases whatever the rules. I'm in. Heart

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
30-09-2015, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 04:47 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Oh I would love to play Battlestar...but really don't have enough extra time.

I'll be reading tho. Smile.

Also removed unbeliever and added Tillda so she can edit and open or close the thread as needed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-09-2015, 05:41 PM
(30-09-2015 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh I would love to play Battlestar...but really don't have enough extra time.

Also removed unbeliever and added Tillda so she can edit and open or close the thread as needed.

M-my rainbows though ;-;

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
30-09-2015, 07:39 PM
(30-09-2015 02:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 11:14 PM)Aroura Wrote:  I really need to apologize for my behavior in that last game. I had just started a game over at AF ...

Meanwhile over at AF Tarty is apologising for ruining a game because he was distracted by the game running on TTA!

(29-09-2015 11:14 PM)Aroura Wrote:  That in itself wouldn't have done me in, but I was town, and I got put in a masons group with another townie, ANd one scum! The scum knew everything about us, and we about him. Our win conditions were somewhat tied together as well, but ours was also still tied to town, and his to scum. It made for an extremely tense game that basically took up all my free gaming time, and honestly made me a bit cranky, too. That was the hardest role I've ever gotten.

What kind of an evil twisted mod would think up something like that?? I hope they never run a game here!

I actually have two games ready. Battlestar Galactica requires a lot of players and considering that Mafia has just made a comeback on this forum I am thinking that I should swap it for a new game I have just written set in a mental asylum. That game is more straight forward. I try to use standard roles where possible and the game will be gagged with plurality voting and 24 hour phases.

How does this weekend sound to everyone?
I would love to play that game. Smile

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 2 users Like Aroura's post
30-09-2015, 07:44 PM
(30-09-2015 05:41 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh I would love to play Battlestar...but really don't have enough extra time.

M-my rainbows though ;-;

That had nothing to do with it. I swear.

It's a glitch that's been happening to a bunch of people and keeping me busier than usual. Most of the time it goes back to normal on its own.

I keep sort of hoping that it'll change my permissions and then I can take a vacation.

02-10-2015, 03:47 AM
Well I have the mental asylum game all figured out now so I shall create a thread tonight where you can all sign up if you want to play.

Town are the patients, staff are the Mafia!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Posted!

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...le-madness

(Sorry but the Roman numerals were doing my head in)
02-10-2015, 01:13 PM
(02-10-2015 03:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Well I have the mental asylum game all figured out now so I shall create a thread tonight where you can all sign up if you want to play.

Town are the patients, staff are the Mafia!

Omg that looks like fun!!!!

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Seems the last game has finished I'm cutting in line (because you'll cut in line infront of me) and I got dibs on next game.