Mafia Game Waiting List

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-02-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Mafia Game Waiting List
(15-02-2014 12:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 01:01 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I think I'm going to do Thirteen Ghosts the 2001 version Big Grin
It didn't get great reviews but I loved it haha

What do you guys think about this? Or should I do something else?

Do whatever you want to do, as long as you're sure you can make a game out of it.

I chose Borderlands because it's my favorite game, and soon I'll be making a game for the sequel.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 03:45 AM
(15-02-2014 12:30 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 12:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  What do you guys think about this? Or should I do something else?

Do whatever you want to do, as long as you're sure you can make a game out of it.

I chose Borderlands because it's my favorite game, and soon I'll be making a game for the sequel.

All you need to be able to make a game is enough characters right?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-02-2014, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 07:08 AM by Dark Light.)
You need enough diverse characters - Enough Good Guys, Bad Guys, and maybe an outsider or two. You need enough players to participate - an unpopular theme makes it tough to get enough players. You need the ability to balance mafia and townies. Numbers along don't tell you if it's balanced. Roles play just as big a part in determining if a game is balanced. You need a moderator who is familiar with how things should be settled in the event of action conflicts - this is something you get better at the more you moderate. You need an impartial moderator. You would think the title 'moderator' would already make that a no-brainer. You need a moderator who can give the time and due diligence to host a game. Paying attention and keeping track of all the actions and their consequences can be a daunting task. Moderating can be a bitch, so praise a moderator who does an equatable and thorough job, even if the game didn't go as you'd hoped.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
15-02-2014, 04:45 AM
(15-02-2014 04:01 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You need enough diverse characters - Enough Good Guys, Bad Guys, and maybe an outsider or two. You need enough players to participate - an unpopular theme makes it tough to get enough players. You need the ability to balance mafia and townies. Numbers along don't tell you if it's balanced. Roles play just as big a part in determining if a game is balanced. You need a moderator is is familiar with how things should be settled in the event of action conflicts - this is something you get better at the more you moderate. You need an impartial moderator. You would think the title 'moderator' would already make that a no-brainer. You need a moderator who can give the time and due diligence to host a game. Paying attention and keeping track of all the actions and their consequences can be a daunting task. Moderating can be a bitch, so praise a moderator who does an equatable and thorough job, even if the game didn't go as you'd hoped.
Luckily I have some time Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-02-2014, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2014 06:59 AM by DeepThought.)
I'm looking at making a game based on Body Snatchers. Since lately mafia has been getting their asses kicked (at least when townies aren't playing totally retarded like last game Dodgy ) I've been looking at ways to rebalance it a bit, make it harder for townies.

In Body Snatchers aliens are trying to take over by replacing people with clones. So aliens will be mafia. I will provide a list of characters and roles for the townies and mafia will be 3 out of that list of townies and no-one will know who except the aliens themselves.

I'll probably change the theme but the general concept of the game will remain.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
15-02-2014, 06:50 AM
(15-02-2014 06:49 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I'm looking at making a game based on bodysnatchers. Since lately mafia has been getting their asses kicked (at least when townies aren't playing totally retarded like last game Dodgy ) I've been looking at ways to rebalance it a bit, make it harder for townies.

In bodysnatchers aliens are trying to take over by replacing people with clones. So aliens will be mafia. I will provide a list of characters and roles for the townies and mafia will be 3 out of that list of townies and no-one will know who except the aliens themselves.

You want me to add you to the list?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-02-2014, 02:52 PM
(14-02-2014 07:20 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 07:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes he is.
Just wait till Tuesday.

Eeeaaarrrmuffffs!!!! That is three days away. Sad

He also didn't say which Tuesday. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-02-2014, 03:29 PM
(15-02-2014 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 07:20 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Eeeaaarrrmuffffs!!!! That is three days away. Sad

He also didn't say which Tuesday. Dodgy

Censored

Fuckin' earmuffs.
15-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Ok I am going to do Harry Potter, Hughsie, if you want to put that in instead of ??? for me.

15-02-2014, 03:38 PM
(15-02-2014 03:29 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He also didn't say which Tuesday. Dodgy

Censored

Fuckin' earmuffs.

Yes

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces