Mafia X - Futurama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Mafia X - Futurama
(14-08-2013 11:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 11:24 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  A 24-hour long phase is too long of a phase. By the end of Night 1, everyone knew who was who, and it took away from the tentative and cautious mystery the game is supposed to have; you're not supposed to get roles down on Day/Night 1. You shouldn't know who everyone is, or at least have an idea of who everyone is, until mid/late-game.

I could be wrong, but didn't some people just take too long sending in their night actions?

Messaging Bucky, he didn't know what the fuck was going on or what exactly he was supposed to do. Regardless, a phase shouldn't be allowed to go on for 24 hours, because by the end of it, everyone knows a majority of everyone else's roles and the fun of the game is destroyed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Should I get my game moved to the section now?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 11:46 AM
(14-08-2013 11:44 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Should I get my game moved to the section now?

Nah, give it to 'Muffsy and let him play with himself. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2013, 11:46 AM
(14-08-2013 11:36 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 11:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You obviously can't do math then.

No, you are not the fucking moderator and you don't know everything you twat, fuck off. Also, you make a lot of baseless presumptions during your calculations you little dicked fucking moron. Presumptions that were wrong. In doing so you ruined a game that 12 other people were playing and that I put a lot of time in effort into so fuck you.

Hey, I just forfeited for myself, I didn't forfeit for anyone else.
And I haven't said anything that isn't already known by everyone else anyway.

It's simple, everyone knows everyone's roles, as such it's a numbers game.
The mafia/cult no longer have the numbers and can't win whether I forfeit or not.

I'm not wasting my time when I know there's no chance of anything besides a townie victory. Just declare them victory and save everyone some time.

It was a mistake to declare what characters were in the game, everything else IMO was just fine. But you need to not know characters because you need to be able to lie to people. You can't lie when you know exactly what characters are in the game.
ie: I could have claimed to be leela's asian father. That's a pretty minor character in the show and could be suspicious but it could also be in the game etc.. see what I mean?
It's fine, you weren't to know the results of that, you live you learn.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
14-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Maybe kick the restart button and send out new roles? No point in all of DLs work going down the drain.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
14-08-2013, 11:47 AM
And I don't mean to make you mad or disrespect you, Dark Light. These are just elements that led to imbalance the game and in the end, there was no point in trying when the Townies have the majority vote and surefire win.

I'm sorry. Undecided
14-08-2013, 11:49 AM
(14-08-2013 11:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 11:44 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Should I get my game moved to the section now?

Nah, give it to 'Muffsy and let him play with himself. Dodgy

But I've spent SO MUCH time on it! And I was looking forward to hosting!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 11:51 AM
(14-08-2013 11:47 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  And I don't mean to make you mad or disrespect you, Dark Light. These are just elements that led to imbalance the game and in the end, there was no point in trying when the Townies have the majority vote and surefire win.

I'm sorry. Undecided

The townies have to start with the majority or they can't win.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-08-2013, 11:57 AM
(14-08-2013 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 11:47 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  And I don't mean to make you mad or disrespect you, Dark Light. These are just elements that led to imbalance the game and in the end, there was no point in trying when the Townies have the majority vote and surefire win.

I'm sorry. Undecided

But keep in mind how under-powered the Mafia started out; The Godfather being a mole and Clamps having a chance to survive a lynch. The Mafia didn't even have a some form of investigative role or a roleblocker. They had nothing but a mole and 50% chance survival of one member. The Townies had more of an advantage because they all go together during that 24 hour phase to figure out each other were. Oh, and the cult leader hardly knew how to play the game.
14-08-2013, 11:59 AM
(14-08-2013 11:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I'm sorry. Undecided

But so much time passed that the townies all figured out who the other townies were.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon