Mafia X - Futurama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Mafia X - Futurama
(14-08-2013 12:17 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I'm kinda tempted to write up a little PHP app that manages the whole thing, sends out auto reminders, keeps track of when phases end, shows the lynch tally, manages roles, displays a graveyard, etc....would probably take me a couple of nights to do it and everyone would register to receive a roll and submit actions/votes.

...but somehow I feel like it might end up getting about as much use and my binary decoder bookmarklet....ungrateful bastards....

Already have that at my disposal, buts its a moderator tool. Helps me keep track of you guys, and it sends email alerts to me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 12:22 PM
(14-08-2013 12:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 12:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which wouldn't have been possible if the game is set up right.
Now, I'm not saying DL's entirely at fault here, all the previous games have done this more or less, but there seems to be this notion that everyone needs a role.

IMO, the game needs to go back to basics.
3 mafia, 1 of which is godfather. 1 serial killer. 1 doc, 1 cop, 1 roleblocker, 1 deputy or nurse and everyone else vanilla townies.
No characters known (but everyone gets a character with their role.)
That's how the game is suppose to be played. It leaves the game open for scheming and unsure-ness.
Like if the theme is simpsons for example and everyone is claiming a character.
If you're mafia, you don't want to claim an obvious evil character, you wanna claim a good character. But you can't claim something obvious like Homer or Bart because a townie will very likely have that role. So you need to claim a minor character, but it can't be so minor that you're obviously not that character etc..
The mafia can blend in somewhat and you don't get what you get with this in that everyone works out who everyone is on the first night...

Anyway, w/e.

I don't have characters posted publicly in my game.

I know, I'm pointing out DL's and my mistake.
It's fine IMO, I mean you don't know until you try and if anything it's credit to TTA for picking up on the, I suppose, loop holes if you can call them that, in the game.
Learn from your mistakes and all that fairy shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
14-08-2013, 12:23 PM
(14-08-2013 12:21 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 12:17 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I'm kinda tempted to write up a little PHP app that manages the whole thing, sends out auto reminders, keeps track of when phases end, shows the lynch tally, manages roles, displays a graveyard, etc....would probably take me a couple of nights to do it and everyone would register to receive a roll and submit actions/votes.

...but somehow I feel like it might end up getting about as much use and my binary decoder bookmarklet....ungrateful bastards....

Already have that at my disposal, buts its a moderator tool. Helps me keep track of you guys, and it sends email alerts to me.

Gez, I just use a notepad document...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-08-2013, 12:24 PM
So is the game over??

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-08-2013, 12:27 PM
(14-08-2013 12:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 12:08 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Set a limit for night actions in future games.

It was his first time, and I already set a limit. Its going to be about 15 hours each phase, but that might change, seeing as I have school, lol.

12 hours- enough for people on one side of the world to work/go to school and still have a few hours to post, and people on the other side of the world to sleep, wake up and be able to post.
14-08-2013, 12:28 PM
(14-08-2013 12:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 12:14 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't have characters posted publicly in my game.

I know, I'm pointing out DL's and my mistake.
It's fine IMO, I mean you don't know until you try and if anything it's credit to TTA for picking up on the, I suppose, loop holes if you can call them that, in the game.
Learn from your mistakes and all that fairy shit.

More games will be played and I'm sure Dark will be up for hosting another.
14-08-2013, 12:29 PM
(14-08-2013 12:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 11:59 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The townies getting together and forming alliances was out of the mods hands. The long waiting period wasn't the mods fault either.

Which wouldn't have been possible if the game is set up right.
Now, I'm not saying DL's entirely at fault here, all the previous games have done this more or less, but there seems to be this notion that everyone needs a role.

3 mafia, 1 of which is godfather. 1 serial killer. 1 doc, 1 cop, 1 roleblocker, 1 deputy or nurse and everyone else vanilla townies.
That's how the game is suppose to be played. It leaves the game open for scheming and unsure-ness.
If you're mafia, you don't want to claim an obvious evil character, you wanna claim a good character. But you can't claim something obvious like Homer or Bart because a townie will very likely have that role. So you need to claim a minor character, but it can't be so minor that you're obviously not that character etc..
The mafia can blend in somewhat and you don't get what you get with this in that everyone works out who everyone is on the first night...

Anyway, w/e.

And I knew things you didn't you fucking idiot. You know good and well you ruined the game, don't fucking act like this game was faulty. It was a fuck ton better than yours. Mine was balanced and I was actually neutral. You are a stupid twat. Go away.

14-08-2013, 12:39 PM
(14-08-2013 12:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 12:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Which wouldn't have been possible if the game is set up right.

Anyway, w/e.

And I knew things you didn't you fucking idiot. You know good and well you ruined the game, don't fucking act like this game was faulty. It was a fuck ton better than yours. Mine was balanced and I was actually neutral. You are a stupid twat. Go away.

So, is the game over. You aren't being clear.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Sad

This has made me sad.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post