Mafia X - Futurama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 01:17 PM
RE: Mafia X - Futurama
(14-08-2013 01:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Nope. Fuck that shit. Your rules are restricive as fuck and it severely limiys the true deception aspect of the game which is the PMs. Its not like screenshots are accurate, they can be painlessly faked.

So, in aspect, you had two townies (Rev and I) who absolutely knew how to win and what it took TO WIN. We played the game exactly as it should have been played. The only thing wrong with this game was that people aren't suspicous enough of PMs and shit. They trusted Rev and I, and if one of us is Mafia, that could have severely fucked them up.

You balme the townies philosophy? Well, the philosphy is a good one, BUT it requires trust. The instant the townies get suspicous of one another, they have a chance of fucking shit up and losing.

In short, no, the game rules don't need to be changed.

Stevie, you're just disagreeing because you know that if we change the game rules, you're going to have a harder time playing the game because you know it so well. The game originated on the board. Play it on the board. I'm not saying you or Dark should apply these rules to your future games, but it would make the games more fun and intense. Your method takes the fun out of the game. Future mods of games may apply these rules for different, interesting and intense games.

MY METHOD IS THE SAME DAMN METHOD AS PAST MAFIA GAMES.

I fucking love how you just KNOW how to play the game. The simple fact is, you fucked up by telling Rev and I something you shouldn't have. It doesn't take the fun out. Why? BECAUSE IT REQUIRES A LEVEL OF FUCKING TRUST. PMs are deadly, and depending on the sender, they can be the saving grace or the death of you.

Allowing PMs adds a layer of mystery i.e:

"Why did he PM me?"

"Is his message true?"

"Could he be mafia trying to reach out?"

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 01:27 PM by Atothetheist.)
(14-08-2013 01:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:13 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I disagree. I think it is a tool that can be used. Again, this game relies ON TRUST. I think that restricting modes of communication is bad. You people act like the TOWNIES KNOW WHO OTHER TOWNIES ARE. We don't. WE TRUST that these other people aren't. If we had fucked up and let the Mafia in the group, the game would have been there.

The time was long, but it was to be expected due to it being Dark's first game.

The game would have gone differently if muffs didn't reveal info he shouldn't have.

No it wouldn't have.

Yeah, you didn't know what we were going to do. We thought you were fucking Clamps, and we were afraid of lynching you. Now we have no fears, because you had to be selfish, and ruin the game.

Quote:Stevie, you're just disagreeing because you know that if we change the game rules, you're going to have a harder time playing the game because you know it so well.

Had the mafia been smarter, or had earmuffs been smarter, the mafia could have easily won by fucking over the strategy. Oh, and I CAN play the game without PMs, no problem, however, I think it removes a layer of intrigue and mystery to the game. Had you not told us you had been converted, you could have given BUCKY a free picking to win, just because of you. But you didn't. You didn't play smart. You didn't use the rules to your advantage.

I can make baseless assumptions too, Ferdy.

Like so: I think you want the PMs and Skype channels banned because you are a horrible liar via voice, and you fucked up while using it.

14-08-2013, 01:21 PM
(14-08-2013 01:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  MY METHOD IS THE SAME DAMN METHOD AS PAST MAFIA GAMES.

I fucking love how you just KNOW how to play the game. The simple fact is, you fucked up by telling Rev and I something you shouldn't have. It doesn't take the fun out. Why? BECAUSE IT REQUIRES A LEVEL OF FUCKING TRUST. PMs are deadly, and depending on the sender, they can be the saving grace or the death of you.

"Why did he PM me?"

"Is his message true?"

You idiot, you're not taking into consideration all of the rules Tartarus posted. It doesn't take a fucking genius to understand what elements make a game fun and what do not. I refuse to argue with an insensitive fucking brick wall. When I host my game, it will actually be fun and intense. You think you know everything about an online game, when in reality you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
14-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Now let's figure out if other players want to continue this game, or if we should go ahead and start Ato's.
14-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm out. Sorry guys. So not fun.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-08-2013, 01:28 PM
(14-08-2013 01:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm out. Sorry guys. So not fun.

Same.
14-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Ditto, sorry, too much disagreement with how to approach playing this game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
14-08-2013, 01:31 PM
(14-08-2013 01:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Had the mafia been smarter, or had earmuffs been smarter, the mafia could have easily won by fucking over the strategy. Oh, and I CAN play the game without PMs, no problem, however, I think it removes a layer of intrigue and mystery to the game. Had you not told us you had been converted, you could have given BUCKY a free picking to win, just because of you. But you didn't. You didn't play smart. You didn't use the rules to your advantage.

Like so: I think you want the PMs and Skype channels banned because you are a horrible liar via voice, and you fucked up while using it.

I am not talking about PMs. I am talking about Skype. Plus, some members aren't able to Skype. Adjust the games to the needs of those players. The game originated on the Board. It stayed on the Board. It is played on the Board. Stop being a little cunt.
14-08-2013, 01:35 PM
(14-08-2013 01:21 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:17 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  MY METHOD IS THE SAME DAMN METHOD AS PAST MAFIA GAMES.

"Why did he PM me?"

"Is his message true?"

You idiot, you're not taking into consideration all of the rules Tartarus posted. It doesn't take a fucking genius to understand what elements make a game fun and what do not. I refuse to argue with an insensitive fucking brick wall. When I host my game, it will actually be fun and intense. You think you know everything about an online game, when in reality you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

I freely admit I don't know everything. I do however know that there were methods that you could have employed to fuck us. You and muffs had the position too, but you didn't.

If you want to play a game with no PMs, fine with me, but I will allow such things in my game. Mafia can PM Townies, but they didn't. You could have used the web that we (Rev and I) set up to fuck us over, but you didn't.

It was shooting fish in a barrel because you guys just gave up, or you made deadly mistakes.

So, if you think that it takes away from the game, please follow your beliefs in your game.

14-08-2013, 01:36 PM
(14-08-2013 01:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:19 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Had the mafia been smarter, or had earmuffs been smarter, the mafia could have easily won by fucking over the strategy. Oh, and I CAN play the game without PMs, no problem, however, I think it removes a layer of intrigue and mystery to the game. Had you not told us you had been converted, you could have given BUCKY a free picking to win, just because of you. But you didn't. You didn't play smart. You didn't use the rules to your advantage.

I am not talking about PMs. I am talking about Skype. Plus, some members aren't able to Skype. Adjust the games to the needs of those players. The game originated on the Board. It stayed on the Board. It is played on the Board. Stop being a little cunt.

Ok, no skype then. I made a mistake. My apologies.