Mafia X - Futurama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Mafia X - Futurama
Quote:he mafia could have easily won by fucking over the strategy.

What do you think I was trying to do...

If you were voted off instead of Bucky this day phase we would have won.
The fact that everyone knew who everyone worked in our favor too...
The problem was CJLR didn't do what he said he was going to do, Grassy took his sweet time (though I suspect he wasn't far away from posting), Chas just voted Bucky without even reading my PM or considering it I bet as some sort of spite thing, and Ride didn't understand what I PMed him and stuffed it all up. MomSBB was either on the fence, siding with you two or wasn't sure of what was going on I have no idea.
If Cjlr, Chas, MomSBB or Ride had actually put a little more effort in and were a little more daring then just siding with the guaranteed win, then this game would have been very different.

The mafia didn't lose for a lack of trying or lack of strategy...

At the end of the day nobody was willing, except Grassy maybe, to side with us because they either didn't care or didn't understand.
You can't do anything when it's 5 votes to 8... Try as you might, you need a little cooperation on other peoples parts.

And they didn't cooperate because everyone knew who everyone was and all they saw was the easy townie victory.
You would have lost too.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Discussion through private messages here, as opposed to via Skype, is not a significant distinction.

I started under the assumption that many people were bluffing. It turned out nobody was; that left a near majority on-side before the first night was over... Plus, Rev got his first night action result right away, which was odd to say the least.

As played in person there is no private communication. That's unenforceable online. Strict time limits might mitigate the possibility for shenanigans, I guess. I'd prefer a real-time game, but so many people setting aside the time probably isn't going to happen.

Anyway.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-08-2013, 01:42 PM
(14-08-2013 01:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Ok, no skype then. I made a mistake. My apologies.

Hug
14-08-2013, 01:43 PM
How bout this we all realise this is just a fucking game and get over it. As to the mafia in this game yes they were underpowered I noted that before the game started. As to skype and other forms of communications if you don't want them in your game make a rule stating that anyone breaks it they are executed.

Had Mafia or the cult played better they would have won. If the mafia would have joined the forming alliance when they were offered instead of holding back they could have severely crippled it. TS I messaged you to form an alliance day one and you could have found out major weaknesses in the townie strategy. Ferdi had you not informed both steven and I you had been co-opted, the cult probably would have won. There were other mistakes here and there but it's not DL's game that was messed up it was poor playing by the 2 scum factions and it wasn't over until Muffs had a hissy fit and decided to piss all over the game because his plan didn't work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-08-2013, 01:44 PM
(14-08-2013 01:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  How bout this we all realise this is just a fucking game and get over it. As to the mafia in this game yes they were underpowered I noted that before the game started. As to skype and other forms of communications if you don't want them in your game make a rule stating that anyone breaks it they are executed.

Had Mafia or the cult played better they would have won. If the mafia would have joined the forming alliance when they were offered instead of holding back they could have severely crippled it. TS I messaged you to form an alliance day one and you could have found out major weaknesses in the townie strategy. Ferdi had you not informed both steven and I you had been co-opted, the cult probably would have won. There were other mistakes here and there but it's not DL's game that was messed up it was poor playing by the 2 scum factions and it wasn't over until Muffs had a hissy fit and decided to piss all over the game because his plan didn't work.

Son, I played this game better then you.
I got the PMs and skype convo's to prove it.

At the end of the day nobody was willing to budge from the boring townie victory.
There wasn't a hell of a lot I could do about that now was there...

14-08-2013, 01:45 PM
(14-08-2013 01:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:43 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  How bout this we all realise this is just a fucking game and get over it. As to the mafia in this game yes they were underpowered I noted that before the game started. As to skype and other forms of communications if you don't want them in your game make a rule stating that anyone breaks it they are executed.

At the end of the day nobody was willing to budge from the boring townie victory.

No, you tried to play the game better, but you didn't.

Anyways, if people are still interested in playing again, but without all the needless drama, I will be hosting a game. PMs will be allowable.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 01:45 PM
(14-08-2013 01:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I played this game better then you.

Well, it sorta fell apart before I had the chance to pull anything, now didn't it...

... this is my signature!
14-08-2013, 01:47 PM
(14-08-2013 01:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

How did you play better by admitting you were mafia day 1? You lost and your butthurt get over it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Over, game's over. The only loser of the game was muffs. Congratulations everyone.

Goodbye.
[Image: Suicide-hanging.jpg]

14-08-2013, 01:48 PM
(14-08-2013 01:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 01:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I played this game better then you.

Well, it sorta fell apart before I had the chance to pull anything, now didn't it...

Because nobody was willing to throw the dice a little.
They were all happy in their little cocoon of safe-ness.

I explained to you the situation, you had a clear choice and you made your choice.
Just the same as Chas, MomSBB and Ride.

Grassy was the only one to really consider it.