Mafia X - Futurama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Mafia X - Futurama
(14-08-2013 01:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually no.
We (mafia) were still only 3 people.
The cult would have been 3 people following the next night phase.
We would still need the cult to lynch a townie.
And the cult would have the numbers on US (mafia).
The mafia backstabbing everyone doesn't make sense and wouldn't have worked.
My plan was the only thing that would have worked OR the cult backstabbed everyone, which I don't believe it would have because Bucky is rubbish at this game.

That's 6 of twelve people, with one allegiance unknown (tinny tim) and one double voter (though, smart move would be kill or cult them). Townie's might get a lynch, but only if they're unanimous, which is unlikely. Mafia then kills cult leader. Mafia win.

Gee, if only there had been some way to play this out and see what would happen... Rolleyes

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Can we move on?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 02:04 PM
(14-08-2013 02:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Can we move on?

NEVERS!

... this is my signature!
14-08-2013, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 02:15 PM by Dark Light.)
If anyone is interested, here was the actual fuckups in the game, including my own.

I did fuck up and respond to Rev prematurely. Although I tried my damnedest to remain neutral and fair, this was my fuckup. I'm sorry for that.

Bucky fucked up because he just didn't have a clue what he was doing. He should've read more carefully, but it was his first game and almost everyone makes small mistakes their first game. It wasn't a big deal. He had another power which no one else knew about except him but.....

Ferdinand really fucked up by immediately revealing her role, her cult leader, and by copying/pasting messages from me. If she would've played differently the cult could've easily won, or distracted the townies long enough for an easy mafia win.

Muffs said "fuck everyone else". He only counted votes not taking into account that the townies did not know everything. The truth of the matter is the townies were still suspicious of Chas. They also didn't know who Freethought was. They didn't have a clue who ridethespiral was. He didn't take into account that Chas could still accidentally kill his fellow townies. His action of being a selfish prick doomed the game. He didn't consider it might take 2 day phases to kill one of the mafia. It could have easily still gone to the mafia even though the townies strategized well.

I will defend the setup of my game, and I still say it was balanced. Either way, I will not be hosting any more mafia games.

edit: I also fucked up by not explicitly stating that copying and pasting were forbidden.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
14-08-2013, 02:10 PM
(14-08-2013 01:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually no.
We (mafia) were still only 3 people.
The cult would have been 3 people following the next night phase.
We would still need the cult to lynch a townie.
And the cult would have the numbers on US (mafia).
The mafia backstabbing everyone doesn't make sense and wouldn't have worked.
My plan was the only thing that would have worked OR the cult backstabbed everyone, which I don't believe it would have because Bucky is rubbish at this game.

Like I said you stupid cunt, you didn't know everything. The cult leader only had a percentage of converting, and he could detect if a night role was performed on him. You didn't have a fucking clue what was possible. You just made a shit load of assumptions and fucked it up for everyone else because you are a selfish asshole.

14-08-2013, 02:12 PM
(14-08-2013 02:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I will not be hosting any more mafia games.

Dark, please host other games.
14-08-2013, 02:14 PM
(14-08-2013 02:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I will defend the setup of my game, and I still say it was balanced. Either way, I will not be hosting any more mafia games.

Don't say that Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

14-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I disagree that this game was balanced, the abilities needed to be stacked more evenly for the mafia.

However, I was not involved with what was going on behind the scenes outside of the thread other than what information I asked from muffs since I purposely didn't get involved, so I was under the impression that the townies already knew who all the mafia were and were going to systematically lynch us after Bucky was gone.

I still think this game would be more interesting if we stopped the skype call shenanigans, too much open information in my opinion, both bad and good. I'd be fine with the pm's though.

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-08-2013, 02:41 PM
(14-08-2013 02:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I disagree that this game was balanced, the abilities needed to be stacked more evenly for the mafia.

However, I was not involved with what was going on behind the scenes outside of the thread other than what information I asked from muffs since I purposely didn't get involved, so I was under the impression that the townies already knew who all the mafia were and were going to systematically lynch us after Bucky was gone.

I still think this game would be more interesting if we stopped the skype call shenanigans, too much open information in my opinion, both bad and good. I'd be fine with the pm's though.

I think I might keep the Skype just because I want to observe the game. However you must note that whatever could be said in skype could have also been written in PMs too. I reached out to others via PM, so Skype was only for the people that have them. Plus, It made communication more easy.

Of course, mods can ban/allow skype or PMs at their will.

I still need somebody to move my thread, in case there are people that want to play still.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 02:43 PM
(14-08-2013 02:32 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I disagree that this game was balanced, the abilities needed to be stacked more evenly for the mafia.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. We can disagree. As you undoubtedly know you cannot please all the people all the time, and in this situation you are someone that didn't get pleased. I would like to point out, however that this thread was posted several days in advance and I asked people several times to give their opinion on the game and I struck a balance between people's constructive criticisms and what I wanted to see. As a matter of fact, I think for every criticism I got I made a small change. I received nothing from you. Additionally, I think the overwhelming majority do not agree with most of the restrictions that you would like to implement. If you saw the game and knew you weren't going to be happy with it then you shouldn't have signed up.

edit: I would also like to point out that there would be absolutely no way of detecting or preventing people from talking anytime and by any means. At least if it is is allowed everyone is getting the same opportunities. Some may follow the rules, most would not.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post