Mafia X - Futurama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: Mafia X - Futurama
(14-08-2013 05:16 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  BTW Grassy I was Tim. Where you the cop ready to investigate me or the mob wanting to recruit me?

Grassy was Scruffy the double voter. Mafia was Tartarus and Deep and Muffs.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 05:23 PM
(14-08-2013 05:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:16 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  BTW Grassy I was Tim. Where you the cop ready to investigate me or the mob wanting to recruit me?

Grassy was Scruffy the double voter. Mafia was Tartarus and Deep and Muffs.

Oh he really was Scruffy....Damn you fuckers are too honest for this game.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2013, 05:32 PM
(14-08-2013 05:23 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Grassy was Scruffy the double voter. Mafia was Tartarus and Deep and Muffs.

lol.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 05:32 PM
(14-08-2013 05:23 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Grassy was Scruffy the double voter. Mafia was Tartarus and Deep and Muffs.

Yep. I tried to play it straight out of the gate. I'm surprised I wasn't killed on the first night!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2013, 05:33 PM
(14-08-2013 05:32 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:23 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Oh he really was Scruffy....Damn you fuckers are too honest for this game.

Yep. I tried to play it straight out of the gate. I'm surprised I wasn't killed on the first night!

Hahaha YEAH!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-08-2013, 05:34 PM
(14-08-2013 05:32 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 05:23 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Oh he really was Scruffy....Damn you fuckers are too honest for this game.

One of many miscalculations.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
14-08-2013, 05:43 PM
I am really sorry to all the people who didn't get to play properly. I hope this game didn't leave such a sour taste in your mouth that you won't try to play another one. Thanks to all who gave it a shot.

By popular demand I will eventually host another one, thanks to all the people who have sent me an atta' boy.

Anyhow, Steven is hosting another one without muffs, so consider giving it a try.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
14-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Okay so after having consulted with Rev over skype on just what exactly happened and what the situation was with the townies, I am rescinding my previous opinion that the communications outside of the thread were gamebreakers. Yes, online mafia was originally conceived to only take place on the mafia thread and some places still adhere to this rule, but every community/moderator can make up their own rules.

Yes, the townies were using skype and pm's for alliances, but it turns out that they weren't absolutely positive of each other's true alignments the way I thought they were by using these functions. There was still a lot of mistrust and deception going on between the groups, and it turns out that nobody actually could make an absolutely positive identification of more than half the players, and many didn't even fully trust some of the players in their own alliances.

I was not part of the skype calls and was solely relying on information handed to me by muffs, who gave me the impression that they knew who everybody was except me and Chas. This is specifically the impression that the townies were trying to give to muffs since he admitted that he was mafia, and this is why I thought it was shooting fish in the barrel for the townies, but I was wrong. The mafia still could have had a decent chance of winning this game if it weren't for a series of errors in judgement.

So Dark, since this is over, might as well post who was who?

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-08-2013, 06:29 PM
(14-08-2013 06:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Okay so after having consulted with Rev over skype on just what exactly happened and what the situation was with the townies, I am rescinding my previous opinion that the communications outside of the thread were gamebreakers. Yes, online mafia was originally conceived to only take place on the mafia thread and some places still adhere to this rule, but every community/moderator can make up their own rules.

Yes, the townies were using skype and pm's for alliances, but it turns out that they weren't absolutely positive of each other's true alignments the way I thought they were by using these functions. There was still a lot of mistrust and deception going on between the groups, and it turns out that nobody actually could make an absolutely positive identification of more than half the players, and many didn't even fully trust some of the players in their own alliances.

I was not part of the skype calls and was solely relying on information handed to me by muffs, who gave me the impression that they knew who everybody was except me and Chas. This is specifically the impression that the townies were trying to give to muffs since he admitted that he was mafia, and this is why I thought it was shooting fish in the barrel for the townies, but I was wrong. The mafia still could have had a decent chance of winning this game if it weren't for a series of errors in judgement.

I was Fry useless and stupid. Smile

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

14-08-2013, 06:43 PM
(14-08-2013 06:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Okay so after having consulted with Rev over skype on just what exactly happened and what the situation was with the townies, I am rescinding my previous opinion that the communications outside of the thread were gamebreakers. Yes, online mafia was originally conceived to only take place on the mafia thread and some places still adhere to this rule, but every community/moderator can make up their own rules.

Sure. You should've known that muffs isn't nearly as clever as muffs thinks he is.

Anyway, as you requested here are the files I was keeping for the thread.

Character Numbers
1 - The Donbot – Deep Thought
2 – Clamps – Tartarus Sauce
3 – Joey Mousepad - earmuffs
4 – Hermes Conrad - Freethought
5 – Bender – Rev
6 – Zoidberg – KidCharlemagne *
7 – Leela - cjlr
8 – Fry - Momsurroundedbyboys
9 – Brain Slug - Steven
10 – Tinny Tim – ridethespiral
11 – Nibbler – Bucky Ball
12 – Scruffy – Grassy Knoll
13 – Hypnotoad - Ferdinand
14 – Elzar - Chas

Characters with night actions:
One member of the mafia
Hermes - FT
Bender – Rev x
Zoidberg – Kid Charlemagne
Brainslug – Steven x
Hypnotoad -Ferdinand x
Elzar Chas x
Nibbler - BB

Lord Nibbler (Nibblonian, Independent Third Party – Cult Leader, Silenced)

Lord Nibbler is often thought of as a simple pet, and as a result doesn't get the respect he deserves. His inability to communicate with English makes him appear stupid, but in actuality Lord Nibbler is the Lord of an ancient race who help guard the universe. His cuteness is his biggest advantage, which seems to hypnotize others to do his will

- As a result Lord Nibbler can recruit others to join him and his race. For every attempted hypnotism there is a 50% chance of success. For every member he recruits his odds of hypnotism improves by 5%. Nibbler chooses not to speak English, and therefore cannot post on the thread publicly. A violation of this rule will result in a suicide. Additionally, Nibbler tends to sleep with his third eye open, so there is a fair chance he will know if a night action has been performed on him.

Victory Condition – All creatures (Humans/Robots/Aliens) left are Nibblonians.

Night 1.

Rev (Bender) stole from cjlr (Leela).
Steven (Brainslug) roleblocked Grassy Knoll (Scruffy)
DeepThought (The Donbot) ordered Tarturus (Clamps) to kill KidCharlemagne (Zoidberg)
Ferdinand (Hypnotoad) protects/roleblocks Atothetheist (Brain Slug)
Chas fed earmuffs a mystery dish and protected him.
KidCharlemagne (Zoidberg) decided to take no night action.
BuckyBall (Nibbler) hypnotized Ferdinand.
Freethought (Hermes) investigated Steven (Brain Slug)