Mafia XIX: Harry Potter
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 06:07 AM by Hughsie.)
Mafia XIX: Harry Potter
Harry Potter and his friends have gone to stay at the headquarters of The Order of the Phoenix, 12 Grimmauld Place, a house in London belonging to Harry's Godfather, Sirius Black. However, on the first night they are there the house is infiltrated by Lord Voldemort and a few of his Death Eaters, who rely on the clever use of Polyjuice Potion to hide their identities. With Albus Dumbledore away it's up to Harry and his friends, plus the members of the Order present, to figure out who are the killers hiding in their midst.

[Image: voldemort-vs-harry-potter.jpg]

Death Eaters
Lord Voldemort (Manipulator) - The most evil wizard of his age and one of the most powerful. He will stop at nothing to see Harry Potter killed, the Order of the Phoenix destroyed, and all non-magical people's subjugated.
- Abilities: He can choose one other player per night to have killed with The Killing Curse and decide which of the Death Eaters (including himself) will perform it. He can also use The Imperius Curse once per night to control another player and set either their lynch for their following day, or their night action for the following night. The person will be aware they were controlled though.
- Night Actions: Kill (Avada Kedavra), Manipulate (Imperio)

Bellatrix Lestrange (Roleblocker) - Lord Voldemort's right-hand woman and the most dangerous and loyal person in his service. She is cruel and prone to violence. She is his second in command.
- Abilities: She can choose one other player per night to target with The Disarming Charm, preventing them from submitting a night action.
- Night Actions: Roleblock (Expelliarmus)

Peter Pettigrew (Super Saint/Mole) - He was Lord Voldemort's spy until he betrayed Harry's parents to their deaths and faked his own to evade justice. He has now returned to his master's side.
- Abilities: He's a talented spy and will show up as a townie if he is investigated. He will also not be lynched without a fight and will kill the final person to vote to lynch him as he dies.
- Night Actions: None

The Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter (Tracker) - He is The Boy Who Lived. He survived Lord Voldemort's attack on him as a baby and Lord Voldemort's powers were broken in the process. He is now doing all he can to prevent Lord Voldemort from taking over The Ministry for Magic.
- Abilities: He can use his invisibility cloak once per night to track an opponent without being detected.
- Night Actions: Track (Use Invisibility Cloak)

Ron Weasley (Cop) - Harry's best friend and the first person Harry met from Hogwarts. He comes from the Weasley family of wizards who are firmly opposed to Lord Voldemort.
- Abilities: He has got his hands on a stash of the truth serum, Veritaserum. He can use it once per night to learn another player's affiliation.
- Night Actions: Investigate (Administer Veritaserum)

Hermione Granger (Doctor) - Harry's other best friend. Initially they weren't close but became friends after knocking out an attacking troll together. She comes from a non-magical family.
- Abilities: She can use The Healing Spell once per night to heal any player who is targeted by a lethal night action.
- Night Actions: Protect (Episkey)

Neville Longbottom (Arsonist) - A friend of Harry's in his year at school. He has a reputation for ineptitude at magic but his heart is in the right place.
- Abilities: Each night he can use one of three spells. Anyone targeted by The Ventus Jynx becomes vulnerable to fire. Anyone targeted by The Water Making Charm becomes invulnerable to fire. When The Fire Making Spell is cast all players who are currently vulnerable to fire will be killed.
- Night Actions: Dry Out (Ventus) OR Dampen (Aguamenti) OR Ignite (Incendio)

Sirius Black (Vengeful Townie/Miller) - The best friend of Harry's father and Godfather to Harry himself, he was framed for the death of Harry's parents and imprisoned. After escaping from Azkaban he went into hiding.
- Abilities: His time in Azkaban means he will show up as mafia if investigated. If he is lynched he will not go down without a fight and can kill a player of his choice upon his death.
- Night Actions: None

Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody (Bodyguard) - A retired auror touted as one of the best to ever live. He is now extremely paranoid but still a capable fighter.
- Abilities: He will defend his friends and can use The Shield Charm to protect them from harm. He will die in the process of protecting them though.
- Night Actions: Protect (Protego)

Kingsley Shacklebolt (Redirector) - One of the most talented aurors currently working for the Ministry he is an extremely accomplished wizard in all areas of magic.
- Abilities: He can use The Confundus Charm once per night to confuse another player into aiming their night action at someone other than who they intended without realising it.
- Night Actions: Redirect (Confundus)

Remus Lupin (Lover/Nurse) - Another childhood friend of Harry's father he has been shunned by most people all through his life for being a werewolf. He has been accepted by The Order of the Phoenix though and met his partner, Nymphadora Tonks, through them.
- Abilities: He knows who Nymphadora Tonks is from the start. He will also take over as the Doctor should Hermione Granger die. He dies at the end of the next phase if the other lover is killed.
- Night Actions (only applicable upon the death of Hermione Granger): Protect (Episkey)

Nymphadora Tonks (Lover/Deputy) - A junior auror at the Ministry she has recently joined The Order of the Phoenix and began a relationship with Remus Lupin.
- Abilities: She knows who Remus Lupin is from the start. She will also take over as the Cop should Ron Weasley die. He dies at the end of the next phase if the other lover is killed.
- Night Actions (only applicable upon the death of Ron Weasley): Investigate (Administer Veritaserum)

Unknown
Severus Snape (???) - A childhood enemy of Harry's father and his friends he joined the Death Eaters after leaving school but also joined The Order of the Phoenix shortly after, acting as a spy for both sides. Who really knows where his allegiances truly lie?
- Abilities: ???
- Night Actions: ???

Game Rules
  • You may communicate in any way and at any time (unless you receive an instruction otherwise). However, no screenshotting or copy/pasting of any private communication by any player or Mod is allowed.
  • Please do not influence the game in any way once you are dead.
  • Phases will last either twelve, eighteen, or twenty-four hours and will not end early. I know this isn't ideal but I have an irregular work pattern to work around. All phases will begin at either 12am, 6am, 12pm, or 6pm GMT (7pm, 1am, 7am, or 1pm EST). I will state how long each phase will last when it begins.
  • An overall majority is not required to lynch, just a majority of the votes cast. If you wish to avoid a lynch you must vote No Lynch. Please post any lynch votes in bold to ensure they aren't missed.
  • Upon a player's death their character and role will be revealed publicly.
  • Any player may receive additional instructions at the start of, or during, the game. Should this occur please follow them to the best of your ability.
  • Should someone be killed during a night phase their night action will not be counted. Should two people attempt to kill each other on the same night the first night action received by me will be followed.
  • I will be listing one team a the winner team and all survivor as 'Survivors' at the end of the game.

Additional Info
  • There are thirteen characters listed but if more join I can add in more characters so there is no limit on the number of players.
  • I will probably launch the game around the start of December so it doesn't interfere with Thanksgiving. As I live in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving any input on this would be appreciated.
  • Should anyone wish to play but be unsure of how mafia games work (or have any general questions) then PM me and I will be happy to explain.

Players
Revenant77x
Ferdinand
Tartarus Sauce
Dark Light
smoothcriminal
Vosur
TheGulegon
Cheetory6
KidCharlemagne1962

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Mafia XIX: Harry Potter
I suppose I will grace this game with my presence.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I am in.

In yo momma.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
22-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Lo, Tartarus requesteth entrance.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Sign me up.

22-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I'm in

22-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Judging by the abilities, this round seems really unbalanced in favor of the townies. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
22-11-2013, 05:27 PM
(22-11-2013 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Judging by the abilities, this round seems really unbalanced in favor of the townies. Consider

I'm hoping for more than thirteen players tbh.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-11-2013, 05:45 PM
(22-11-2013 05:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Judging by the abilities, this round seems really unbalanced in favor of the townies. Consider

I'm hoping for more than thirteen players tbh.

Yeah, that's why I've concluded the 'unknown' is probably mafia, although possibly a third party. Certainly not townie.

22-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Bitch, is yo banner tiny enough? Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Thread Closed