Mafia XVI: Adventure Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 04:50 PM
RE: Mafia XVI: Adventure Time
(31-10-2013 04:46 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  No, if Deep was mafia, it would one hundred percent garentee that another person will die, if the protector chooses someone, and the mafia actually submit a kill. Having the protector randomly select someone is better than having him select Deep. Selecting Deep WITHOUT any good reason to, besides trust (and we all know how this game is on this) is foolhardy. I think that if Deep needs shit done, he should explain it in a way that makes perfect sense.

Instead of being too fucking cryptic about it. Best thing is, I doubt that the mafia would have even noticed him had he kept his mouth shut about a thing he is supposedly planning on doing. If he was worried about the mafia locking onto him, he sure made it easier for them.

All he could do as mafia is give the kill a 8/8 chance of occurring instead of a 7/8 chance. There's hardly any difference.

Perhaps DT has an unusual ability that means he needs protecting, we don't know all the roles remember. Trusting him for 1 night when there's hardly anything to be lost if he is mafia makes a lot of sense to me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2013, 05:00 PM
(31-10-2013 04:50 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 04:46 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  No, if Deep was mafia, it would one hundred percent garentee that another person will die, if the protector chooses someone, and the mafia actually submit a kill. Having the protector randomly select someone is better than having him select Deep. Selecting Deep WITHOUT any good reason to, besides trust (and we all know how this game is on this) is foolhardy. I think that if Deep needs shit done, he should explain it in a way that makes perfect sense.

Instead of being too fucking cryptic about it. Best thing is, I doubt that the mafia would have even noticed him had he kept his mouth shut about a thing he is supposedly planning on doing. If he was worried about the mafia locking onto him, he sure made it easier for them.

All he could do as mafia is give the kill a 8/8 chance of occurring instead of a 7/8 chance. There's hardly any difference.

Perhaps DT has an unusual ability that means he needs protecting, we don't know all the roles remember. Trusting him for 1 night when there's hardly anything to be lost if he is mafia makes a lot of sense to me.

That doesn't mean we can ASSUME this is the case, Hughsie.

I would much rather have the doctor pick a townie than get duped into protecting the Mafia while they kill someone.

Where are you getting the odds from? Statistics? There might be only one mafia (highly unlikely) or possibly two (unlikely), three (usually the common number.)

The fact that we have little information is the reason WE DON'T TRUST people. Not yet.

I have asked numerous times for him to explain himself. If he can't do that without revealing his role, it was his mistake bringing it up in the first place. I highly doubt that he NEEDS the protector to do an ability. That seems too fucking constrictive, especially in a game where we don't know shit about shit. If there are custom made roles in this game, then that is reflective of the way the mod handles it, but it doesn't mean that he is somehow given the benefit of the doubt. We don't even know if there is a POSIONer or a serial killer in this game, maybe more than one body drops, and then we would have gladly liked the medic to NOT pick a mafia.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
31-10-2013, 05:17 PM
(31-10-2013 05:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That doesn't mean we can ASSUME this is the case, Hughsie.

I would much rather have the doctor pick a townie than get duped into protecting the Mafia while they kill someone.

Where are you getting the odds from? Statistics? There might be only one mafia (highly unlikely) or possibly two (unlikely), three (usually the common number.)

The fact that we have little information is the reason WE DON'T TRUST people. Not yet.

I have asked numerous times for him to explain himself. If he can't do that without revealing his role, it was his mistake bringing it up in the first place. I highly doubt that he NEEDS the protector to do an ability. That seems too fucking constrictive, especially in a game where we don't know shit about shit. If there are custom made roles in this game, then that is reflective of the way the mod handles it, but it doesn't mean that he is somehow given the benefit of the doubt. We don't even know if there is a POSIONer or a serial killer in this game, maybe more than one body drops, and then we would have gladly liked the medic to NOT pick a mafia.

If there are three mafia (and nine townies) then all DT could do as mafia is change the odds of a successful kill from 8/9 to 9/9. There's hardly any difference in it.

If we're almost guaranteed to waste the protect ability tonight anyway we may as well take a chance on DT telling the truth. It's better than wasting the ability.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
31-10-2013, 05:21 PM
(31-10-2013 05:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 05:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That doesn't mean we can ASSUME this is the case, Hughsie.

If there are three mafia (and nine townies) then all DT could do as mafia is change the odds of a successful kill from 8/9 to 9/9. There's hardly any difference in it.

If we're almost guaranteed to waste the protect ability tonight anyway we may as well take a chance on DT telling the truth. It's better than wasting the ability.

It is entirely possible he has an ability to tell who targets him and thus give the Doctor to the mafia night 2. I can't figure out what his game is but it makes way more sense from a mafia stand point than a townie one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-10-2013, 05:23 PM
(31-10-2013 05:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I would much rather have the doctor pick a townie than get duped into protecting the Mafia while they kill someone.

I am inclined to agree with your logic but on the other hand if DT is throwing a ruse, and, if Finn does get killed by going along with it... then we'll know only IF it can be confirmed that DT was actually Finn's target.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2013, 05:25 PM
(31-10-2013 05:23 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I am inclined to agree with your logic but on the other hand if DT is throwing a ruse, and, if Finn does get killed by going along with it... then we'll know only IF it can be confirmed that DT was actually Finn's target.

How could Finn die from this? DT is not asking Finn to reveal his role to him, he is asking him to protect him anonymously.

Does anyone know of a mafia role where a person could be killed or revealed by targeting someone anonymously?

Best
Worst
31-10-2013, 05:28 PM
(31-10-2013 05:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 05:23 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I am inclined to agree with your logic but on the other hand if DT is throwing a ruse, and, if Finn does get killed by going along with it... then we'll know only IF it can be confirmed that DT was actually Finn's target.

How could Finn die from this? DT is not asking Finn to reveal his role to him, he is asking him to protect him anonymously.

Does anyone know of a mafia role where a person could be killed or revealed by targeting someone anonymously?

So it's a subversion tactic and not a trap. Perhaps Finn doesn't protect him and then we'll see if DT has any harm come to him? Still needs to be confirmed somehow Huh
31-10-2013, 05:29 PM
(31-10-2013 05:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

I saw one on one of the FAQ boards when I was making my game. Can't remember what it was called Paranoid something or other. It told you anyone that targeted you the previous night.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-10-2013, 05:31 PM
(31-10-2013 05:17 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

We have little information, we have no trust, and yet we're pointing multiple fingers at Deep? I'm a bit confused. We have nothing to go on but a guess, and to be honest, the people throwing their votes at Deep are the ones I'm mostly suspicious of. I mean, come on. Rev, Dark Light and Ato? If all three of them are mafia, we're most likely screwed.

Sad
31-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd like to make a suggestion. Let's have a sub vote:

To Finn, don't protect DeepThought

please adhere to the majority of the sub vote count.