RE: Mafia XVI: Adventure Time
Soooo....game over?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 08:45 PM
(04-11-2013 08:43 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Soooo....game over?

Not yet, but it soon will be.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Story:
For a brief moment, everything was still. And then the people of the Candy Kingdom exploded in response to the death of Finn and BMO. Everyone charged at the Flame King and though he could fight them off for a few moments, his energy had been spent. He screamed as Jake, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum poured water on him and the Ice King turned it to ice. Eventually he screamed no longer, his great flame extinguished, leaving nothing more than his suit of armor.

It was a dark day for the Candy Kingdom. A hefty price had been paid in order to right the wrongs that had occurred aboard the Mystery Train, but there was hope in the horizon. Hope that they would be able to go on even with the losses of so many great heroes. Jake would never be the same without his friend, it was true. But he would always remember him.

TL;DR:
LadyJane has been lynched. She was the Flame King. [Mafia Jailer]

Good game everyone. I’m really sorry that this was really skewed in town’s favour [I hope Rev can forgive me eventually xD], but I learned a lot about hosting and I think if I ever get the chance to host again I’ll have a much better idea of how to balance a game properly Smile. I think I put a little bit too much into making the roles be related to the characters rather than thinking about how they would interact with each other. I really needed more incentive to punish people for actively claiming so much and revealing half the roles in the set-up was a mistake. I think if I’d tweaked the Mayor role a little and made it so that the Lightning Rod couldn’t be protected things would have gone a little better for mafia. Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk :3

LadyJane and Atothetheist are definitely players of the game. Such a strong performance from both of you. Congrats to townies for the win and congrats to mafia for playing a really good game even when it was ridiculously against you guys haha.
Looking forward to playing some more games with everyone in the future! ^.^
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to host guys!
List of Total Actions:
Day One Actions:
No Lynch
LadyJane jails DeepThought

Night One Actions:
KidCharlemagne1962 investigates DeepThought - Comes up as mafia.
Revenant77x frames DeepThought - He appears as mafia.
Lightvader aims at Revenant77x - Nothing happens.
Grassy Knoll protects DeepThought - Nothing happens.
Revenant77x is sent to whack Hughsie - Hughsie is whacked.

Day Two Actions:
DeepThought is lynched.
AtotheTheist blocks the lynch.
DeepThought is confirmed to be town.
LadyJane jails KidCharlemagne1962.

Night Two Actions:
smoothcriminal shoots at Ferdinand - It is focused on DeepThought and then redirected on Lightvader.
LadyJane is sent to whack Grassy Knoll - She is refocused on DeepThought and then redirected on Lightvader.
Grassy Knoll protects AtotheTheist - Nothing happens.
Revenant frames AtotheTheist - He appears as mafia.
Ferdinand gives the Worm to AtotheTheist.
DeepThought directs all of the negative night actions onto himself.
Dark Light redirects all actions from DeepThought to Lightvader.

Day Three Actions:
TartarusSauce is lynched.
LadyJane jails Dark Light.

Night Three Actions:
Grassy Knoll protects LadyJane.
Revenant frames Ferdinand.
KidCharlemagne1962 investigates AtotheTheist - Comes up as town.
smoothcriminal shoots at Revenant77x - He is killed.
LadyJane is sent to whack Grassy Knoll - He is killed.
LadyJane kills Dark Light in captivity.
Ferdinand gives Goliad to LadyJane.

Day Four Actions:
LadyJane is lynched.
[+] 3 users Like Cheetory6's post
04-11-2013, 11:10 PM
(04-11-2013 11:00 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  Story:
For a brief moment, everything was still. And then the people of the Candy Kingdom exploded in response to the death of Finn and BMO. Everyone charged at the Flame King and though he could fight them off for a few moments, his energy had been spent. He screamed as Jake, Marceline and Princess Bubblegum poured water on him and the Ice King turned it to ice. Eventually he screamed no longer, his great flame extinguished, leaving nothing more than his suit of armor.

It was a dark day for the Candy Kingdom. A hefty price had been paid in order to right the wrongs that had occurred aboard the Mystery Train, but there was hope in the horizon. Hope that they would be able to go on even with the losses of so many great heroes. Jake would never be the same without his friend, it was true. But he would always remember him.

TL;DR:

Good game everyone. I’m really sorry that this was really skewed in town’s favour [I hope Rev can forgive me eventually xD], but I learned a lot about hosting and I think if I ever get the chance to host again I’ll have a much better idea of how to balance a game properly Smile. I think I put a little bit too much into making the roles be related to the characters rather than thinking about how they would interact with each other. I really needed more incentive to punish people for actively claiming so much and revealing half the roles in the set-up was a mistake. I think if I’d tweaked the Mayor role a little and made it so that the Lightning Rod couldn’t be protected things would have gone a little better for mafia. Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk :3

LadyJane and Atothetheist are definitely players of the game. Such a strong performance from both of you. Congrats to townies for the win and congrats to mafia for playing a really good game even when it was ridiculously against you guys haha.
List of Total Actions:
Day One Actions:
No Lynch

Night One Actions:

Day Two Actions:
DeepThought is lynched.

Night Two Actions:
smoothcriminal shoots at Ferdinand - It is focused on DeepThought and then redirected on Lightvader.
LadyJane is sent to whack Grassy Knoll - She is refocused on DeepThought and then redirected on Lightvader.

Day Three Actions:

Night Three Actions:

Day Four Actions:
LadyJane is lynched.

Nothing to forgive. It wasn't a bad game and it's not like you went out of you way to break the rules or force things to happen. Balancing a game like this when we only have a dozen players is not easy. Everyone had a good time (other than Tim, sorry broSmile ) and we did what we could do with what we had. Bit of advice next time you make a game have someone go over it with you before hand, you will find a fresh set of eyes can see stuff you might have missed. I know when I have run games getting that outside opinion helped me out.

Congratulations to the winners. Good Game all except a2 he kinda sucked this game Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-11-2013, 11:29 PM
(04-11-2013 11:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 11:00 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  Story:

TL;DR:

List of Total Actions:
Day One Actions:
No Lynch

Night One Actions:

Day Two Actions:
DeepThought is lynched.

Night Two Actions:

Day Three Actions:

Night Three Actions:

Day Four Actions:
LadyJane is lynched.

Nothing to forgive. It wasn't a bad game and it's not like you went out of you way to break the rules or force things to happen. Balancing a game like this when we only have a dozen players is not easy. Everyone had a good time (other than Tim, sorry broSmile ) and we did what we could do with what we had. Bit of advice next time you make a game have someone go over it with you before hand, you will find a fresh set of eyes can see stuff you might have missed. I know when I have run games getting that outside opinion helped me out.

Congratulations to the winners. Good Game all except a2 he kinda sucked this game Tongue

Oh go fuck yourself, I won.

Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
04-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Dunno about all the conclusions you reached from the game, however I would say yes, the townies had an advantage. Mafia you played well and probably should've won this one. In my opinion Rev was the player of the game, though I hope I proved to be a worthy adversary Wink

Cheetory, my honest opinions...don't look if you get hurt feelings, I can be brutally honest.
Townies were overpowered
No one I talked to bothered reading the story as you said it had little to do with the game
Role-revealing restrictions generally suck
You should've thought through your rules a bit more before starting the game, but not that big of a deal, you fixed it
You did do an excellent job of moderating...making sure you didn't screw up the logic or math behind the actions. Better than myself. Flawless moderation.
I would definitely play another Cheetory hosted game Thumbsup

04-11-2013, 11:53 PM
(04-11-2013 11:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Cheetory, my honest opinions...don't look if you get hurt feelings, I can be brutally honest.
No offense taken. Legitimate criticisms and if I end up hosting again I'll make sure I take these things into consideration.
04-11-2013, 11:54 PM
I didn't really get a chance to judge the game (fuck you mafia) but at least my team won. The game seemed good from what I saw though. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I feel bad that I killed Grassy the night he protected me. Shameful. Weeping

I'm sad I didn't make it that one extra night where I was going to have Ferdi's gift to kill two of you all Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
05-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Trying to figure out the results of Night Two while intoxicated was a challenge. I honestly don't know how I managed to not mess that up somehow haha