Mafia XX - The Nightmare Before Christmas Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Mafia XX - The Nightmare Before Christmas Edition
Because we lazy mothafuckers have no suspect to lynch,and if we lynch random,there is a bigger chance it will be a townie

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
(02-12-2013 01:44 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  UNDERGROUND IS PLAYING THIS?

(fangirls)

Play nice Ferdinand...and yes, I used your full name!Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
02-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Alright,

I'm voting No Lynch then.
02-12-2013, 04:24 PM
(02-12-2013 04:15 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Because we lazy mothafuckers have no suspect to lynch,and if we lynch random,there is a bigger chance it will be a townie

This basically day 1 lynch has a much higher chance of killing a townie and starting us off down 1 player. After a night phase we will have some investigations back (presumably) and can begin figuring stuff out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-12-2013, 04:26 PM
(02-12-2013 04:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 04:15 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Because we lazy mothafuckers have no suspect to lynch,and if we lynch random,there is a bigger chance it will be a townie

This basically day 1 lynch has a much higher chance of killing a townie and starting us off down 1 player. After a night phase we will have some investigations back (presumably) and can begin figuring stuff out.

So, why bother starting the game off in the day then?

And, shouldn't we like, discuss some things? Like, how are we to figure out who people are? What are the roles used in the game?
02-12-2013, 04:31 PM
(02-12-2013 04:26 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 04:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This basically day 1 lynch has a much higher chance of killing a townie and starting us off down 1 player. After a night phase we will have some investigations back (presumably) and can begin figuring stuff out.

So, why bother starting the game off in the day then?

And, shouldn't we like, discuss some things? Like, how are we to figure out who people are? What are the roles used in the game?

because if we start in a night phase 1 player (possibly more depending on the game) would not have gotten to do a single thing in the game. As for roles with all of them hidden It favors the mafia and we should probably wait to reveal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
(02-12-2013 04:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 04:26 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  So, why bother starting the game off in the day then?

because if we start in a night phase 1 player (possibly more depending on the game) would not have gotten to do a single thing in the game. As for roles with all of them hidden It favors the mafia and we should probably wait to reveal.

Yeah, but if it favors the Mafia, does that mean that the mafia suck or at best have meager abilities? I assume that Dark Light is trying to run a balanced game and therefore, since the role hidden would benefit them, it means they need that.
02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
(02-12-2013 04:36 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 04:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  because if we start in a night phase 1 player (possibly more depending on the game) would not have gotten to do a single thing in the game. As for roles with all of them hidden It favors the mafia and we should probably wait to reveal.

Yeah, but if it favors the Mafia, does that mean that the mafia suck or at best have meager abilities? I assume that Dark Light is trying to run a balanced game and therefore, since the role hidden would benefit them, it means they need that.

without a way to do a role check mafia could be 2 vanillas and a godfather and still be at an advantage.

02-12-2013, 04:45 PM
(02-12-2013 04:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 04:36 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  Yeah, but if it favors the Mafia, does that mean that the mafia suck or at best have meager abilities? I assume that Dark Light is trying to run a balanced game and therefore, since the role hidden would benefit them, it means they need that.

without a way to do a role check mafia could be 2 vanillas and a godfather and still be at an advantage.

So what then, would be your recommendation to do? I mean, surely there must be some way we can make this stage useful besides having it amount to nothing?
02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
(02-12-2013 04:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  without a way to do a role check mafia could be 2 vanillas and a godfather and still be at an advantage.
It just means we're going to have to be more careful with who we put our trust into. Our investigation roles are going to be key this round and mafia have done a really good job of infiltrating alliances the last few rounds.

I remember Dark Light giving a strategy a few rounds ago where he urged the cop to put their trust into the first person they investigate [assuming they turn up townie] and then use that player as a conduit for their future investigations. I think this is the way to go. I personally think public roleclaiming is going to be more of a detriment than anything in a closed round like this, but if anyone has any thoughts to the contrary, feel free to lay them out.

No lynch is definitely the way to go though.
[+] 1 user Likes Cheetory6's post