Mafia XX - The Nightmare Before Christmas Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Mafia XX - The Nightmare Before Christmas Edition
That makes sense then. Even if he's a townie, we know who to lynch next and after all there's still a lot of us left and we have one Mafia guy down.

I'll still think about it a bit before I vote though.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 03:30 PM
(05-12-2013 03:02 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Not gonna be brow beaten by you into not voting for you.
Quite frankly, I don't care about whether or not you vote for me because you cannot lynch me.

I expect the Mafia to kill me tonight, so I might as well reveal my role before they do.

I'm the Mayor and I have two daytime abilities, both of which can only be used once. The first one allows me to save any player from being lynched, the second one allows me to cast a double vote, but only after I've used the first one. I know who the cop is because he contacted me today. He told me that he investigated both Cheetory and Grassy Knoll and that both of them came up as Mafia. Now, I don't have any reason to trust him per se, but the fact that DLJ, who we now know was a townie, publicly voted for Cheetory before we mistakenly lynched him, as well as the fact that Grassy Knoll publicly defended Cheetory, leads me to believe that he is speaking the truth.

Why don't we take a look at the possible outcomes of this day?

( a ) Cheetory is lynched and turns out to be Mafia. Tomorrow we lynch Grassy Knoll.
( b ) Cheetory is lynched and turns out to be townie. Tomorrow you lynch me.
( c ) Vosur is lynched and turns out to be Mafia.
( d ) Vosur is lynched and turns out to be townie. Tomorrow you lynch Cheetory.
( e ) Vosur is lynched but doesn't die because he used his ability on himself, thereby proving his innocence. Tomorrow we lynch Cheetory.

No matter what happens today, it's a win-win situation for the townies. Cool

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-12-2013, 03:38 PM
(05-12-2013 03:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Quite frankly, I don't care about whether or not you vote for me because you cannot lynch me.

I expect the Mafia to kill me tonight, so I might as well reveal my role before they do.

I'm the Mayor and I have two daytime abilities, both of which can only be used once. The first one allows me to save any player from being lynched, the second one allows me to cast a double vote, but only after I've used the first one. I know who the cop is because he contacted me today. He told me that he investigated both Cheetory and Grassy Knoll and that both of them came up as Mafia. Now, I don't have any reason to trust him per se, but the fact that DLJ, who we now know was a townie, publicly voted for Cheetory before we mistakenly lynched him, as well as the fact that Grassy Knoll publicly defended Cheetory, leads me to believe that he is speaking the truth.

( a ) Cheetory is lynched and turns out to be Mafia. Tomorrow we lynch Grassy Knoll.
( e ) Vosur is lynched but doesn't die because he used his ability on himself, thereby proving his innocence. Tomorrow we lynch Cheetory.

No matter what happens today, it's a win-win situation for the townies. Cool[/align]

Welp. I don't really know how mafia managed to misdirect things to this point, but I'm impressed. I know town's gonna mislynch on me, but I can't really fight a case like that. Hopefully you guys can turn it around and figure out who's been lying, because I honestly have no idea if it's Vosur or if Vosur is being misled by mafia.
05-12-2013, 03:40 PM
(05-12-2013 03:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 03:02 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Not gonna be brow beaten by you into not voting for you.
Quite frankly, I don't care about whether or not you vote for me because you cannot lynch me.

No matter what happens today, it's a win-win situation for the townies. Cool

That's all nice but

1. Why not trust the cop? Isn't he townie?

2. What if you're lying and you have another secret ability and you are misleading us?

Ha! Cool

-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-12-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 03:46 PM by Grassy Knoll.)
I don't know about Cheetory but I was obviously framed.

Edit add: please investigate me again tonight to prove myself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2013, 03:45 PM
(05-12-2013 03:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  1. Why not trust the cop? Isn't he townie?
Obviously, yes. Point being that I don't know whether or not he really is the cop.

(05-12-2013 03:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  2. What if you're lying and you have another secret ability and you are misleading us?
Didn't I cover this possibility in my post? If Cheetory turns out to be townie, you lynch me tomorrow. It's that simple. Sleepy

05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
(05-12-2013 03:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 03:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  1. Why not trust the cop? Isn't he townie?
Obviously, yes. Point being that I don't know whether or not he really is the cop.

Right. You just said "I know who the cop is", that's why I asked.

(05-12-2013 03:45 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 03:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  2. What if you're lying and you have another secret ability and you are misleading us?
Didn't I cover this possibility in my post? If Cheetory turns out to be townie, you lynch me tomorrow. It's that simple. Sleepy

Yeah but you may have some kind of ability that protects you from being lynched and you survive enough to do some damage in another way.

Who knows? Tongue
I know I don't.
I'm a noob.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Why risk loosing another townie when we can just vote you and test your claim?

Edit: talking to Vosur here
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
05-12-2013, 03:56 PM
(05-12-2013 03:49 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Why risk loosing another townie when we can just vote you and test your claim?
Please read my post again. Drinking Beverage

05-12-2013, 04:16 PM
(05-12-2013 03:49 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Why risk loosing another townie when we can just vote you and test your claim?

Edit: talking to Vosur here

I think we can't pass up this opportunity, if we would to hang Vosur and nothing happens, then we still don't know shit.
It's way better imo, to sacrifice one townie for information, if Cheetory turn out to be a townie, then we know that Vosur is Mafia.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't vote for Cheetory to hang , you became very suspicious yourself.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's