Mafia XX - The Nightmare Before Christmas Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: Mafia XX - The Nightmare Before Christmas Edition
(08-12-2013 02:58 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  Whoever investigated Grassy and I back to back won this game hard for town. Good job to whoever that was haha.

I am guessing it was KidC who was the cop and yes he played it perfectly.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 03:45 PM
(08-12-2013 03:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't think it was all that essential because you guys revealed your faction through your behavior (i.e. defending each other, deflecting accusations, refusing to reveal your role). Consider
You played well, but like.. you have no idea how close we were to framing ourselves on the right nights to seem completely townie. We only needed a single mislynch to win this. Like, I know you think you're a master detective after this round, but those cop investigations were really the clincher that got us in the end.

Though, I have to admit it seemed like the set-up for the game was pretty anti-town. What were the third party win conditions?
08-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Great game boys and girls.

Looking forward to the next one.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
08-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Aaaah my first game and it was so fun! Big Grin

Great game guys!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
08-12-2013, 03:56 PM
(08-12-2013 03:45 PM)Cheetory6 Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 03:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't think it was all that essential because you guys revealed your faction through your behavior (i.e. defending each other, deflecting accusations, refusing to reveal your role). Consider
You played well, but like.. you have no idea how close we were to framing ourselves on the right nights to seem completely townie. We only needed a single mislynch to win this. Like, I know you think you're a master detective after this round, but those cop investigations were really the clincher that got us in the end.

Though, I have to admit it seemed like the set-up for the game was pretty anti-town. What were the third party win conditions?

Classic suicide cult. Muffs recruited me night 1 had we gotten Lock (I believe Undergroudp said she was Lock) we would have had a 100% conversion chance. Not sure how it would have worked with Oogie. That was one of your luckier kills getting Muffs and the twofer.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-12-2013, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 04:15 PM by Dark Light.)
At long last, the secrets of the game revealed!

Boysurroundedbymoms Sandy Claws – (Godfather) Alliance: Mafia. As the Godfather you make the decision on who to attack at night.

Cheetory6 Oogie Boogie – (Gambler) Alliance: Mafia. Oogie Boogie is a gambling man. If he is in charge of the mafia, and the mafia have two members or less remaining he will roll the dice to choose his target randomly. If Sandy Claws dies you will take over as the Godfather.

DeepThought Dr. Finklestein – (Framer/Savior) Alliance: Mafia. As the Framer you may frame someone to appear as a Townie or a Mafia member on odd nights. As her creator, you have the ability to save Sally if Jack dies. If she is saved she will be informed that you were the person that saved her. You are third in line for the Godfather role.

Grassy Knoll Igor – (Mafia Roleblocker*) Alliance: Mafia. As a Roleblocker you may prevent a person from performing their night action, but only on odd numbered nights. You are last in line for the Godfather role.

Townies

smoothcriminal Jack Skelington – (The Pumpkin King/Lover) Alliance: Townie. As Sally's lover you know who Sally is. As The Pumpkin King you may order a townie to roleblock, protect, or investigate. You may only use each order one time, and you will not know whether the orders were successful, or the results. Your order will take place of their submitted action if successfully given, and the person will be aware of the order whether they carried it out or not. Subject to death if Sally dies. You will die at the end of the next phase.

Lightvader Sally – (Lover) Alliance: Townie. Subject to death if Jack dies at the end of the following phase.

Ferdinand Zero – (Hunter) Alliance: Townie. As Zero you must find your master, Jack, in order to help him. You may target a player each night to hunt for him.

Vosur Mayor – (Governor) Alliance: Townie – As the mayor you may pardon a member being lynched one time. If you save a person from being lynched your next vote will be a double vote, but you must request it via PM. Both of these actions are day actions, and both will be announced at the conclusion of the phase.

DLJ Devil – (Doctor/Poisoner) Alliance: Townie. As the doctor you may heal any one target per night excluding yourself. You have the ability to put a pox on someone one time and one time only. Whoever yor put a pox on will die at the end of the the next day phase.

KidCharlemagne1962 Clown With a Tear-Away Face – (Cop) Alliance: Townie. You may investigate one person per night to discover their alliance.

Slowminded Creature Under the Stairs – (Roleblocker) Alliance: Townie. As a Roleblocker you may target one person per night and block whatever action they were attempting to perform.

The Gulegon Behemoth – (Watcher) Alliance: Townie. As a Watcher you may select a target to discover who performed actions them that night.

undergroundp Lock – (Vengeful Townie) Alliance: Townie. If lynched you will kill the last person that voted for your death.

Revenant77x Shock – (Bodyguard) You are Shock, a bodyguard. You may protect one person per night, but if that person is attacked you die in their stead.

earmuffs Barrel – (Cult Leader) Alliance: Self. 50% chance of converting someone to your cult. 100% (including attempted roleblocks) chance of converting if you have Lock and Shock in your cult. You win if only you and your followers are living. Your followers lose their respective abilities once converted. Followers may not harm you.

If converted...

You have been converted into the cult of Barrel, and are now his follower. You are no longer [insert alliance]. You win the game only if Barrel and his cult are the last people alive. If Barrel dies, you die with him. You may not vote for Barrel to be lynched. If applicable you have lost any ability you previously had. All hail Barrel! Serve him well.

Day I

No votes to lynch.

Night I

Gulegen (Behemoth, Watcher) watches Revenant77 (Shock, Bodyguard)
Revenant77 (Shock, Bodyguard) protects DeepThought (Dr. Finklestein, Framer/Savior)
KidCharlemagne1962 (Clown With a Tear-Away Face, Cop) investigates Grassy Knoll (Igor, Mafia Roleblocker) and discovers he appears mafia.
earmuffs (Barrel, Cult Leader) successfully converts Revenant77 (Shock, Bodyguard) to his cult.
Slowminded (Creature Under the Stairs, Roleblocker) Roleblocks undergroundp (Lock, Vengeful Townie)
DeepThought (Dr. Finklestein, Framer/Savior) frames Boysurroundedbymoms (Sandy Claws , Godfather)
Ferdinand (Zero, Hunter) searches DLJ (Devil, Doctor/Poisoner)
Boysurroundedbymoms (Sandy Claws, Godfather) orders Cheetory6 (Oogie Boogie, Gambler) to kill Ferdinand (Zero, Hunter)
DLJ Devil – (Doctor/Poisoner) protects Cheetory6 Oogie Boogie – (Gambler)
Grassy Knoll Igor – (Mafia Roleblocker*) roleblocked Revenant77 (Shock, Bodyguard)
Day Phase II:

Votes for No Lynch: Rev, Gul, Smooth, muffs, BSBM, Grassy, underground, LV
Votes for BSBM: DLJ, Cheet, Vosur

Night Phase II:

Gulegon (Behemoth, Watcher) watches Boysurroundedbymoms (Sandy Claws, Godfather)
DLJ Devil – (Doctor/Poisoner) places a pox on Boysurroundedbymoms (Sandy Claws, Godfather)
Slowminded (Creature Under the Stairs, Roleblocker) roleblocks Revenant77x (Shock, cultmember)
earmuffs (Barrel, Cult Leader) unsuccessfully tries to convert Boysurroundedbymoms (Sandy Claws, Godfather) to his cult.
KidCharlemagne1962 (Clown With a Tear-Away Face, Cop) investigates Cheetory6 (Oogie Boogie, Gambler) to discover he appears mafia.
smoothcriminal (Jack Skelington, The Pumpkin King/Lover) orders Lightvader (Sally, Lover) to investigate Revenant77x (Shock, cultmember), but Rev has died.
DeepThought (Dr. Finklestein, Framer/Savior) frames earmuffs (Barrel, Cult Leader)
Boysurroundedbymoms (Sandy Claws, Godfather) orders Grassy Knoll (Igor, Mafia Roleblocker*) to kill earmuffs (Barrel, Cult Leader)

Day Phase III:

Townies hang DLJ
Boys dies from the poison

Night Phase III:
Gulegon (Behemoth, Watcher) tries to watch Vosur (Mayor, Governor) but is blocked by Slowminded (Creature Under the Stairs, Roleblocker)
Cheetory6 (Oogie Boogie, Gambler/Godfather) kills Gulegon (Behemoth, Watcher)
Grassy Knoll Igor – (Mafia Roleblocker*) roleblocks smoothcriminal (Jack Skelington, The Pumpkin King/Lover)

Day Phase IV:

Cheetory6 (Oogie Boogie, Gambler) – Mafia was hanged.

Night Phase IV:

KidCharlemagne1962 (Clown With a Tear-Away Face, Cop) investigates undergroundp (Lock, Vengeful Townie)
Slowminded (Creature Under the Stairs, Roleblocker) roleblocks Grassy Knoll Igor – (Mafia Roleblocker*)
DeepThought Dr. Finklestein – (Framer/Savior) kills Lightvader

Day Phase V:

Grassy Knoll (Igor, Mafia Roleblocker) was lynched.

Night V:
KidCharlemagne1962 (Clown With a Tear-Away Face, Cop) investigates DeepThought Dr. Finklestein – (Framer/Savior) to discover he appears Mafia.
Slowminded (Creature Under the Stairs, Roleblocker) roleblocks DeepThought Dr. Finklestein – (Framer/Savior)
DeepThought Dr. Finklestein – (Framer/Savior) attempts to kill slowminded and frame himself, but is blocked.

Day VI:

DeepThought lynched, game over.

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
08-12-2013, 04:18 PM
I don't understand why the characters on the mafia team would want to work together xD
Also, how could you have barrel be the cult leader and not have some special event with oogie boogie Sad
08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I bestow the following titles to the game's players.

MVP: KidCharlemagne

Best Newbie: TheGulegon (2nd game)

Unluckiest Player: BSBM

Vote Rally King: Vosur

Sneaky Bastards: BSBM, DLJ

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
08-12-2013, 07:36 PM
After all these games I finally get to be mafia Blush

Lots of good board banter on this game. Thanks for inviting me! It was fun Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
08-12-2013, 07:41 PM
(08-12-2013 05:02 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I bestow the following titles to the game's players.

MVP: KidCharlemagne

Best Newbie: TheGulegon (2nd game)

Unluckiest Player: BSBM

Vote Rally King: Vosur

Sneaky Bastards: BSBM, DLJ

I would have been suckered by 2 cult members had they not died, & I unwittingly advocated for the continued breathing of the Mafia Godfather on day 2.....
but I'll take Best N00b! Confused

Tongue
Game was fun tho, DL. Thanks Shy