Mafia XXI - DC's Batman

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-12-2013, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 10:27 AM by Ferdinand.)
Mafia XXI - DC's Batman
[Image: 10zty6p.jpg]
This will probably be the last Mafia game until the year ends and the holidays pass.
Introduction

The streets of Gotham City are plagued by a dark chaos. Corruption is rampant and disorder has become the norm. In the midst of it all, a group of individuals and heroes find themselves head to toe with the mayhem. The villains they face feed the corruption and create the turmoil that the city people must suffer among. The criminals they encounter are far from that of gutless. Over time, a history of crusaders from the primary times of Gotham City to the most recent, gather together to take the felons head on. Rumors of The Society being revived and reorganized intimidate The Crusaders. The organization of all the criminals in Gotham poses a great problem for the heroes, but that's not their only problem. In the shadow of the chaos lies another rebellion for The Crusaders to confront. Can the good people of Gotham save the city before time runs out, and they are outnumbered?

Here is a list of possible characters that will be included in the game.

The Society (Mafia)
The Society of Super Villains, more formally called The Society, is an in-the-making revived recollection of villains and criminals. Once The Society consisted of enemies of the Justice League. Now, the organization is being revived to ensure more chaos throughout the city of Gotham.

The Gotham Crusaders (Town)
The Crusaders are a group of intellectual individuals and superheros that have teamed together to approach the matter of cleaning the streets of Gotham. But in the thick mist of corruption, it's hard to see through to those you can trust... and those you cannot.

The Outlaws (Freelancer)
The Outlaws are a gradually growing group, confined to themselves. Invisible to The Society and The Crusaders, they have slipped under the radar and into the darkness of the streets of Gotham. Both their leader and their motives are unknown, but it's clear they're a possible threat...

How to play
Here is a flash file that demonstrates how Mafia is played.

Here is a flash file that demonstrates various roles in the game.

The idea of the game is that out of all of the players playing, a small group are actually scum. The goal of the Mafia is to blend in with the Townies, so that they can bring the town down. Mafia win when all Townies are dead. The goal of the Townies are to rat out the Mafia. Townies win when no Mafia remain.

Freelancers are a third faction. They win when no other factions remain.

During the Day, everyone can post suspicions, accusations and banter on the board. By the end of a Day phase, all players must vote to lynch a player of their choice (based on suspicions or accusations) or lynch no one. After the lynching, the phase switches to Night. The Mafia scheme among themselves and choose one player of their choice to kill. Some Townies have night actions of their own. Those that don't simply wait throughout the Night until Day Phase commences.

Rules
1. No print screening of any kind.
2. Phases last 12 hours long; 10am/pm EST (3am/pm GMT) They do not end early.
3. This game is played by plurality voting.
4. Night banter is allowed.
5. Dead players are not allowed to interfere with the game or share information once they have died/lost.
6. If you die but your faction still wins, you are counted as a winner at the end of the game.
7. If lynch votes are tied, the first votes placed are the ones counted for a lynch.
8. Night actions are processed in the order of Natural Action Resolution (Protect, Kill, Investigate.)
9. NOT ALL *SUSPECTED* ROLES ARE IDENTICAL TO THOSE FOUND ON MAFIA SCUM. Some may be tweaked with creative mechanisms and shit.
10. My word is law, but I embrace loopholes.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Players
Hughsie - Bane | Mafia Assassin
smoothcriminal - The Riddler | Framer
earmuffs - Alfred | Doctor
Vosur - Catwoman | Thief
KidCharlemagne1962 - Harley Quinn | Ex-Mafia/Cult Doctor
DeepThought - Scarecrow | Ex-Mafia/Cult Roleblocker
Dark Light - Robin | Commuter
Slowminded - Red Hood | Cult Leader/Vengeful/mole
Smercury44 - James Gordon | Cop
BrokenQuill92 - Damian Wade | Restless/Hider
cjlr - Batman | Roleblocker
Cheetory6 - Nightwing | Town Bomb
LadyJane - Deathstroke | Vigilante
Grassy Knoll - Joker | Godfather/Mole/Night Kill Immune
undergroundp - TwoFace | Ex-Townie/Miller/Skitzo
Chippy - Poison Ivy | Poisoner
TheGulegon -Batgirl | Bodyguard
Bucky Ball - Harvey Bullock | Deputy

The Cult has won by majority {Slowminded, KidCharlemagne, DeepThought, undergroundp}

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
08-12-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Mafia XXI - DC's Batman
In. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-12-2013, 05:22 PM
No list of characters for this one?
08-12-2013, 05:25 PM
You know, now that I think about it, the quote "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain" is a tautology and therefore void of any meaning. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
(08-12-2013 05:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No list of characters for this one?

If people desire a list of characters, I can provide one. But roles will not be revealed.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
08-12-2013, 05:37 PM
[Image: fwir15.gif]

(08-12-2013 05:31 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 05:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No list of characters for this one?

If people desire a list of characters, I can provide one. But roles will not be revealed.

Please do.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
08-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Damn. With my test week coming up i can't permit the distraction of teh interwebz so i can't play

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
08-12-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm in.

08-12-2013, 08:38 PM
In. Please provide a list of possible characters, not only the characters in the game, if you're going to provide a character list.
Like what DL did last game. Please.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
08-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Count me in.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]