18-12-2013, 06:21 AM
RE: Mafia XXI - DC's Batman
I think I'll take a break from Mafia games for a while. Dodgy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2013, 06:26 AM
(18-12-2013 06:21 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I think I'll take a break from Mafia games for a while. Dodgy

Vote : Lynch Ferdi Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

18-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Mafia didn't have 2 kills per night.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
18-12-2013, 06:51 AM
(17-12-2013 06:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Generally speaking, cults have to be limited in one or more ways, otherwise they almost inevitably win. One way this is achieved is by striping cultists of their powers, though you don't HAVE to go that route. Another way to limit them is to allow them to convert on chance, or x-shot, or on odd or even days. Another implementation is a suicide cult. It is up to the moderator to decide how to limit the cult, but an unlimited cult will almost always win if they survive the first couple of days.

Another implementation is allowing the cult to use only one of their members
former powers/night. They get one conversion and one member to control for a night action.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
18-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Yeah some of that shit was mad OP.

And The Goddamn Batman only got a shitty block.

Life's not fair.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
18-12-2013, 08:39 AM
The cult got really lucky this go around. Night 1 they got the mafia doctor and that basically won them the game. From that point on the cult eliminated the mafia, however with all the townies that had night kill abilities (there were at least 2) and the mafia, if the cult would have been limited too much (say suicide cult) they would have had almost no chance to win. Plus everyone knew there was a third party out there they just didn't know what it was. Cult would have been the safest assumption.

Good game on Slow, he did very well and got really lucky night 1. To everyone else that was involved good job to those who were unable due to other reasons boo. I will be hosting the next game the theme of which will be Frank Herbert's Dune I will probably put up the thread sometime in the next few days but the game will not begin until after the new year. The next week and a half will probably be hectic for most people and trying to do a game over the holidays is doomed to fail.

Again thank you all for playing and thanks to Ferdi for making a fun theme and running the game the best she could under the situation (the server move was unfortunate and did greatly impact the game)

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
18-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Great job Slowminded!

Ferdi you did a great job and thanks for all the work you did.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
18-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Okay, now I know Tim killed me, but why the fuck was my own teammates trying to kill me when I was providing them with fresh mafia bodies on a daily basis? WTF? Actually, I am the only one in the game responsible for a baddie death...

Chippy, I'm looking at you!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-12-2013, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2013 12:09 PM by Hughsie.)
OK, I know I did turn out to be mafia but wtf was going on with my lynch?!

I was lynched because someone claimed that a dead mafia member told them that I was mafia before they died? Really? Does that sound even remotely plausible?

I cannot believe anyone actually fell for "that mafia member totally told me who else was mafia before they died for no reason" (and as I understand it DL was completely lying about it).

Just glad I got to take my revenge before I died. Evil_monster Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-12-2013, 12:09 PM
(18-12-2013 12:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK, I know I did turn out to be mafia but wtf was going on with my lynch?!

I was lynched because someone claimed that a dead mafia member told them that I was mafia before they died? Really? Does that sound even remotely plausible?

I cannot believe anyone actually fell for "that mafia member totally told me who else was mafia before they died for no reason" (and as I understand it DL was completely lying about that).

Just glad I got to take my revenge before I died. Evil_monster Big Grin

Actually I did not know you were mafia until almost when the lynch went through and it looked liked the correct move to me. DL had already delivered 1 mafia and it was even money on you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense