Mafia XXII Dune

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.4 Average
10-01-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Mafia XXII Dune
(10-01-2014 04:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I think I'm suffering from confirmation bias!

Gotta free my mind. Release the inner skeptic!

I must not fear, fear is the mind-killer

Rev, this is a great game!

I must train myself to think outside of the box

[Image: h6DFBBF56]

[Image: colbertpopcorn.gif]

I've only got 1.5 hours to go on the vids you posted. Not bad. Needs more Francesca Annis. But at least it doesn't have Sting's crappy acting.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 07:23 AM
(10-01-2014 06:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 04:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: colbertpopcorn.gif]

I've only got 1.5 hours to go on the vids you posted. Not bad. Needs more Francesca Annis. But at least it doesn't have Sting's crappy acting.

It's about as true to the book as you could get. They did a follow-up with the 2nd and 3rd books combined calling it Children of Dune, that was where the Alia video footage was from (from KidC's death write up) that one took a bit more liberty with the source material but was still excellent. I looked for an online version of that but could not find one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-01-2014, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 08:21 AM by Escape Artist.)
All the plots within plots and plans within plans kept me up into the wee hours of the morning, and I am inclined to share my musings.

I spoke yesterday of my suspicions of Smerc as Feyd-Rautha and I do believe she is the na-Baron.

Dark Light, I am still unsure of who you really are. But I believe you are either the Baron Harkonnen himself or the traitorous Suk doctor, Yueh. The refrain, "Yueh! Yueh! A thousand deaths were not enough for Yueh!" comes to mind. So perhaps Revenant saw fit to give you more than one life? And Yueh was in bed with the Harkonnens so why wouldn't House Harkonnen come to your aid? Or perhaps you are the Baron himself who escaped death at the last moment, whisked away just as the Duke Leto sought to kill him with poison.

And you, DLJ, are you truly Duncan Idaho or are you the Tleilaxu creation sent to destroy me? Are you the ghola?

There are rumors about that I am not who I say I am. I could try and prove myself, but I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough.

10-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Updating early today but phase will run until normal time. Update in a few minutes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
If Revs was feeling especially maniacal when setting up the game, he could have created a Face-Dancer for a character.

Please Revs, don't have been feeling especially maniacal. Tongue

10-01-2014, 08:27 AM
End of Night 4

Dawn on Arrakis, a body on the sands, the blessed mother of Muad'dib The Lady Jessica broken and passed on into the chorus of other memory now only a voice in the cacophony of her heirs. The sands part Shai Hulud comes and reclaims her for his own.
Bless the Maker and His water.
Bless the coming and going of Him.
May His passage cleanse the world.
May He keep the world for His people.

Slowminded has been killed he was Lady Jessica (Doctor)

Begin Day 5

Please vote for a player you would like to lynch. This phase will end at 10 pm est

10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
It occurred to Paul then that he had seen his own dead body along countless reaches of the time web, but never once had he seen his moment of death.

10-01-2014, 08:51 AM
So, as a sort of interpretation of my first post this morning (since I was under the influence of much spice and therefore distracted):

I believe Smerc is Feyd-Rautha. And therefore not Shadout Mapes and therefore Harkonnen swine and therefore Mafia!!! Perhaps her role is usurper, and she would fill in as godfather should he be killed.

I believe Dark Light is Mafia as well, though his character/role are still unclear to me. He could be Yueh/terrorist or Baron Harkonnen/godfather. Consider

I am just not sure, but one thing is certain:

Things persist in not being what they seem.

...reflection of Paul on limitations of awareness, as he worries about ritual intake of changed Water of Life

10-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Muad'dib
Muad'dib
Muad'dib
Muad'dib
Muad'dib
Muad'dib
Muad'dib
Muad'dib

10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Two have claimed the right to call themselves Paul: Muad'dib.

One has evidence supporting them from our thief (found before they revealed their role) and the support of their concubine.

The other has some flimsy claim to be a 'gossiper' but no supporting evidence.

This other was investigated by our thief last night. I await the results of this investigation.

If the evidence is strong, I will vote to hang this other. If the investigation was blocked or unclear, I will vote for them anyway and if they prove innocent, the first claimant must surely die the next day.

Sorry to see you go, Slow. We will miss you.