Mafia XXII Dune

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.4 Average
07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Mafia XXII Dune
(07-01-2014 11:19 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 11:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I saw the movie but not the TV version (I have no TV) so I'm going by the books.

Slow, I strongly recommend the books. They are part of my journey to atheism.

I just watched the intro , seems interesting.

Seems to be 7 books altogether. I found several publishers here. I'll try to get the books.

yes there are 7 books in the original series but the son picked it up after his fathers untimely death. The expanded works are kind of a mixed bag but at least read the first 4 books. Dune-God Emperor of Dune might be the best Sci-Fi epic ever written.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-01-2014, 11:23 AM
(07-01-2014 11:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 11:14 AM)Crulax Wrote:  I have an vague notion but am not 100 percent on it. I don't trust any of you lot to reveal my role just yet and if we lynch who I suspect and they turn out mafia I will be dead by the end of night 2.

Kinda what I was saying... usually a self-sacrifice turns out to be worth it.

But if you won't. I will.

ThumbsupDrinking Beverage

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
07-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Do I need to read the book to figure out how to play? Or am I just completely dense?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
07-01-2014, 11:26 AM
(07-01-2014 11:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 11:19 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I just watched the intro , seems interesting.

Seems to be 7 books altogether. I found several publishers here. I'll try to get the books.

yes there are 7 books in the original series but the son picked it up after his fathers untimely death. The expanded works are kind of a mixed bag but at least read the first 4 books. Dune-God Emperor of Dune might be the best Sci-Fi epic ever written.

Now that I'm reading about it, I'm almost sure I watched it on TV a long time ago , looks very familiar.
I see that a lot of people have high regards for it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
07-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Cru, if you are townie, and you have suspicions, please share them with us. Especially if you think you'll wind up dead. If nothing else, there is nothing to lose, and everything to gain by picking someone out at random and sharing the info.

All I know, is I got my pitchfork and torch ready, an I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble!

07-01-2014, 11:29 AM
(07-01-2014 11:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Cru, if you are townie, and you have suspicions, please share them with us. Especially if you think you'll wind up dead. If nothing else, there is nothing to lose, and everything to gain by picking someone out at random and sharing the info.

All I know, is I got my pitchfork and torch ready, an I need someone to point me in the right direction.

Fine, Lynch Smercury44!

If I am wrong in my assumption you can lynch me tomorrow but if I am right I will be dead tonight!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
(07-01-2014 11:25 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Do I need to read the book to figure out how to play? Or am I just completely dense?

No the game does not require knowledge of the flavor material. The theme just adds a bit of color and window dressing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
(07-01-2014 11:29 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 11:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Cru, if you are townie, and you have suspicions, please share them with us. Especially if you think you'll wind up dead. If nothing else, there is nothing to lose, and everything to gain by picking someone out at random and sharing the info.

Fine, Lynch Smercury44!

If I am wrong in my assumption you can lynch me tomorrow but if I am right I will be dead tonight!

Will you share your reasons for suspecting her?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
07-01-2014, 11:33 AM
(07-01-2014 11:25 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Do I need to read the book to figure out how to play? Or am I just completely dense?

No books-reading required in the age of the internet, my dear. Please check here. If you need help, I recommend consulting the moderator. Among other things, his job is to help the noobs, but if you have any general questions you may post them here at your own risk. On second thought, just ask the mod.

07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
(07-01-2014 11:29 AM)Crulax Wrote:  ...

Fine, Lynch Smercury44!

I wasn't expecting that!!!!!

Can we know why?