Mafia XXIV: Borderlands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 10:03 PM by Hughsie.)
Mafia XXIV: Borderlands
[Image: borderlands_banner_by_s620ex1-d37829e.png]
Welcome to Pandora! Hosted by Ferdinand, ft. the illustrious Hughsie.

Atlas Superiors: A group of enemy leaders residing about Pandora. They control the ebb and flow of the entire planet, thriving to achieve their goals and barbaric aspirations by any means.

Atothetheist - General Knoxx (Godfather/Mole) - Dead

undergroundp - Commandant Steele (Framer) - Survivor

Vosur - Dr. Ned. (Zombie Doctor) - Survivor

New Haven Rebellion: A rebellion fighting to free Pandora from the grips of Atlas. They battle bandits and all those who come to selfishly ravage the planet and it's people.

Revenant - Roland (Governor/Restless Spirit) - Dead

DemonicLemon - Lilith (Rockblocker) - Dead

LostandInsecure - Mordecai (Tracker with 10% to accidentally kill) - Dead

Escape Artist - Brick (Vigilante/One Shot) - Dead/Last Townie Standing

DeepThought - Tannis (Cop) - Dead

Smercury44 - Dr. Zed (Doctor) - Dead

Dark Light - Scooter (Inventor) - Dead

TheGulegon - Claptrap (Dancer) - Dead

Independent: ???

LadyJane - TK Baha (Paranoid Gun Owner/Vote Thief) - Dead

How to play
Here is a flash file that demonstrates how Mafia is played.

Here is a flash file that demonstrates various roles in the game.

The idea of the game is that out of all of the players playing, a small group are actually scum. The goal of the Mafia is to blend in with the Townies, so that they can bring the town down. Mafia win when all Townies are dead. The goal of the Townies are to rat out the Mafia. Townies win when no Mafia remain.

Freelancers are a third faction. They win when no other factions remain.

During the Day, everyone can post suspicions, accusations and banter on the board. By the end of a Day phase, all players must vote to lynch a player of their choice (based on suspicions or accusations) or lynch no one. After the lynching, the phase switches to Night. The Mafia scheme among themselves and choose one player of their choice to kill. Some Townies have night actions of their own. Those that don't simply wait throughout the Night until Day Phase commences.

Rules
1. No print screening of any kind.
2. Phases last 12 hours long; 10am/pm EST (3am/pm GMT) They do not end early.
3. This game is played by plurality voting.
4. No gag rule. Night banter is allowed.
5. Dead players are not allowed to interfere with the game or share information once they have died/lost.
6. If you die but your faction still wins, you are counted as a winner at the end of the game. If your faction wins, and you're surviving, you're also acknowledged as being a survivor.
7. If lynch votes are tied, the first votes placed are the ones counted for a lynch.
8. Night actions are processed in the order of Natural Action Resolution (Protect, Kill, Investigate.)
9. NOT ALL *SUSPECTED* ROLES ARE IDENTICAL TO THOSE FOUND ON MAFIA SCUM. Some may be tweaked with creative mechanisms and shit.
10. Hughsie is co-hosting the game. Please send any night actions to both of us, either of us may be switching any given phase. If you have not sent your night action to the Mod switching the phase it will not be counted.

OUR word is law, but WE embrace loopholes.

If you have any questions, PM both of us.

Players
TheGulegon
Smercury44
DeepThought
LostandInsecure
Vosur - WINNER
Atothetheist - WINNER
LadyJane
Dark Light
DemonicLemon
undergroundp - WINNER
Revenant77x
Escape Artist

still really sad that zayne left one direction like you guys don't even know
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
27-01-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: Mafia XXIV: Borderlands II
Crap? No one wants to be first Consider

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

27-01-2014, 09:20 PM
(27-01-2014 09:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Crap? No one wants to be first Consider

I'm not superstitious.....
but the last time I signed up for one of Ferdi's mafia games, I was cut off from the internet for a month Shocking I don't know if I could take that again Sadcryface

27-01-2014, 09:23 PM
(27-01-2014 09:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 09:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Crap? No one wants to be first Consider

I'm not superstitious.....
but the last time I signed up for one of Ferdi's mafia games, I was cut off from the internet for a month Shocking I don't know if I could take that again Sadcryface

Me neither Weeping
28-01-2014, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 06:48 AM by DeepThought.)
Cool, I want a private New-U Station.

I love the quotes when you die in the game.

So, how was the dying?
By using this New-U station, you have forfeited your right to reproduce.
Hyperion would like to remind you that there is only one thing worse than respawning, and that is not respawning.
Between you and us, that thing that killed you was a total dick. Please disregard this message if you committed suicide.
Hyperion recommends swearing vengeance on the thing that killed you, unless it was an inanimate object such as a cliff.
Rise from your grave! (Reference to Altered Beast)
Permanent death? Schmermanent...schmeath.
The Hyperion corporation suggests: Live! LIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVE!
Do not worry about the afterlife, Hyperion customer! Hell is reserved exclusively for pedophiles, and people who buy Jakobs munitions.
The Hyperion corporation wishes to clarify that the bright light you saw after death was our digistruct technology, and not a higher power. Not higher than Hyperion, anyway.
If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them.
Aaaaaand RESPAWN!
R-r-r-r-respawn!
Hyperion recommends channeling your post-death frustration into pre-death vengeful anger!
Hyperion would like to take this opportunity to say: cha-ching!
The Hyperion corporation would like to remind you that the afterlife is extremely boring, and not worth visiting.
The Hyperion corporation is sure none of that was your fault.
Hyperion recommends checking for any excess limbs before continuing your adventure.
Hyperion says: back on your feet and show 'em what for!
Hyperion suggests that you do not think about the fact that this is only a digital reconstruction of your original body, which died the first time you respawned. Do NOT think about this!
The Hyperion corporation reminds you that all spawncampers will be permanently banned from this plane of existence.
Anyone can live. Have the courage to die!
So long as you believe in yourself, nothing can TRULY kill you! Except Handsome Jack.
Greetings, clone-of-the-recently-deceased! Good luck in your future endeavors!
Hyperion suggests that you rejoice in your temporary death! A victory achieved without suffering is no victory at all!
Hyperion hopes your death was a learning experience, but wouldn't mind if you made the same mistake just a few more times just to be sure.
Hyperion is offering a ninety percent off sale on all New-U respawns! This offer expires in three-two-one-zero aww, better luck next time.
Hyperion says: afterlife, schmafterlife.
The Hyperion corporation respects all forms of life, so long as they pass a credit check.
Hyperion is not responsible for any fingers, toes, or breasts added during the respawn process.
Dying is awesome! All of the cool kids are doing it!
The Hyperion corporation welcomes you back from your visit to the undiscovered country.
Hyperion asks: why die when you can respawn?
The Hyperion Corporation: We make your life. Period.
Eager for revenge against whomever forced you into this unfortunate state? Why not upgrade your arsenal with some Hyperion firearms?
The Hyperion corporation wishes to remind you that heroes die many deaths; cowards taste but one. Or something.
Perhaps if you purchased more quality Hyperion munitions, you would not need to use the Hyperion quality New-U station as much! Just a thought!
Don't think of your death as failure; think of it as fun! Don't think of Hyperion's New-U respawn charges as war profiteering, think of them as war... fun!
Enjoy your new you!
Thanks for using this Hyperion New-U station! Please die again!
So, how are things?
Oh, it's you again.
The Hyperion corporation: You don't die, until we say so.

Overpowered? Consider

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 5 users Like DeepThought's post
28-01-2014, 06:34 AM
oi! wait your damn turn Fusghie!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
28-01-2014, 11:18 AM
(28-01-2014 06:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  oi! wait your damn turn Fusghie!

WE'VE BEEN WAITING LIKE A WEEK

[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
28-01-2014, 08:17 PM
(27-01-2014 09:23 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 09:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm not superstitious.....

Me neither Weeping

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
28-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Oh thank you finally!

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
28-01-2014, 11:16 PM
ARE YOU PEOPLE PLAYING OR WHAT Huh

[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post