Mafia XXIV: Borderlands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 05:12 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: Mafia XXIV: Borderlands
You can reveal as much or as little as you wish. You can lie or tell the truth. What is a good idea is dependent on your role, and the situation. Also, generally speaking, liars are lynched if it's discovered that they are lying unless they can convince the townies they had a good reason to lie or they can validate themselves in some other way.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
09-02-2014, 05:29 PM
(09-02-2014 05:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can reveal as much or as little as you wish. You can lie or tell the truth. What is a good idea is dependent on your role, and the situation. Also, generally speaking, liars are lynched if it's discovered that they are lying unless they can convince the townies they had a good reason to lie or they can validate themselves in some other way.

I actually prefer to just straight up lynch any liar 9 times out of 10 it is a mafia and that 1 time is usually someone screwing up really bad.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-02-2014, 06:00 PM
(09-02-2014 04:54 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 04:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As long as you are not changing you vote you don't need to do that.

Okay, got it.

Also, out of character, how much of our role are we allowed to reveal at the moment? Or is a good idea to?

I wouldn't reveal too much yet Smile
But it is totally up to you what you receal and when

PS Smerc, you only THINK you know what I revealed lol. I am still open to receiving PM's from potential possible allies. It really would suck to end up with an extra dead townie when we could possible have a dead mafia instead. Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-02-2014, 06:26 PM
(09-02-2014 06:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 04:54 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Okay, got it.

Also, out of character, how much of our role are we allowed to reveal at the moment? Or is a good idea to?

I wouldn't reveal too much yet Smile

PS Smerc, you only THINK you know what I revealed lol. I am still open to receiving PM's from potential possible allies. It really would suck to end up with an extra dead townie when we could possible have a dead mafia instead. Smile

How do you even use a role like that? I'd never use my action unless I knew for sure I wasn't about to off a townie.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-02-2014, 06:31 PM
(09-02-2014 06:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 06:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I wouldn't reveal too much yet Smile

How do you even use a role like that? I'd never use my action unless I knew for sure I wasn't about to off a townie.

You don't even know what my role is though. I am not an assassin. I can't just kill someone. But if I use my night power someone could end up dead. It's a good power possibly worth the small risk of someone dying.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-02-2014, 06:43 PM
(09-02-2014 06:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 06:26 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  How do you even use a role like that? I'd never use my action unless I knew for sure I wasn't about to off a townie.

You don't even know what my role is though. I am not an assassin. I can't just kill someone. But if I use my night power someone could end up dead. It's a good power possibly worth the small risk of someone dying.

At least you know what your action actually does Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-02-2014, 07:09 PM
Vote: No Lynch

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-02-2014, 07:12 PM
My vote: No Lynch

09-02-2014, 07:15 PM
(09-02-2014 05:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 05:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can reveal as much or as little as you wish. You can lie or tell the truth. What is a good idea is dependent on your role, and the situation. Also, generally speaking, liars are lynched if it's discovered that they are lying unless they can convince the townies they had a good reason to lie or they can validate themselves in some other way.

I actually prefer to just straight up lynch any liar 9 times out of 10 it is a mafia and that 1 time is usually someone screwing up really bad.

Depends on the scenerio.

What if the liar told you they were going to lie before they lied to achieve some goal?

What if the framer is dead/non-existant and an known investigator has cleared the liar?

What if the moderator has cleared the liar (for example, someone has the ability to have the mod post the persons alliance).

There are times when it is beneficial for a townie to lie. A good example was the Christmas themed game. I mislead everyone into thinking I was my brother (Best Friend Role) so the mafia would take me out instead of Lady Jane cause her role was more helpful for the townies by that point in the game.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
09-02-2014, 07:28 PM
(09-02-2014 07:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 05:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I actually prefer to just straight up lynch any liar 9 times out of 10 it is a mafia and that 1 time is usually someone screwing up really bad.

Depends on the scenerio.

What if the liar told you they were going to lie before they lied to achieve some goal?

What if the framer is dead/non-existant and an known investigator has cleared the liar?

What if the moderator has cleared the liar (for example, someone has the ability to have the mod post the persons alliance).

There are times when it is beneficial for a townie to lie. A good example was the Christmas themed game. I mislead everyone into thinking I was my brother (Best Friend Role) so the mafia would take me out instead of Lady Jane cause her role was more helpful for the townies by that point in the game.

There is misdirection and being caught in a lie. But really it is just a rule of thumb much like day 1 townies should vote no lynch due to lack of info and the high chance of it helping the mafia rather than the town. There are always going to be a few exceptions to any rule in a free form game like this but for the most part it is usually a better idea to lynch a liar rather than buy their story your success rate is around 90%.