Mafia XXIV: Borderlands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Mafia XXIV: Borderlands
(09-02-2014 07:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Depends on the scenerio.

What if the liar told you they were going to lie before they lied to achieve some goal?

What if the framer is dead/non-existant and an known investigator has cleared the liar?

What if the moderator has cleared the liar (for example, someone has the ability to have the mod post the persons alliance).

There are times when it is beneficial for a townie to lie. A good example was the Christmas themed game. I mislead everyone into thinking I was my brother (Best Friend Role) so the mafia would take me out instead of Lady Jane cause her role was more helpful for the townies by that point in the game.

There is misdirection and being caught in a lie. But really it is just a rule of thumb much like day 1 townies should vote no lynch due to lack of info and the high chance of it helping the mafia rather than the town. There are always going to be a few exceptions to any rule in a free form game like this but for the most part it is usually a better idea to lynch a liar rather than buy their story your success rate is around 90%.

I've rallied a lynch on day one the past two games. Both resulted in a mafia death. Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
09-02-2014, 08:22 PM
(09-02-2014 08:19 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is misdirection and being caught in a lie. But really it is just a rule of thumb much like day 1 townies should vote no lynch due to lack of info and the high chance of it helping the mafia rather than the town. There are always going to be a few exceptions to any rule in a free form game like this but for the most part it is usually a better idea to lynch a liar rather than buy their story your success rate is around 90%.

I've rallied a lynch on day one the past two games. Both resulted in a mafia death. Drinking Beverage
I personally would rather get a kill through actually getting information rather than Homer Simposoning it.
09-02-2014, 08:31 PM
(09-02-2014 08:22 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 08:19 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I've rallied a lynch on day one the past two games. Both resulted in a mafia death. Drinking Beverage
I personally would rather get a kill through actually getting information rather than Homer Simposoning it.

Dark Light had good information for a first day lynching in the last game. I was freaking enjoying that game. Damn muffsDodgy

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-02-2014, 08:41 PM
(09-02-2014 08:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 08:22 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I personally would rather get a kill through actually getting information rather than Homer Simposoning it.

Dark Light had good information for a first day lynching in the last game. I was freaking enjoying that game. Damn muffsDodgy

Now I am starting to regret not getting into the Mafia games sooner.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
09-02-2014, 08:47 PM
(09-02-2014 08:31 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 08:22 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I personally would rather get a kill through actually getting information rather than Homer Simposoning it.

IKR!!!!!!
I was Governor TARKIN, damn it Angry
I got to tell Darth Vader what to do for a day, at least Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
09-02-2014, 09:00 PM
End of Day 1

The New Haven residents gathered to discuss who amongst them were potentially Atlas spies but quickly came to the conclusion that they had too little information to go on and they would have to investigate some more before forming firm theories.

No-one has been lynched.

Begin Night 1

Please send in any Night Actions you may have (and ensure they are sent to both myself and Ferdinand). Phase will last 12 hours ending at 10am EST (3pm GMT).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Ok Dark Light, this invention better not get me killed!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I am hoping I am not neglecting to do something this night...
09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
(09-02-2014 09:13 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I am hoping I am not neglecting to do something this night...

If you are unsure pm Hughsie or Ferdinand and they can help you out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Between this invention and possible death by mafia murder I am just hoping to still be alive come morning haha