Mafia XXIV: Borderlands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 03:40 PM
RE: Mafia XXIV: Borderlands
(13-02-2014 03:37 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 02:27 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Let me just say that Vosur is the genius behind this glorious ending.

Vosur, you already know it, but:

[Image: tumblr_lwudxidwA61qbbi50.gif]

Is that... Carl Sagan? Heart

Yes Smile
It's from the Cosmos series.

This is his reaction when a little girl asks him why the planets are round and I think he says something like "very good question".

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 03:43 PM
(13-02-2014 03:40 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 03:37 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Is that... Carl Sagan? Heart

Yes Smile
It's from the Cosmos series.

This is his reaction when a little girl asks him why the planets are round and I think he says something like "very good question".

Cool. Big Grin Carl Sagan is great. I just... zone out (in a very good way) when I'm listening to him. Heart

13-02-2014, 04:44 PM
(13-02-2014 12:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 12:36 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  MAY I JUST POINT OUT THAT THE LYNCH OF DEMONICLEMON WAS ALMOST AS RETARDED AS WHEN I GOT LYNCHED IN TIM'S KICK ASS GAME OKAY

BULLSHIT YOU GUYS

BULLSHIT

Tongue

I blame Deepthought not sharing info til it was too late to change the vote. Had he contacted me when I came up clean I would have done things differently. But ultimately it was Vosur who won this we should have just lynched him and UGP after A2 screwed up bad and cast suspicion on them but Vosur talked his way out of it.
WE SHOULD HAVE LYNCHED HIM WHEN I DECIDED TO GO ALONG WITH LJ! Lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-02-2014, 04:49 PM
(13-02-2014 03:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 02:27 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Let me just say that Vosur is the genius behind this glorious ending.

Vosur, you already know it, but:

[Image: tumblr_lwudxidwA61qbbi50.gif]

I make no excuses for my shitty playing in this game, but Vosur's plan was beast.

Good job buddy!

Ok... One excuse:
I had claimed TK Baha to L&I a loooooonnnnngggg time ago. So, I was already in trouble when LJ claimed it. So when bitches (sorry, I mean townies) started voting for Vosur (a second mafia member, but still you guys were lynching him for STUPID reasons regardless) I did a calculated risk and decided that throwing myself in harms way was the BEST solution that resulted with the least amount of mafia casualties. Underground volunteered, but she was relatively safe (except for her general silence in the game). So, it was my choice to throw myself under the bus, and get out with only one mafia death.

Also, I would like justify one other thing: Me claiming a cult leader was in the game. Yes, I honestly thought that. But that was because of three things: Vosur protected me night one, when LJ targetted me. Last mafia games, doctors could protect from cults, and LJ was INCREDIBLY defensive as an idep. That made me suspect that she wasn't townie at all, and her reluctance to share what she did to me made me believe that it was a possible conversion.

The last thing was When LJ role-revealed as the vote-stealer. I don't know who assigned TK as the vote-stealer... But come on!!! ( sorry, not the original point). She listed one of her reasons as GETTING MY VOTE OFF HER BACK. Now, when I looked at that, I found it strange since she said she stole my vote the night previously (if she stole my vote, then she shouldn't have needed to worry about my vote or me in the first place). So, naturally, I assumed cult leader.

And if I remember my BL correctly, TK ain't no cult leader. Ergo, I thought LJ lied about her character like I did, so I thought I could come out of it relatively unscathed. So, even if she was who she said she was, my death would lessen the mafia's casualty count, and if she wasn't who she said she was, it would merely cause people to trust me more as the guy who got the cult leader.

So, sure, I played badly, and sure, the mafia victory is Vosur's alone. However, at least I didn't play as badly as the people who actually believed he was the cult leader.

So, was my death really a screw up? I think not. It was a necessary sacrifice.

The funny thing is, when you called bullshit on LJ I have to actually go back through our PMs to be sure that was who you claimed. You could have just chosen someone else and I would have never known. Lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-02-2014, 05:01 PM
(13-02-2014 04:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 03:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I make no excuses for my shitty playing in this game, but Vosur's plan was beast.

Good job buddy!

Ok... One excuse:
I had claimed TK Baha to L&I a loooooonnnnngggg time ago. So, I was already in trouble when LJ claimed it. So when bitches (sorry, I mean townies) started voting for Vosur (a second mafia member, but still you guys were lynching him for STUPID reasons regardless) I did a calculated risk and decided that throwing myself in harms way was the BEST solution that resulted with the least amount of mafia casualties. Underground volunteered, but she was relatively safe (except for her general silence in the game). So, it was my choice to throw myself under the bus, and get out with only one mafia death.

Also, I would like justify one other thing: Me claiming a cult leader was in the game. Yes, I honestly thought that. But that was because of three things: Vosur protected me night one, when LJ targetted me. Last mafia games, doctors could protect from cults, and LJ was INCREDIBLY defensive as an idep. That made me suspect that she wasn't townie at all, and her reluctance to share what she did to me made me believe that it was a possible conversion.

The last thing was When LJ role-revealed as the vote-stealer. I don't know who assigned TK as the vote-stealer... But come on!!! ( sorry, not the original point). She listed one of her reasons as GETTING MY VOTE OFF HER BACK. Now, when I looked at that, I found it strange since she said she stole my vote the night previously (if she stole my vote, then she shouldn't have needed to worry about my vote or me in the first place). So, naturally, I assumed cult leader.

And if I remember my BL correctly, TK ain't no cult leader. Ergo, I thought LJ lied about her character like I did, so I thought I could come out of it relatively unscathed. So, even if she was who she said she was, my death would lessen the mafia's casualty count, and if she wasn't who she said she was, it would merely cause people to trust me more as the guy who got the cult leader.

So, sure, I played badly, and sure, the mafia victory is Vosur's alone. However, at least I didn't play as badly as the people who actually believed he was the cult leader.

So, was my death really a screw up? I think not. It was a necessary sacrifice.

The funny thing is, when you called bullshit on LJ I have to actually go back through our PMs to be sure that was who you claimed. You could have just chosen someone else and I would have never known. Lol

You weren't the only one who I claimed TK Baha too, so....

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-02-2014, 05:34 PM
(13-02-2014 05:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 04:49 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  The funny thing is, when you called bullshit on LJ I have to actually go back through our PMs to be sure that was who you claimed. You could have just chosen someone else and I would have never known. Lol

You weren't the only one who I claimed TK Baha too, so....

I just thought it was funny.
Btw I believe I have officially joined the lets lynch A2 on day one club after this betrayal! Lol Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
13-02-2014, 05:41 PM
(13-02-2014 05:34 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 05:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You weren't the only one who I claimed TK Baha too, so....

Btw I believe I have officially joined the lets lynch A2 on day one club after this betrayal! Lol Tongue

I've gained a nasty reputation for being a traitor and a mole. But, people seem to forget that I am a useful townie as well.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
13-02-2014, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 06:05 PM by TheGulegon.)
(13-02-2014 12:25 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Well that, my fine ladies and gentleman, is a wrap. The Mafia have won!

Revenant (Roland/Governor/Restless Spirit) died last night. He would've been able to vote again, but the votes would tie. Even if his vote would've been placed first along with EA (Brick/Vigilante)'s, and either Vosur (Dr. Ned/Zombie Doctor) or Undergroundp (Commandant Steele/Framer) were lynched, that night the remaining Mafia would have killed EA and the game would have ended.

By the way there was never a cult.

Oh and another thing (that I've been dying about since the game started) is that TheGulegon's dancer ability did absolutely nothing because 1.) it sort of fit Claptrap's character 2.) We wanted to make all characters susceptible to Lady Jane's paranoid gun owner ability (which we were sad to see not really take action this game- making her a PGO instead of a cult leader or serial killer was a big experiment during this game; we thought if we gave her vote thief of lynch proof it would give her more of a chance to survive, but Fat Ass thought lynchproof was overpowered) and 3.) because we're bastards.

Big Grin

Very funny Dodgy Dancing over your grave wouldn't give me any powers either, but I'd enjoy it anyway Angry
I kid Tongue How'd I die? Was my guess right about Smerc accidentally killing me with that 10% chance thing?
Yeah DLJ; the blue post + Revs making alliances with phantom cultists had me thinking there was a cult Tongue
Good game Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
13-02-2014, 05:52 PM
(13-02-2014 05:34 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 05:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  You weren't the only one who I claimed TK Baha too, so....

It is safe to say I will join this club as well! I'll never forgive his bastardly ways Censored

Wink A2 himself is cool but in the game of Mafia I won't even try to trust.
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
13-02-2014, 05:59 PM
(13-02-2014 05:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 05:34 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I just thought it was funny.

I've gained a nasty reputation for being a traitor and a mole. But, people seem to forget that I am a useful townie as well.

You had been setting off my alarm bells from day one. I actually told EA to use her 1 off kill on you if I died night one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense