Mafia XXIV: Borderlands

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Mafia XXIV: Borderlands
Actually, I only confirmed myself. I had no idea whether I had given my invention to a mafioso or not, and neither did anyone else. The EA thing hadn't happened yet either, making me the only person who was confirmed. Apparently the bodyguard/doc hadn't figured that out. I should have publicly asked for protection though, I guess.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-02-2014, 11:42 AM
(14-02-2014 08:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 07:59 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I haven't had the luxury of following the thread, but I see only a single mafioso was axed.

[Image: nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif]

Oh well, at least Steven died. Bastard killed me on night one. Big Grin

To get rid of the alliance you and L&I had built up. Not only are you an experienced player, but you have essentially confirmed yourself as townie as soon as L&I used the invention. Not only that, you confirmed EA, who was aligned with Rev,and so that formed three
confirmed townies right there, and a very good player, but still unconfirmed townie.

I judged that breaking up the alliance by killing one of the points of access would have been the best strategy, and infiltrating by the weakest link would be the way to go. However, my plan was hurried a bit after L&I called me out about my night action, and I was sweating bullets. When it was revealed she knew nothing, I took advantage of her coming to me.

EA was aligned with Rev (naturally), and so Rev would have cautioned her (as he already did) to not trust me at all. LostandInsecure was the only way I could have snuck in, and planted myself as townie, luckily, she came to me first.

How will I ever trust again :'(

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
14-02-2014, 11:48 AM
(14-02-2014 11:42 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 08:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  To get rid of the alliance you and L&I had built up. Not only are you an experienced player, but you have essentially confirmed yourself as townie as soon as L&I used the invention. Not only that, you confirmed EA, who was aligned with Rev,and so that formed three
confirmed townies right there, and a very good player, but still unconfirmed townie.

I judged that breaking up the alliance by killing one of the points of access would have been the best strategy, and infiltrating by the weakest link would be the way to go. However, my plan was hurried a bit after L&I called me out about my night action, and I was sweating bullets. When it was revealed she knew nothing, I took advantage of her coming to me.

EA was aligned with Rev (naturally), and so Rev would have cautioned her (as he already did) to not trust me at all. LostandInsecure was the only way I could have snuck in, and planted myself as townie, luckily, she came to me first.

How will I ever trust again :'(

Sorry, but taking advantages of opportunity is the key to the game. You called me out, gave me information, and I, in turn, fed you fake info about me. I also used your access correspondence with me to entrench me into the alliance. You were going to be difficult to approach, so it worked in my favor that you approached me.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
14-02-2014, 05:06 PM
I dont understand why people trusted ato so early evrn before the game began. Thats just silly.

You should all know better... ato is great with working the crowd.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
14-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I use logic to play the game I dont see how getting more involved in the game would help. All that would come of it is drawing suspicion to myself or making myself a target. Cops need to hide in mafia.

Im not one of those people who can play as a con artist. I'm better at logic. The lynching behaviour in this game was rediculous. Made me cringe. Awfull decision making in this game... multiple times.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
14-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(14-02-2014 05:06 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I dont understand why people trusted ato so early evrn before the game began. Thats just silly.

To be fair most of the people that did were new players. I didn't trust the boy as far as I could throw him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-02-2014, 05:13 PM
(14-02-2014 05:06 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I dont understand why people trusted ato so early evrn before the game began. Thats just silly.

I don't know if that statement is supposed to imply anything, but there isn't any reason not to trust me less than anybody else originally. I am not, by virtue, most likely going to be mafia anymore than anyone else it. Assignments should be random, and therefore, it's the luck of the draw. Let's say I was a townie cop, and you guys never trust me, and townies lose. That's on you guys for not even considering me trustworthy.

It's all about infiltrating, and working the crowd. Like you said, I am good at it, in the mafia game.

14-02-2014, 05:17 PM
(14-02-2014 05:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

To be fair most of the people that did were new players. I didn't trust the boy as far as I could throw him.

You could throw me pretty far, I way like 119 pounds.

Not trusting me when I am a townie might be your downfall. Just saying.

14-02-2014, 05:18 PM
(14-02-2014 05:13 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't know if that statement is supposed to imply anything, but there isn't any reason not to trust me less than anybody else originally. I am not, by virtue, most likely going to be mafia anymore than anyone else it. Assignments should be random, and therefore, it's the luck of the draw. Let's say I was a townie cop, and you guys never trust me, and townies lose. That's on you guys for not even considering me trustworthy.

It's all about infiltrating, and working the crowd. Like you said, I am good at it, in the mafia game.

You're very good at working the crowd. However, in my opinion, the thing that makes you out to seem so scummy is how you're the first to jump in the pit like "HEY EVERYONE, HERE IS MY KNOB, SUCK IT" before anyone else jumps in the pit.

Tongue
14-02-2014, 05:22 PM
(14-02-2014 05:18 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 05:13 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I don't know if that statement is supposed to imply anything, but there isn't any reason not to trust me less than anybody else originally. I am not, by virtue, most likely going to be mafia anymore than anyone else it. Assignments should be random, and therefore, it's the luck of the draw. Let's say I was a townie cop, and you guys never trust me, and townies lose. That's on you guys for not even considering me trustworthy.

You're very good at working the crowd. However, in my opinion, the thing that makes you out to seem so scummy is how you're the first to jump in the pit like "HEY EVERYONE, HERE IS MY KNOB, SUCK IT" before anyone else jumps in the pit.

Tongue

You're the only one I want sucking my knob Tongue

What's that supposed to mean?