Mafia XXIX: Borderlands II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2014, 09:15 AM
RE: Mafia XXIX: Borderlands II
(13-05-2014 08:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Heh well that's it for me. Good lucky everyone.

Sorry to see that Rev. You should have set your skill tree to thought lock the driver instead of phase lock. Understandable though as most sirens use phase lock.

<Shakes fist in air>

"Damn you Mafia!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Shit... the doctor?

Goodbye Rev Weeping

Ok, people with investigative roles, time to show yourselves Dodgy
Strategy, people!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
13-05-2014, 09:46 AM
(13-05-2014 08:05 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  During the night, Revenant77x decided to go on a late night skag hunting trip. He picked off several skags from a distance and, happy with his night's work, began walking back to Sanctuary. While he was walking home he saw two lights in the distance. He tried to figure out what they were and realised they were heading straight toward him. As they got closer he could see they were the headlights on a Light-Runner, but the light was too dazzling for him to pick out who was driving it. Realising the danger he was in he began to run for the nearest rock formation but the Light-Runner was catching up to him too quickly, he frantically pulled out his gun and began firing but the bullets were not enough to stop the massive vehicle. As the Light-Runner bore down upon him he desperately tried to phaselock it, but it was simply too big to be phaselocked. Revenant77x gave out a final scream as the vehicle collided with his body, sending him flying through the air and making him forcefully collide with the very rocks he had been so desperately trying to reach. The driver of the Light-Runner calmly got out of the vehicle and walked over to Revenant77x, as he spluttered feebly on the floor they pulled out their gun and shot him three times in the head before casually driving off.

Revenant77x has been killed. He was Maya (Doctor).

End Night One

Begin Day Two

Please vote for whoever you wish to lynch.

god dammit! this is not good Sadcryface2

13-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I've been trying to think what villains there are specific to Borderlands 2. This may help give us ideas as to their roles and skills.

Turns out that Maya was the doctor. She has a skill in the game to heal other players by shooting them (?!). That's the way I play in the computer game.

The two main villains I can think of are Handsome Jack and Willhelm.

I wonder if Handsome Jack will need two lynches to kill because at the end of the game you have to take down his personal flying repair surveyor before you lower his shields. In the assault on dragon keep he comes back several times, although I don't know if the DLCs are used as inspiration for this game or whether it is vanilla BL2. Or it might be that Handsome Jack's skill is that he can project himself multiple times as happens at the end of the main storyline. This might mean in this Mafia game that we're not entirely sure which one is the correct one.

Willhelm is a cyborg who is presumably an assassin type role, and will be appearing in the pre-sequel coming out soon.

Nisha is the The Sheriff of Lynchwood and is Handsome Jack's significant other. I don't know what her skills or role would be.

The only other significant villain is the Warrior, but that's just a big end of game beastie you have to kill so I'm not sure whether that would be used in the game.

There's also Hunter Hellquist who does the Hyperion propaganda and so could have the role of Framer. There are other minor villain characters like Doc Mercy and Captain Flynt but they're just little obstacles put in place as part of the main storyline.
13-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I hope there's some pm action going on, or else Dodgy

Second day and no voting, no info? Pfft.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
13-05-2014, 03:30 PM
I think we should lynch earmuffs. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
13-05-2014, 03:44 PM
(13-05-2014 03:28 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I hope there's some pm action going on, or else Dodgy

Second day and no voting, no info? Pfft.

No one ever pm's me Sadcryface Seeing that pic Losty posted of her skype messages hit me you know. Deep inside. Made me feel kind of ... empty Weeping

If anyone's interested I'm a minor NPC in the computer game but I think I have a skill that could decide the outcome of this game if used at the right point. It's a one-shot skill that I would not want to use it unless I was sure. I was wanting to declare who I was on the first day but no one seemed interested in talking. I could reveal who I was now but I'm thinking that I might try waiting for the Mafia to claim my identity.
13-05-2014, 03:46 PM
(13-05-2014 03:44 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  No one ever pm's me Sadcryface Seeing that pic Losty posted of her skype messages hit me you know. Deep inside. Made me feel kind of ... empty Weeping

If anyone's interested I'm a minor NPC in the computer game but I think I have a skill that could decide the outcome of this game if used at the right point. It's a one-shot skill that I would not want to use it unless I was sure. I was wanting to declare who I was on the first day but no one seemed interested in talking. I could reveal who I was now but I'm thinking that I might try waiting for the Mafia to claim my identity.

What pic? Consider

I don't know, I usually wait for people to contact me, I have no reason to contact anyone else if we're the only ones talking in here Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
13-05-2014, 03:51 PM
(13-05-2014 03:46 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  What pic? Consider

From the Hannibal Mafia game of the number of people messaging her. She's deleted it now though.
13-05-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't want to blindly lynch someone & they turn out to be townie so until I have more info I vote no lynch.

[+] 1 user Likes smoothcriminal's post