Mafia XXIX: Borderlands II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2014 02:08 PM by Mathilda.)
RE: Mafia XXIX: Borderlands II
(18-05-2014 12:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yup which brings up a major issue I have with these games. If you do not have time to play do not sign the fuck up. For the people that never voted or sent in actions or did anything of value next time just skip the game.

Crulax grats on a great win, I really thought you were done when you lost the entire rest of the mafia in 2 days.

KidC was Zero a Commuter and could have called a mass role claim without worrying about being assassinated or lynched but didn't bother playing. We had a cop who publicly identified herself and people could have role claimed but another townie killed her off rather than role claim or ask questions.

I was the Town bomb which meant that I went out of my way from the outset to make myself a prime target for the Mafia. And I succeeded in killing Losty. I would have succeeded previously but Charis switched me and Gluegun so he got killed instead (well done Charis btw).

A few hours before the end of the night phase just before I died I sent the following message to Charis and Smerc. When I saw that Losty was Mafia and the framer I knew that Crulux was Handsome Jack.

Quote:We have two people claiming to be Townie trackers, DemonicLemon and Crulux. DemonicLemon claims to be Sir Hammerlock which is a very plausible character unlikely to be picked by the Mafia.

I know that Crulux was investigated by Smerc and came up townie but there is still a framer out there and with probably only two Mafia members left so one could be framing the other to protect themselves. If Crulux is Mafia then L&I could well be too because he said that he tracked her and she took no action. If he is lying about his ability then he wouldn't pick a townie who could say that he was wrong.

This would mean that L&I is the framer. I don't know if a framer can frame themselves, I think we need to assume that they can. Crulux has been identified in thread as townie so L&I would probably start framing herself if the hypothesis is correct. She hasn't said anything in thread since the game started.

If true then investigating Crulux again and this time having him come up Mafia would mean that we would have reason to lynch them both.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
18-05-2014, 02:11 PM
(18-05-2014 01:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 12:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yup which brings up a major issue I have with these games. If you do not have time to play do not sign the fuck up. For the people that never voted or sent in actions or did anything of value next time just skip the game.

Crulax grats on a great win, I really thought you were done when you lost the entire rest of the mafia in 2 days.

KidC was Zero a Commuter and could have called a mass role claim without worrying about being assassinated or lynched but didn't bother playing. We had a cop who publicly identified herself and people could have role claimed but another townie killed her off rather than role claim or ask questions.

I was the Town bomb which meant that I went out of my way from the outset to make myself a prime target for the Mafia. And I succeeded in killing Losty. I would have succeeded previously but Charis switched me and Gluegun so he got killed instead (well done Charis btw).

A few hours before the end of the night phase just before I died I sent the following message to Charis and Smerc. When I saw that Losty was Mafia and the framer I knew that Crulux was Handsome Jack.

Quote:We have two people claiming to be Townie trackers, DemonicLemon and Crulux. DemonicLemon claims to be Sir Hammerlock which is a very plausible character unlikely to be picked by the Mafia.

I know that Crulux was investigated by Smerc and came up townie but there is still a framer out there and with probably only two Mafia members left so one could be framing the other to protect themselves. If Crulux is Mafia then L&I could well be too because he said that he tracked her and she took no action. If he is lying about his ability then he wouldn't pick a townie who could say that he was wrong.

This would mean that L&I is the framer. I don't know if a framer can frame themselves, I think we need to assume that they can. Crulux has been identified in thread as townie so L&I would probably start framing herself if the hypothesis is correct. She hasn't said anything in thread since the game started.

If true then investigating Crulux again and this time having him come up Mafia would mean that we would have reason to lynch them both.

It wouldn't have worked because I never framed Crulax. He was a mole.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
18-05-2014, 02:16 PM
(18-05-2014 12:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 12:24 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Looks like my method of killing the active players first and then mopping up payed off.Big Grin

Yup which brings up a major issue I have with these games. If you do not have time to play do not sign the fuck up. For the people that never voted or sent in actions or did anything of value next time just skip the game.

Couldn't agree more. Mafia and Independents will most likely stay silent anyway, so when townies that can do shit just stay silent and do nothing, the townies have no chance.

I have to admit that I personally made a ton of bad calls, like killing Smerc.

But think about it. We were lucky to kill some mafia early and I didn't think we would be. No one was talking. Smerc said she's the cop and that's not what cops do early in the game. Gulegon was Jack of trades, so there was a possibility that he actually investigated her and that she had actually been an Independent.

I just took a risk since I couldn't trust anyone and nothing seemed to help.

This game was so frustrating, but it was awesome how one person managed to do all that.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
18-05-2014, 02:38 PM
What did Ellie's inventions do?
18-05-2014, 02:39 PM
(18-05-2014 02:38 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What did Ellie's inventions do?

Ooooh yeah, I'm very interested in hearing this. I was supposed to get one, but died before I could Sad

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-05-2014, 02:43 PM
(18-05-2014 12:24 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Looks like my method of killing the active players first and then mopping up payed off.Big Grin

It got two Mafia killed by targetting me and I was deliberately active straight off to make myself a target.

Apparently the other townies were suspicious of me though in which case I would have just explained my role. I was looking forward to telling people that they were going to die the moment they voted to lynch me and that they need to explain why I should vote to lynch myself to save them.
18-05-2014, 03:04 PM
(18-05-2014 02:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

It got two Mafia killed by targetting me and I was deliberately active straight off to make myself a target.

Apparently the other townies were suspicious of me though in which case I would have just explained my role.

I avoided revealing my role for similar reasons. I could kill, so that made me both suspicious to townies and the perfect target for Mafia.

I got an invention from Ryan and used it on Smooth a night before I died. I have no idea what it did.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
18-05-2014, 03:08 PM
(18-05-2014 02:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Apparently the other townies were suspicious of me though in which case I would have just explained my role. I was looking forward to telling people that they were going to die the moment they voted to lynch me and that they need to explain why I should vote to lynch myself to save them.

Lol, I didn't start putting that plan into effect until it was just down to me as the remaining mafia member.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
18-05-2014, 10:15 PM
(18-05-2014 02:38 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What did Ellie's inventions do?

Credit to Hughsie for creating these:

Invention A: Investigation (with an accurate result)

Invention B: Kill (with a faulty, "backwards barrel gun" result that would kill the user on accident)
because we're sarcastic as shit mods basically and we do what we want because it is in the taste of borderlands and it's funny as fuck if u feel me

Invention C: Protection (with a positive result)
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
18-05-2014, 10:24 PM
So the night I died, I had switched myself with DLemon. Had someone targetted Lemon that night and got me killed?

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.